Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop (half) Century! Where Did It Go???

Hi MeMom!

I simply had to post on your TR. I am loving your ongoing adventures, and getting a ton of good tips too ;)

For instance I didn't realise Tonga Toast was available CS. We are at the WL next May so we will definitely head to the Poly for some TT :)

After Beauty and the Beast, we went back to the room so Brooklynn could get a nap. She was tired and a little irritable from teething, and she was not too happy.

She stopped to talk to the ducks on the way back to the room. She likes ducks. She liked the ones at Pop this summer. She likes the ones who always join us to eat in the parks. And she liked these.

P1100795-1.jpg

P1100793.jpg

After a nap, it was back to Magic Kingdom just to browse.

disneypicssssssdiney007.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney009.jpg

We decided to visit Tom Sawyer's Island, since none of us had done that this summer.

disneypicssssssdiney013.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney014.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney015.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney017.jpg

Then it was off to Pinocchio's for dinner.

disneypicssssssdiney022.jpg

Jill got chicken strips and fries, and I got a turkey and bacon panini and apple slices.

disneypicssssssdiney023.jpg

In Pooh's Thotful Shop, Jill may have had a spill when she knocked a drink off the stroller. It may have been a very large spill.

disneypicssssssdiney029.jpg

It could have been that these guys

disneypicssssssdiney030.jpg

were talking about her and laughing at her as we left. I know I was! (Don't forget, I had a spill myself on MNSSHP night, so forgive the girl for her clumsiness. She comes by it honestly.)

Since we really didn't have an agenda, we decided to go over to Port Orleans French Quarter for beignets. Our plan, however, was to get off at POR and walk over by the river. And so we did.

disneypicssssssdiney031.jpg

This was the only other place we saw a few love bugs, but they weren't bad.

At POR, we just spent a few minutes looking around in the gift shop.

disneypicssssssdiney032.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney033.jpg

We went out back and saw some horses and carriages. The horses were huge and beautiful animals.

disneypicssssssdiney034.jpg

Then we started our walk. It was every bit as peaceful and beautiful as I had wanted it to be.

disneypicssssssdiney036.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney038.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney039.jpg

Next up, the very pretty French Quarter, and more footsies-in-the-pool hopping by Brooklynn.

disneypicssssssdiney040.jpg

I may add a few pictures later, but photobucket is not cooperating at this moment.

ok great update but i screamed when i saw POR. :woohoo: 72 days i will be there and i want to go now.

thanks for the pics.

:goodvibes Great pictures! I loved T.S island! It was too hot to do it in Sept though, Brooklynns t-shirt is soo cute! moms sidekick,,:cutie: I`m with Scott on the Port Orleans Pics! Our Favorite! Especially(sp?) the pic of the outside of Fultons as it was the last time in it,,I was running out because the magical express bus was loading,:sad1: and I was trying to suck up every last bit of WDW! :cloud9:

Loved seeing the pics at Riverside! I stayed there in 2005. It was really nice (again, LOVED the food court)! I may have to squeeze in a visit in Dec! :goodvibes

great pics, i love the one of the dinosaur! haha that ones great

THanks. We are definitely picture takers.

Memom -- I am finally caught up. Your pictures are amazing. I am going in three weeks... You are going to have a great time over thanksgiving. We went last year and are always going to go during the holidays.
Brooklynn is the cutest Alice in Wonderland Ever... :love:

You will have so much fun in just a few weeks! I am so jealous since I will be at work. I think she is a pretty cute Alice as well.

adorable! I'm all caught up again:thumbsup2 excellent pics as usual!:goodvibes

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them

i look forward to your updates. the pics are so great. the pic before Beauty was adorable.
it really was empty there. those streets were no one around.

She loves Beauty and the Beast! It was a rainy overcast day to start so everyone decided to sleep in I guess

I LOVE the pic of Brooklynn watching Beauty and the Beast! That's just how I feel when I watch it!

This is absolutely her favorite thing. She just sits there in awe!

Wow! Looks like I'm REALLY behind! I didnt realize that I'd missed so much!

Thanks for thinking about me at my home away from home! :goodvibes

John, Brooklynn and I hope to be able to be your "neighbor" starting next year

Hi MeMom!

I simply had to post on your TR. I am loving your ongoing adventures, and getting a ton of good tips too ;)

For instance I didn't realise Tonga Toast was available CS. We are at the WL next May so we will definitely head to the Poly for some TT :)

Glad you are enjoying it. We can definitely have some adventures. Stay tuned because the trip in March will chocked full of them since Memom's best friend is a little scatter brained.

A stroll along that river sounds perfect!

Poor Jill! I'm pretty klutzy myself, so I can't laugh at her!

The stroll was very nice. I am usually not such a klutz, but I was tired and dealing with an ill child and sometimes that just equals a chaotic out of control feeling causing klutziness!

ok great update but i screamed when i saw POR. :woohoo: 72 days i will be there and i want to go now.

thanks for the pics.

I don't know how many days we have left until Christmas. I know Walmart had a sign up a few days back that said 55 shopping days left so less than that! I'm right there with you in wanting to go right now!

:goodvibes Great pictures! I loved T.S island! It was too hot to do it in Sept though, Brooklynns t-shirt is soo cute! moms sidekick,,:cutie: I`m with Scott on the Port Orleans Pics! Our Favorite! Especially(sp?) the pic of the outside of Fultons as it was the last time in it,,I was running out because the magical express bus was loading,:sad1: and I was trying to suck up every last bit of WDW! :cloud9:

Brooklynn was still a little unstable in her walking on uneven ground and it was very hot. Maybe we will head back in December and explore some more. John and I stayed at POR for our honeymoon and loved it!

P1100786.jpg

ok -- So this might be the CUTEST PICTURE EVER!!! I love the Pics of POR - I never knew that it was that nice. I might have to check it out.:yay:

I'll preface this post by saying I'm doing this on Trent's computer, so if the formatting is different and you have to do that "scrolling across the screen" thing to read this, I apologize. It's looking weird to me as I'm previewing it, but my computer is on it's last leg, so this is what I have to do. Forgive me if it comes out funky.

Since the boys and I, if all goes well, are leaving on Friday for the next trip, I am really going to try to finish this one up in the next couple of days. School has been CRA-ZEE this week! So much testing and paperwork and forms, forms, and more forms to be filled out by so many deadlines. It's overwhelming sometimes. Somewhere in between all the "stuff" we have to fill out and testing we have to do, there are a few minutes we can actually do the old-fashioned teaching part of school.

The walk from POR to POFQ is pretty. If you haven't ever done that, you should give it a try. Very peaceful, even though you're really in the midst of a bazillion people in the whole scheme of Disney World.

We walked down the quiet streets.

disneypicssssssdiney041.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney042.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney043.jpg

Brooklynn put her feet in the water.

disneypicssssssdiney045.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney047.jpg

It was barely drizzling, but this nice young fellow offered shelter to the girls.

disneypicssssssdiney049.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney050.jpg

Brooklynn wanted to play a little music.

disneypicssssssdiney053.jpg

But then this guy said he'd bite off her head if she didn't leave the drumsticks alone.

disneypicssssssdiney052.jpg

Our mission was to capture three beignets to share. Jill had never had them, but she had heard about them from me. I was hoping she would like them as much as I did.

disneypicssssssdiney058.jpg

Mission accomplished. She did love them. I tried to get good pictures of all the things hanging from the ceiling in the food court, but none of them came out good. The lighting was yellowish or something.

We shopped a very little - just a quick run through the gift shop before heading back to Magic Kingdom for the evening.

disneypicssssssdiney055.jpg

Next up, back to Magic Kingdom for SpectroMagic and Wishes.

The walk from POR to POFQ is pretty.

OH I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

We are staying at POFQ and your pics are so pretty!!!!

Here's my countdown....we are down to 28 days now!!! :)

IMG_4059.jpg

I just decided to do it on the kitchen (bar top) counter :lmao: ....instead of finding something to put all the mickey heads on and then hang somewhere

Have fun on your Nov. trip....but just know....I'm STILL Jealous :snooty:

never been to FQ but i will next time. it looks nice. and I must try these things everyone speaks of.

it looked fine on my computer. :thumbsup2

can't wait for more.

Hope you have a great trip.

Then it was back to Magic Kingdom for Wishes and SpectroMagic.

disneypicssssssdiney067.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney071.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney086.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney084.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney090.jpg

We met this CM who is from the Nashville area. She had Mickey himself say Happy Birthday to Jill on the phone.

disneypicssssssdiney183.jpg

One tired little girl.

disneypicssssssdiney179.jpg

All the things I bought for everyone during this trip:

disneypicssssssdiney194.jpg

Sunday morning, I walked over through the parking lot to take pictures at All-Star Music, since that's where we're staying at Christmas.

disneypicssssssdiney196.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney198.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney200.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney203.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney207.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney210.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney211.jpg

After that, we packed the car up and drove over to Pop Century. We wanted to have breakfast there and take a few pictures before we left.

Brooklynn in the parking lot at Pop.

disneypicssssssdiney216.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney221.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney219.jpg

The schedule, for those lucky enough to be staying - not leaving, like us.

disneypicssssssdiney222.jpg

We are sure Brooklynn remembered Pop from the summer, because as soon as we walked inside, her little legs sped up and headed right for Everything Pop!

disneypicssssssdiney223.jpg

The final post for this trip is on its way. I'll try my best to get it in tomorrow night before I leave on Friday. I'll put up a few pictures from this coming weekend's trip, if anyone is still reading. Let me know if you're interested, or if you're just sick of this very long report of one trip running into another.

OH Memom! I`m still here reading!! :hug: I get excited when I get a e-mail from your report! :surfweb: I cant wait to hear about the Boys & Mom Trip! :cheer2:
I loved the picture of Jill on the phone because it happened to me and I completly forgot about it! We were waiting for the Monorail at contemp after Chef Mickeys and the Monorail attendant told me the phone was for me! :confused3 It was Goofy!!! wishing me a happy birthday! :thumbsup2 So thanks for the memory!!

loved it. sad it is over. of course post pics. do another tr. i really enjoy them.

We browsed through the fun stuff - lots of clothes, plenty of sweet stuff, and cutesie things.

disneypicssssssdiney241.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney242.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney243.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney246.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney245.jpg

And then on to some breakfast.

This lady

disneypicssssssdiney231.jpg

makes these!

disneypicssssssdiney229.jpg

Lots and lots of them.

This is what we ate.

disneypicssssssdiney234.jpg

We didn't eat all of it, of course. We never do.

We walked around outside for a few minutes.

disneypicssssssdiney250.jpg

I got a picture or two while Jill figured out how to make a cooler out of a bunch of shopping bags so that I could have a way to bring home tie-dyed cheesecake and carrot cake to a teacher friend, my boys, and Kristi's dad.

disneypicssssssdiney264.jpg

Jill rolled her eyes at me when I brought a load of food back to the table that we had to transport home. She rolls her eyes at me a lot.

I took a picture just for Jill.

disneypicssssssdiney261.jpg

Don't have a cow, Jill! (You realize we really did use to say that - back when it was cool. Cool is a little younger than groovy, but not as old as...okay...I'll stop before I age myself too much.)

Finally, we really truly did have to get on the road back to the real world.

disneypicssssssdiney270.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney271.jpg

Brooklynn was asleep before we ever got off property. She had done a pretty good job keeping up with her Mommy and crazy MeMom.

I sat in the back seat with my ballooned-up leg hanging into the front up on a pillow. Jill played chauffeur. She's a good one. We talked and laughed about all the fun we had on that very impromptu trip. We had a great, great time. Disney World was so cool dressed up in its Halloween suit, and we had finally seen it in person and not just in pictures.

So, the boys and I are off tomorrow. Jill, Brooklynn, and I will be back down there on Christmas Day. I am very blessed to be able to share this place and these times with these three kids that I love SO much! I sent up many prayers to God from the time I was a teenager, knowing I wanted to someday be a mother, and He answered those prayers in the awesomest way by giving me these three lives to share my time here on earth with.

what a great ending and now the saga continues. :rotfl2: Have a great trip and take lots of pics again. Love seeing them all.

I just spent half of my night reading your TR! I've been lurking on the dis for a few months but just wasn't motivated to join until now. I enjoyed every minute reading of your experiences, and related quite a bit. My family went in October and it was the first trip for all 3 or my girls. (5,3,8mo) It was the most amazing experience of my life, and just as you have mentioned, the small, unplanned events stick out more than any other.

You are so lucky to have such an amazing family!

ps. We're neighbors! We live in Jones Valley, and much of our family lives in Nashville. I even looked into Primrose for my oldest when we first moved here. Ended up sending her to our churches mothers day out since it was close to my house, but was VERY IMPRESSED. Primrose is one of the best!

By the way, I just LOVE the pics of your beautiful baby girl with her beautiful bare feet all over Disney! She is a true southern girl!

personally, I never wear shoes unless it's required. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter