Babnanas 11: "Boo-boo's are OUT, Toast is IN….

Hey y'all...... :wave:

Long overdue update from the Lego Clan. Been a bit of a whirlwind around here lately. We are all ok, just shot from guns.

Some of you may know, the Disney trip for DH and I didn't happen. By choice. We weren't feeling it. We needed all-5-of-us family time and that's just what we did. Took the same weekend and went up north (NH) for a get away to the mountains. The boys had a great time and I'm so glad we got to do this. Disney will be there, and if I'm totally honest, as much as a couples trip would have been fun, when I think about going back, I think about the boys being there (at least 2 of 3....DS18 is almost 19, and on the verge of starting his own life!). I want a family trip there, too. NO idea when or even if that will happen, but for now it's my dream. :cloud9:

In retrospect, had we gone to Disney, it would NOT have gone down as the dream trip we'd planned!! I'm a firm believer in things happening as they do for a reason, and this is a perfect example. When we got home from our weekend, I had three emails from Disney stating that the three FP+ I had for Saturday night at the MK were cancelled because "the experience is temporarily unavailable." Now, I would get it for one, maybe it broke down or whatever.....but all three?! So I posted on the main boards here to see if anyone had been there, what was up? Turns out there were severe storms that night, and all the outside attractions were closed. So, the late-night MK with the most-coveted FP's, that I had most been looking forward to, would have been a total bust. :headache: Then, due to lovely TS Erika, we would have dealt with constant tropical downpours all day Monday and Tuesday. Half of our trip..... I mean, a heavy t-storm, ok fine, it comes and then it goes. I've been through my share of tropical storms and their remnants, and it's NO fun.

Meanwhile, on the home-front, I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks and couldn't be happier. It was definitely time to move on from the old one, for a myriad of reasons. I'll be doing something I love to do (housekeeping at a camp just down the road; this is what I did in TX and I am SO happy to be back in this environment again). Really ready for this change!! I'm sneaking in a trip to my dad's just before I start, too. I won't get back down there until sometime in the spring, Lord willing, so I really want to go now. Every winter I worry about him making it through.... :(

Anyway, if you've read this whole thing then you have the update on what's going on here! Hope everyone else is well. No time to go back and read through so if I've missed anything epic, someone fill me in. :bitelip:

@LegoMom3 - Congratulations on the new job! That's amazing news and I hope it works out perfectly for you.
Sorry to read that you decided not to go to Disney. And you're right. I have a Dis-friend that headed there last week and it rained on him 5 days out of 10; and each time for over 2 hours. He and the family spent a bit more time in the room than they had thought. Your family vacay sounds like a much better time. As you say, Disney will always be there....quite possibly late October or early November 2016. ;)

Nothing epic happening here in Oz. Just the turn of season....which we get tantalising hints of; but it's still cold. Which reminds me. I have a ball of wool that I need to convert into gloves.

Keep well!

Happy Wed everybody!
I hope the YoYo's are having loads of fun! :beach:

PIO, Knitting is always so relaxing. I need to get some yarn and get busy.

LegoMom, Sounds like you made a good decision about Fla. Your family trip sounds like a great idea! Congrats on the new job. :goodvibes

It's going to be a high of 63 here on Sat, I guess fall will be around the corner, whether I'm ready or not.:scratchin

Have a great rest of your week everybody! :cheer2:

:wave: Somehow, I never found time to make it to the Dis this week!!! :faint:

I've been out with the tulips and canola fields. It's been busy....but pretty.

Morning all! ('evening PiO!).....

Quick howdy. I worked my last day at the old job yesterday. Was scheduled to be today but it's that slow, there's just not enough to keep us all busy so I just called it a wrap. Tomorrow I head to FL to visit my dad, so the day off today gives me time to get everything ready and that's a nice bonus. Next week on Tuesday I start the new job! Very much looking forward to it.

How's everyone else doing? Did I read somewhere in here that kimmar is moving?

Have a safe trip to see your Dad, LegoMom3! And congratulations on your new job! Things happen for a reason. Your next Disney trip will be just what you need. :hug:

PIO, yarn. Yes! As the temps around here drop, my fingers are starting to itch to knit something warm. Perhaps some fingerless gloves for outdoor photography or a nice warm cowl. Decisions, decisions!

Well, the YoYos had a wonderful trip to Disney and convention last week. It wasn't without frustration or drama, but in the end, all had a great time. I'll try to do a TR later this week, but it might be early October before I can get it up and finished. :rolleyes1

We did help a few daughters lighten their Dad's wallets while we were shopping for new tiaras on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. (Several of us accidentally on purpose left our tiaras at home.) One husband was laughing so hard at our comments and antics that he told his wife to choose a tiara and he'd pay for it after we explained to her why she needed a tiara. I think it was the "Housework goes faster when you're wearing a tiara" comment that got him. (Try it. It does.)

And now, back to W.O.R.K. so I can start saving for the next trip! :badpc:

How's everyone else doing? Did I read somewhere in here that kimmar is moving?

Afternoon!! ;)

I'm doing okay. Been busy doing stuff around town now that we have spring finally springing!

I think Kimmar was selling her house. Which implies she is moving. Wonder how she's going with it all.

PIO, yarn. Yes! As the temps around here drop, my fingers are starting to itch to knit something warm. Perhaps some fingerless gloves for outdoor photography or a nice warm cowl. Decisions, decisions!

I need to knit that fingerless gloves!!!! I just can't seem to get started on it yet.

Well, the YoYos had a wonderful trip to Disney and convention last week. It wasn't without frustration or drama, but in the end, all had a great time. I'll try to do a TR later this week, but it might be early October before I can get it up and finished. :rolleyes1

Looking forward to it. Glad you had a great time.

....well, last Wednesday was my birthday, and the next day was our 3 2nd wedding anniversary. ...we went to dinner and on Sunday went to the Yankees game!

....oh, and BTW, they gave me another desk that I could get into. ...I'll have to post some pics of my room....

....well, last Wednesday was my birthday, and the next day was our 3 2nd wedding anniversary. ...we went to dinner and on Sunday went to the Yankees game!

Horribly Late....but hopefully not last!

Happy birthday, happy anniversary! Hope you had a great month!

Morning nanners! Been a slow week on the thread!!....that gets me scared that we're slowing fading away. :sad1:

kimmar, happy belated birthday and anniversary wishes!!!! :bday::cake::drinking1

PiO: I think you should wait a year and come to Orlando in the late fall of 2017. Just sayin'. :rolleyes1

Finished my first week on the new job. LOVE it. So very thankful for the change, it was much needed. Getting chilly here and the leaves are changing. We've been warmer than normal, but no complaints from me, who still needs to get oil in the tank.....

Sounds like a plan to me.

Avatarland should be finished by then. Shall we lock in a date? ;)

Yes on the date, but I'm not meeting you in Avatarland...... :crazy2: (sorry, I'm one of those who is NOT a fan and has zero interest in this new endeavor......). What I'd really like to see is the rumored expansion/improvements coming to DHS!!!

:teeth:

Yes on the date, but I'm not meeting you in Avatarland...... :crazy2: (sorry, I'm one of those who is NOT a fan and has zero interest in this new endeavor......). What I'd really like to see is the rumored expansion/improvements coming to DHS!!!

:teeth:

I have a DH that is an avid fan. It's the only way I'm getting him back to WDW. And yes, I'd like to see Star Wars as well (as does he!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter