Babnanas 11: "Boo-boo's are OUT, Toast is IN….

So, update from my little corner of the world. My car is at LONG last almost home again!! Been sitting at my mechanic's for just about 2 months now with a blown transmission. ... I'm planning to book the room on Friday and here's HOPING!!!! pixiedust:

Two months? You have patience, my friend. Congrats on booking the room on Friday!

I'm excited as the YoYo's will be heading to Disney in September! (Y'all have been warned.) We have a convention at a Downtown Disney hotel and will be coming in a few days early to visit Mickey and friends and also go to that other park, aka The Park That Shall Not Be Named. I can't wait! Now to find a discount code for early September.

So, update from my little corner of the world. My car is at LONG last almost home again!! Been sitting at my mechanic's for just about 2 months now with a blown transmission. DH finally got his motorcycle sold, so my car is being worked on and I hope to have it back before long. I can't honestly say being without it has been anything more than an inconvenience, but I miss it! :guilty:

My WDW trip was looking pretty bleak for a while there, and I don't count my chickens before they hatch anymore (!), but I'm planning to book the room on Friday and here's HOPING!!!! pixiedust:

Otherwise I am just looking forward to school being out (so I don't have to get up quite as early to take DS to school) and really enjoying summer. Now if the weather would ever catch up and WARM UP! :headache:

YAY! A trip to WDW for you.

Two months? You have patience, my friend. Congrats on booking the room on Friday!

I'm excited as the YoYo's will be heading to Disney in September! (Y'all have been warned.) We have a convention at a Downtown Disney hotel and will be coming in a few days early to visit Mickey and friends and also go to that other park, aka The Park That Shall Not Be Named. I can't wait! Now to find a discount code for early September.

OOH! I get to live vicariously through you as well.

Congrats on having a trip to see Mickey and to cheat on Mickey.

Just to clarify, the car has been at the mechanic's for 2 months because of my lack of funds to pay for fixing it, NOT because it's taken the mechanic that long to do the job!!!

The room-only discounts are out for fall -- Aug. 28-Oct. 3, I believe it is. You have to go looking for it on the WDW site, but it's there! Free Dining is also out, so there may be other packages too at this point.

We will be there 8/29-9/2! Hopefully booking Pop (it was available at last check).

YAY! A trip to WDW for you.

Yeah, like I said, hopefully. I'm trying to be excited but I have been burned so many times that it's hard to really throw myself into it...... :worried: What is SO frustrating is that I have airfare, park admission, and the Memory Maker package all booked (and non-refundable!!). ALL I need is the resort! :worship:

I was just on my MDE page, and based on an ADR I have set up, today it's 100 days until the trip!!!!!!

That means tomorrow I'm DOUBLE-DIGIT DANCIN'!! :banana:

99 days!!!

:banana::banana:

I'll be booking shortly here.....I'll let you know how it goes!

Just to clarify, the car has been at the mechanic's for 2 months because of my lack of funds to pay for fixing it, NOT because it's taken the mechanic that long to do the job!!!

.....yeah, yeah, yeah, right....sure, sure, sure....if I had a dime for every time I heard THAT flimsy story..........I'd have a dime.

I am hoping that I can land a Kindergarten teaching job for the Fall School year and then my Boyfriend and I can go back to WDW very soon. Right now with him just having a job and me just graduating college we are low on funds.

.....yeah, yeah, yeah, right....sure, sure, sure....if I had a dime for every time I heard THAT flimsy story..........I'd have a dime.

spitcoffee.gif

Well, here ya go.......

1946_silver_dime.jpg

I am hoping that I can land a Kindergarten teaching job for the Fall School year and then my Boyfriend and I can go back to WDW very soon. Right now with him just having a job and me just graduating college we are low on funds.

You'll get there! I've gone more in my 40s than any other time and have had a BLAST!! :thumbsup2

Good luck with the job! Sounds fun and challenging.

Well, DH and I are officially booked at Pop Century for the end of August! Standard room (I don't want Preferred because I actually would rather be further removed from the "action"). I like a good coffee walk in the morning too. Neither of us has ever stayed here so it's something brand new to make new memories. And really, for this trip, it's mostly a place to sleep (although I do plan to catch a nap and use the pool in the afternoon of our arrival day; it's EMH at the MK that night, open til 1am!! That some of the best touring time).

I've got two ADRs made; one for BoG lunch and one for Afternoon Tea. Not sure on keeping Tea, though. I forgot they got rid of the a la carte menu and the minimum selection is $30/person. For $60, we can do a full buffet at Biergarten (DH's fave!) and leave feeling full!! So, I dunno. I'm thinking of the atmosphere and "take a break" factor, since it'll be fires-of-hell hot at that time of year, but I'm just having a hard time with the cost for what we actually get in food. :confused3

So, now I just wait, and hope and pray that this time it really happens.

You'll get there! I've gone more in my 40s than any other time and have had a BLAST!! :thumbsup2

Good luck with the job! Sounds fun and challenging.

I feel lucky to be 22 years old and have been to WDW 5 times in my life. 4 as a kid with my parents and 1 time with my boyfriend.

Thank You, I know I will love teaching. I really enjoyed Student Teaching the Kindergartners.

I'll bet Kindergarten teaching would be fun. I imagine they're just so bright and optimistic at that point! I have a friend who was moved to K this year after doing 5 & 6 for years; she LOVES them!!

I'll bet Kindergarten teaching would be fun. I imagine they're just so bright and optimistic at that point! I have a friend who was moved to K this year after doing 5 & 6 for years; she LOVES them!!

Student teaching them was such a great experience. My Teacher mentor was fantastic and the kids were wonderful. They are always excited about learning. I can't wait to start my career.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter