• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Babies' Sex Reveal

Not sure on the How, but it would too cool if the Etch a Sketch at TSMM could etch the reveal! Perhaps an awesome CM with lots of Pixie Dust? :thumbsup2

That would be amazing! While I highly doubt we'll be able to pull that off it may be worth a question :)

I like everyone's ideas so far...but to take it one step further..How about doing the reveal with two characters of significance? Like if its a boy/girl, have a prince/princess each hold up a onesie (Cinderella and Prince Charming for example)... or if its two girls, choose characters that are sisters (Anna & Elsa, Anastasia & Drizella)...if its two boys you might have to be more creative...Pooh & Tigger, Mike & Sully, two of the Country Bears...

Congratulations!

We're thinking of using two characters for the picture (it is a boy and a girl by the way!) Maybe Mickey and Minnie or prince and princesses... so many options! We lucked out that it's not two girls cuz we'd have had to do Anna and Elsa and that would have been a long two hour wait for that picture!

How about asking if Chip and Dale (who are twins) to help you with the photo. I have identical twin daughters and every time Chip & Dale see them they get very animated and excited. I would guess that they would be over the moon to help you with your reveal photo.

Congrats! Life is about to get very interesting and very busy for you, but as I watch my "babies" grow and fret over their upcoming 18th birthday, I wouldn't change any of the chaos of those early years for anything.

Thanks for the congrats! We know it's going to be hectic- probably no idea just HOW hectic though. That's one of the reasons we wanted one more "semi-calm" trip to WDW before the storm! Cute story about Chip and Dale- another great idea! We're just going to cherish every moment... at least try to...

Whatever you chose, I don't think you can go wrong!

Have you seen the "will you marry me?" on splash mountain? Maybe something similar to that?

Or maybe, A picture of each of you wearing pink/blue colored ears in front of the castle (or your favorite icon)..

A disney cake (or cupcake) with respective gender toppers/decor?

A video with cinderella or another face character saying it...

Let us know what you decide!! :)

All great ideas! I will let you guys know- hopefully I'll be able to post the picture too!

Just to let you know, we were told that characters could not hold up signs or anything else for special photos by a CM handler. This was in October 2011, though, and not for a baby, so maybe they will help you out. I just wouldn't get your hopes up to the point that you will be really disappointed if they won't help you. Just be sure to have a backup plan. Personally, I would recreate the first photo with pink/blue ears. Good luck, and congrats! :goodvibes

Another idea:

When I was pregnant with my son, we got an autograph book that has a page for the autograph on one side and then the page with the picture pocket that you can put your pic with the character on the other.

We got autographs and pictures with the characters pointing to my belly, congratulating me, and then autographing on the other side. So, technically, my DS met all his characters before he was born! It's a cute reminder of my pregnancy and how wonderful it all was. :cutie:

How about asking if Chip and Dale (who are twins) to help you with the photo. I have identical twin daughters and every time Chip & Dale see them they get very animated and excited. I would guess that they would be over the moon to help you with your reveal photo.

Congrats! Life is about to get very interesting and very busy for you, but as I watch my "babies" grow and fret over their upcoming 18th birthday, I wouldn't change any of the chaos of those early years for anything.

Chip and Dale aren't brothers, they're just best friends. ;)

Just to let you know, we were told that characters could not hold up signs or anything else for special photos by a CM handler. This was in October 2011, though, and not for a baby, so maybe they will help you out. I just wouldn't get your hopes up to the point that you will be really disappointed if they won't help you. Just be sure to have a backup plan. Personally, I would recreate the first photo with pink/blue ears. Good luck, and congrats! :goodvibes

We have had the characters hold up several signs, make short videos saying hello to our brother or happy birthday to something. I've never heard of characters refusing unless it's inappropriate. (swear words, any mention of alcohol)

We have had the characters hold up several signs, make short videos saying hello to our brother or happy birthday to something. I've never heard of characters refusing unless it's inappropriate. (swear words, any mention of alcohol)

That's great news! Goofy must have just had a cranky CM with him that day. :rotfl2: Definitely had no swear words because we do not use them, and I've never had so much as a sip of alcohol. :rotfl:

DW is having twins in May- we used a November WDW trip to reveal our twin pregnancy. We took a picture of "Baby A" and "Baby B" ear hats in front of the castle. We would like to take a picture during our trip this weekend to reveal the babies' sexes. We are thinking of having a character/characters hold up a sign that says "it's a boy and/or it's a girl" but we are looking for any other ideas or tips!

Thanks in advance!

photo.php

Friends of mine who had twins did the same thing. :goodvibes Their gender reveal was announced in Disney too with her wearing baby pink ears saying "It's a girl" and him in baby blue with "And a boy". I loved the continuity - photo in front of the Castle announcing pregnancy, photo in front of the Castle announcing gender.

That's great news! Goofy must have just had a cranky CM with him that day. :rotfl2: Definitely had no swear words because we do not use them, and I've never had so much as a sip of alcohol. :rotfl:

I think you just caught a CM making up rules. There is NO such rule in place and I've seen it done countless times and done it personally. :) If it's appropriate, the characters have no problem in playing along :)

Jumping off another persons idea. I like the idea of you guys in the pink and blue mickey ear hats. BUT I think a back shot of you guys looking at the castle..(so the photo has your backs with your arm around her back). BUT then have the picture in black and white except the hats. So even if you couldn't find the colored hats you could always buy the standards and Photoshop the color on it.

Chip and Dale aren't brothers, they're just best friends. ;)

Well, they must believe they're twins....our first visit seeing them was at Goofy's Kitchen in Disneyland.....they wrote on our paper tablecloth that they're "twins too" when they saw my girls. They wrote some other answers to the girls too....and we have the tablecloth framed.

Well, they must believe they're twins....our first visit seeing them was at Goofy's Kitchen in Disneyland.....they wrote on our paper tablecloth that they're "twins too" when they saw my girls. They wrote some other answers to the girls too....and we have the tablecloth framed.

They were confused :lmao: Officially, they are best friends :) But they look like they could be brothers or twins :)

You could enlist the help of CMs at your resort and I bet they could make some extra magic happen! Let them know what you are thinking and they will take it from there. We went to CMs to help us surprise my DDs and DNs when my parent decided to join us at WDW. The CMs went crazy with it and said they really love doing the surprises. If you have an idea you like, let them know and they could work some extra pixie dust (or ask in the parks).

Make sure to post your pic!

Congratulations!

We announced our pregnancy on FB with a Disneyland photo. I was 14 weeks along and we bought a 2013 Onesie at the park and took a picture of us holding it in front of the castle. We didn't know gender yet, so we picked a blue one. You got a lot of great ideas already...I would buy one each of the 2014 onesies--they come in pink or blue.

I put our daughter in the navy onesie with some pink pants once she fit into it and she looked adorable.

Congratulations on your twins! I have 20 month old fraternal girl twins and life as you know it is about get crazy, but in a wonderful, doubly blessed way. Our life is chaotic sometimes, but always worth it. Best of luck getting the perfect picture and announcing the genders. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter