Babies @ Disneyland

Epek

DIS Veteran
What's the youngest age you've taken to DL? We're locals, AP holders for the first time and have a newborn. We've got family coming to visit the new lo and they want to take DS3 to Disneyland. Dh can go with, but I'm feeling selfish and not sure I want to be left alone at home while they have all the fun. Is it completely irresponsible to take a newbie? We have carriers to wear the baby so she wouldn't be out in the open.

I took my youngest at 2 months. I kept him in a moby wrap the entire time....I spent a good chunk of the trip in the baby care center, but we still had a blast!

I've taken both our kids when they were newborns, around 8 weeks, after they had their first set of vaccinations. I did wear them in a Moby wrap to keep other people's hands off of them and to make it easier to nurse. They slept most of the time and it was a fun, relaxed visit. I wasn't up to too much walking or rough rides, so we wandered and people watched and went on gentle rides (Small World etc).
Have a great time and just take it easy.

How newborn is newborn? :) I personally wouldn't, but that is because we would have to travel and do the hotel thing and all, not because I think babies don't belong at DLR. As an AP holder, you are just visiting for the day. I don't really think this is any different than going to the mall or to another outing with your baby. You won't be going with expectations to go commando all day and get on every ride.

I love the BC Centers!! I'd make good use of them and make sure if it's warm, baby stays cool and hydrated and out of the sun. Have fun if you decide to go!

My son was a little over two months old the first time he visited Disneyland. Wearing him (for us it was a Bjorn, but there are so many great options) was very simple - he rode most of the rides that my 6-year-old daughter could ride! I agree with the other posters that the Baby Centers are great - nursing is much more comfortable there and so quiet, but really, I did not feel overwhelmed at all. Have a wonderful time...they aren't free at Disneyland for long!

My daughter was just shy of 4 months when I took her for the first time, and my son was 5 months for his first visit. My sister took my nephew for the first time at 6 weeks. My kids were both on bottles by the time they went, but my sister took advantage of the baby centers to nurse. You've mentioned wearing baby, that works well for us, as well as having a stroller that lays as close to flat as possible for longer naps. Baby can go on any ride that doesn't have a height restriction, and can be worn on most of them. And don't forget to take advantage of rider switch so you can have fun too!

My son was 2 months when I took him. My daughter who is older was probably 1? when we took her. Not sure?

DD1 was only a month old when she went for the first time. I wouldn't have necessarily chosen to take her but we went for an overnight trip with my cheerleaders so of course I took her. I love the pics of her there so tiny! We also got her the golden 50th anniversary ears because she was born in 2005. I treasure them.

I took my daughter for her first time at 3 months. I think there's no problem with taking a newborn. I loved the baby care centers. Such a nice relaxing place to feed baby. I breast fed, and was able to breast feed in any quiet space, including POC :) With my son, he was 8 months old the first time, a stroller, carrier or sling of your choice, and the train, are great tools to take advantage of. I would go and take the baby if I were you!

We just spent 4 days in DLR and saw lots of babies. My only concern would be how hot it's been, we had to leave today by 1:00, it was unbearable. So a baby strapped to you would not be comfortable for either of you. I saw some people that had a fan that clipped onto the stroller, might be a good idea and dress them lightly. I saw so many babies covered in blankets when it's over 90-100 degrees out!

My youngest was 12 months, this upcoming trip we will have our 6 month old(at that time) but we have to fly over 12 hours....
In your position I would absolutely go, you will have a great time :)

We took our son to WDW at 5 months (we started planning the trip before I was pregnant!) and DLR at 10 months and we had a great time both times. The baby care centers are amazing, so they make life a lot easier with a baby. We did a lot of baby wearing the first time and more strollering the second time, because he napped better in the Ergo carrier when he was younger. Having a stroller that folds down as much as possible was huge for us. Our next stroller I am definitely getting one that folds ALL the way down.

We took our daughter at 2 months and several other times during her first couple of years. We always stayed on property - usually the Grand Californian - that we would could get back to the room quick for naps, etc. And also make quick trips into the parks. We all enjoyed.

I say go and have fun!!! If everyone in your group is willing to give you a break once in a while during your day then go and enjoy!!! Sometimes sitting back & people watching & taking in the details of the park all around you while your baby sleeps in the stroller can be just as satisfying as being on a ride!!! That's another great reason to being an Annual Passholder!!!

Thanks everyone! I'm really considering it now! I think the heat is supposed to break next week, so that will help. She's a pretty easy baby so far and loves the carrier, so I think we would do well.

I took my son at 6 months and will be taking him and DD in august, he will be 2 1/2.
I took my DD when she was 2 1/2 as well.

I had an ergobaby carrier and used that...baby center was wonderful and he slept in his stroller most of the time.

I took my first when she was 12 weeks. I wanted to be sure she had necessary rounds of vaccinations. We had a great time when she was that little and it was so easy!

We took her again when she was 15 mos old and I was like 30 weeks pregnant. She had a great time. Def didn't do fireworks or fantasmic or WOC but still had a great time.

We are going again and she will be almost three and my youngest will be 15 mos. it will be an experience that's for sure.

Mine was 1 year old. On her birthday. She was little (born at 35 weeks) so I wore her in a baby carrier facing outward almost the whole time. I put her in the stroller at nap time. She slept remarkably well at the Disneyland Hotel!

The look on her face when she first rode it's a small world was priceless. Worth every penny of that trip.

Our son will be not quite 17 months on our trip. That's pretty much the youngest I'll take because the idea of waiting in line holding a child sounds horrible to me.

However, if we still lived nearby and had an annual pass, then we probably would have gone when he was younger. Just for a couple hours in the evening though. Not days on end like we do now.

6 weeks. So easy, much easier than when they get to be 6-10 mos old. Now she is 28, and a Disney Diehard....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter