BAA strikes, anyone else worried?

We are flying from LHR next Sunday, 22nd - so thankfully we won't be effected on the way out however our return journey, the week later, we may be as that is when they are talking about striking, what a coincidence, bank holiday weekend.

I think that the Unite chief is crazy. He brought down MG Rover, is doing a similar job now with BA and BAA. What on earth is going on?! Shouldn't these people be grateful they have a job right now? Millions are out of work and they are complaining over a pay freeze? Surely that is better than a pay cut? Everyone would love a pay rise but people are just glad they have a job!

what a coincidence, bank holiday weekend.

I know. Fancy that! :rolleyes1

what a coincidence, bank holiday weekend.

I think that the Unite chief is crazy. Millions are out of work and they are complaining over a pay freeze? Surely that is better than a pay cut? Everyone would love a pay rise but people are just glad they have a job!

Well this is the whole point that is getting everyone so irritated with the whole thing. Two years ago the news channels and papers were broadcasting endless interviews with staff and management where people were only too happy to have an indefinite pay freeze and /or cut hours just to keep themselves in employment. Some people have a short memory ......

Exactly. I also think it says a lot that just under half of employees also responded to the ballot. In a way its bad as if they replied saying no, then the strike may not even be potential but if they really were that bothered by a pay freeze, then surely they would have returned their ballot saying yes to a strike.

Looks like it's all in the clear for now :) that's good, we just got our virgin e-tickets today :goodvibes

Ohh is it - haven't seen the news today (too busy dissing :rotfl: ) - excellent news for everyone!!!!

Hey, I'm going from Dublin to Gatwick on the 01st sept then onto MCO the same day. Proposed strikes don't seem to be effecting LGW, just LHR, STN...

Fingers crossed there'll be no probs!! See u on the plane!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

well it looks like the pay deal on offer seems to be a good one and the union are backing it from what i can see so fingers crossed we can all take a deep breath and relax :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter