BA-how early to get to the airport if you have already checked in ?

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mouseketeer
Ive just booked for next year :)

Seems I can check in on line 24 hours before or go the evening before and drop our bags. Either are possible as we will stay with my in laws who live about 30 mins away. Though it would be a long journey,2 1/2 hours to Gatwick from the Midlands then to the in laws or 2 hours direct to the in laws.

Just wondered how early we would then have to get to the airport for our flight, presume its not still 3 hours before or whats the point ?

Thanks.

2 hours would be probably be ok, but bear in mind there are often big queues at security. It took us a while as there are a number of big transatlantic flights departing around the same time as the BA flight.

We alway get there 3 hours before but we like to get the most out of the pre-paid lounges!

We do on line check in and then get there about 2 1/2 hours before. But like Gemma we like to make use of the executive lounge before we jet off.

We normally get there 3 hours before the flight's due to leave but that's mainly because we like to have a mooch round duty free and a big breakfast :goodvibes

We check in online the previous day and aim to get there 2 hours before. That's normally plenty to have a quick meal and a look round the shops.

We will be there 3 hours before.

It seems to whizz by once you're through to departures, as we get some breakfast, and have a good nosey at the shops. :)

Are you guys talking about the lounges that you pay for? Are they worth it? I love a good lounge when it's part of the flight (so only ever when I'm flying with my parents, lol!) but wouldn't really consider spending £20 to sit in somewhere away from crowds.

Thanks all, though I was kinda hoping that you would say I could breeze in an hour before the flight and head straight through security !

Will check in online but not bother going to drop our bags off the night before then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter