B2B questions

I'm thinking you would be able to. In the US we asked if we could get off and get back on in Miami to check out the city a bit. The answer was yes but, we had to clear immigration & customs on the way out and bring our boarding info and Passports (ID) with us. Being Spain I think you would have to do the same clear immigration and customs on the way out and get back on just bring all your documents. Something best clarifying once in Spain and again on the first leg of the cruise.

Thanks for the info folks. Sounds like our chances are pretty good for catching a few extra hours in Barcelona between our B2B cruises. We will certainly check with guest services for the latest procedures. Don't want to miss our ride home.

What if you aren't an American resident? Would the claim system be the same?

We are not US residents.

As non-residents you are declaring what will be staying in the US. For us the answer was $0 both times -- everything we bought would transit the US to come back to Canada. Maybe we declared $10 in food we would consume in the US at the end of the B2B...

Here is a sample US CBP customs declaration form: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/sample-declaration-form

SW

You may get the chance to actually use the pool with it all nice and clean and no one else in it. On our B2B this year that was the only time we ever swam in the pool. We were there for maybe an hour before others showed up.
Process was we were told to go to a lounge the night before via letter, waited there for all guests to de-board. We then were taken to the port, checked back in and we were back on before Concierge Guests (as some were there when we were called back on). We were also concierge but some in our group not. That took maybe an hour to hour and a half.

Edited to add: we were back on before pool was actually open and I used that time to get some great photos of the ship with no one in sight. DS loved be the only kid on board for a while. He allowed me to take all the pics I wanted to get with him. After swimming we went to our stateroom, after asking our host first.
When does the pool open?

What we do is declare 0 on our first pass through customs. If they question it, we tell them that we are getting right back on the ship because we haven't finished vacation yet. They've always accepted that and on 2nd trip through customs, declare everything -- we are never near our personal allowance either. (Once we did have the same customs officer and he did remember us from the week before and did make a comment that he was glad to see we did put our purchases on the second customs form.)

Wow. That was presumptuous of him - depending on where I'm going I might not buy anything - I am more of a "the pictures I take ARE my souvenirs" kind of person. If you didn't have to sign that everything you put on the form was truthful, I'd just make up something like a coffee cup to avoid having to hold my tongue if I had an agent make a comment about me buying nothing on a back to back. (specifically thinking of the B2B I'm pondering where the first one is Nassau (I stay on the ship) and Castaway (never bought anything there)and a Sea Day and Castaway so the odds are good that I will NOT buy anything.

Wow. That was presumptuous of him - depending on where I'm going I might not buy anything - I am more of a "the pictures I take ARE my souvenirs" kind of person. If you didn't have to sign that everything you put on the form was truthful, I'd just make up something like a coffee cup to avoid having to hold my tongue if I had an agent make a comment about me buying nothing on a back to back. (specifically thinking of the B2B I'm pondering where the first one is Nassau (I stay on the ship) and Castaway (never bought anything there)and a Sea Day and Castaway so the odds are good that I will NOT buy anything.
When my mom & I took our first trip to Europe (many years ago) the Customs guy asked if we had anything to declare when were coming back into the US. We said "one bottle of wine". We bought one bottle of wine in Paris to be used for New Year's Eve that year. He looked at us like we were from some other planet. And did a slow look around at the other people in line (among them a guy with a full sized table, another with an 8 foot tall lamp, and one lady loaded (and I mean loaded) with at least 7 carry on bags bulging with who knows what. He just smiled at us and waved us on.

Here's another question. If we are joined by another family on the 2nd part of the B2B cruise, (hopefully getting connecting rooms & keeping same room we had on the first part of the trip) when we are asked if we want the same dining team & private table, could we just say we want to be with our friends (in this case it would be my boyfriend & his 2 kids) and tell them the room number they have? Just curious how this would work cause he wants to do the cruise but not sure if he will do the B2B but if not it would be nice too cause then my son & I would have that first cruise as a bonding time for just him & I :D

Yes! :) We did a B2B 4-night/3-night where just DH and I cruised first and then our DS, DD & DSIL joined us for the second cruise. DS was booked in our cabin (which we kept both sailings) and DD & DSIL had a separate cabin. We had already linked our dining reservations for the second cruise and it was no problem at all to keep the same servers.

DH and I debarked on our own, went through customs, checked back in, and then waited in the Concierge Lounge to reboard. Our kids arrived at the port just prior to opening and were almost the first to come up the escalators. Since we hadn't reboarded yet, we were able to join them as they checked in, and then they were allowed to board with us, before concierge. Another family had a somewhat similar situation: the couple was divorced and the mother cruised first with the children and then the father cruised second. The kids were pretty young, and the father was allowed to board with his children as B2B'ers when we did.

We have a B2B coming up in September out of Barcelona. Our flight over gets into Barcelona a day and half early so that we can see the city. We were hoping we could see a little bit more of it during the B2B break. However, it sounds like you only get to leave the ship long enough to zero out the ship then return, via Disney directives. Would we have a chance to revisit Barcelona for a few hours during the B2B break?? Appreciate any help here.

We embarked for an 11-night Mediterranean in Barcelona. After checking in and boarding the ship, everyone who wanted to was allowed to debark on their own to tour the city, just as you would at a port of call. Quite a few passengers took advantage of the extra time in Barcelona. We just all had to be back onboard in time for the Mandatory Assembly Drill. You would just go ahead and exit after going through customs, enjoy the city, and then check back in at the port for your second cruise. Just remember to take all important paperwork and passports with you.

Have a great cruise! :)

Yes! :) We did a B2B 4-night/3-night where just DH and I cruised first and then our DS, DD & DSIL joined us for the second cruise. DS was booked in our cabin (which we kept both sailings) and DD & DSIL had a separate cabin. We had already linked our dining reservations for the second cruise and it was no problem at all to keep the same servers.

DH and I debarked on our own, went through customs, checked back in, and then waited in the Concierge Lounge to reboard. Our kids arrived at the port just prior to opening and were almost the first to come up the escalators. Since we hadn't reboarded yet, we were able to join them as they checked in, and then they were allowed to board with us, before concierge. Another family had a somewhat similar situation: the couple was divorced and the mother cruised first with the children and then the father cruised second. The kids were pretty young, and the father was allowed to board with his children as B2B'ers when we did.

We embarked for an 11-night Mediterranean in Barcelona. After checking in and boarding the ship, everyone who wanted to was allowed to debark on their own to tour the city, just as you would at a port of call. Quite a few passengers took advantage of the extra time in Barcelona. We just all had to be back onboard in time for the Mandatory Assembly Drill. You would just go ahead and exit after going through customs, enjoy the city, and then check back in at the port for your second cruise. Just remember to take all important paperwork and passports with you.

Have a great cruise! :)
Thanks much for the info. We'll have a Tapa or two in your honor!!

Decided to use this rather than starting a new thread...

There is a good possibility I will be booking a B2B on the Wonder over Spring Break today or tomorrow.

Is there any special thing I need to do in booking or do I just book it as two separate cruises? And if two separate (as I anticipate), do I need to do anything like call and have them marked (I don't use a TA - I do it myself) or do I just click whatever when I can check in online?

Thanks!

Thanks for starting this thread! We are on a b2b on The Dream 3 nights then 4 this September and were wondering how the process works. We do have a different stateroom though so I hope we can just move our stuff and not have to take it off the ship and back on.

Thanks for starting this thread! We are on a b2b on The Dream 3 nights then 4 this September and were wondering how the process works. We do have a different stateroom though so I hope we can just move our stuff and not have to take it off the ship and back on.
From what I remember from the instructions from when we did our B2B on the Dream, if you were not keeping the same stateroom you just packed up everything and they move it for you. We were able to book the same room so we didn't have to experience moving our stuff, but I do remember them saying that if we had not kept the same room we wouldn't have had to take anything but our boarding information and passports/IDs off the ship when we disembarked the 1st leg.

From what I remember from the instructions from when we did our B2B on the Dream, if you were not keeping the same stateroom you just packed up everything and they move it for you. We were able to book the same room so we didn't have to experience moving our stuff, but I do remember them saying that if we had not kept the same room we wouldn't have had to take anything but our boarding information and passports/IDs off the ship when we disembarked the 1st leg.

How helpful thank you! That is great news. My poor wife struggling with the bags and me in a wheelchair unable to help. Great we do not have that stress.

I see that your b2b was an anniversary also. Us too! 10 years. We are conceirge so also excited about that. We have cancelled 3 cruises due to me being in hospital so we rolled them all into this. I hope we make it my wife is a saint. Looks after me, works full time also, oh she is a blessing she needs this pampering!

Decided to use this rather than starting a new thread...

There is a good possibility I will be booking a B2B on the Wonder over Spring Break today or tomorrow.

Is there any special thing I need to do in booking or do I just book it as two separate cruises? And if two separate (as I anticipate), do I need to do anything like call and have them marked (I don't use a TA - I do it myself) or do I just click whatever when I can check in online?

Thanks!
Yes, you book them as separate cruises and somehow, when you board, magically *they know* you're on a B2B - and you'll receive instructions in your stateroom the night before disembark #1. When we did the B2B on the Dream, I booked the same stateroom so I wouldn't have to pack twice. I have done the same for our upcoming B2B on the Wonder -also spring break!

Yes, you book them as separate cruises and somehow, when you board, magically *they know* you're on a B2B - and you'll receive instructions in your stateroom the night before disembark #1. When we did the B2B on the Dream, I booked the same stateroom so I wouldn't have to pack twice. I have done the same for our upcoming B2B on the Wonder -also spring break!

Thank you!! Yes, I plan to book the same cabin. I've got a list I made Saturday of 7 possible cabins in my category, so I figure at least one of those should still be available!

when we booked our B2B with Disney, the CM "linked" them together in their computer system so the system knew we were on consecutive cruises (Disney's term for B2b). I don't know what it actually does in their computer system, but that is how she described it to us.

SW

What we do is declare 0 on our first pass through customs. If they question it, we tell them that we are getting right back on the ship because we haven't finished vacation yet. They've always accepted that and on 2nd trip through customs, declare everything -- we are never near our personal allowance either. (Once we did have the same customs officer and he did remember us from the week before and did make a comment that he was glad to see we did put our purchases on the second customs form.)

We simply declared $0 after the first leg since we weren't taking anything off. Then we declared it all upon our final disembarkation.

This is exactly what I did too. They didn't even question it. I think they figured I was B2B since I didn't have any luggage with me.

The CMs apologized for the wait -- there was a film crew on board and that was causing the delay (we saw the crew filming at different places thorughout the 2 leg cruise). Eventually we were led back onto the ship; I think 11-something.

I did B2B 3-night and 4-nights, and we didn't get back on until after 11. I think possibly b/c the ship cleared customs and started the disembarkation process a little later than usual (there was a huge line of people getting off at the absolute last minute). There was also a film crew filming, but I don't know if that caused any of the delay. They were still filming when I got back on board, and I ended up losing a good portion of my extra time on the empty ship b/c I was following the film crew around trying to get a picture of Mario Lopez. :love:

How helpful thank you! That is great news. My poor wife struggling with the bags and me in a wheelchair unable to help. Great we do not have that stress.

I see that your b2b was an anniversary also. Us too! 10 years. We are conceirge so also excited about that. We have cancelled 3 cruises due to me being in hospital so we rolled them all into this. I hope we make it my wife is a saint. Looks after me, works full time also, oh she is a blessing she needs this pampering!

Congrats on your anniversary cruise! Glad to hear that you are going to be able to go and get your wife some pampering :) Are you concierge both legs of your B2B or just one? We were concierge also and it was so nice to have the lounge all to ourselves before everyone else got on the ship! We were even allowed to peek around the Roy O. and Walt Disney suites which was so awesome!! You are going to have a great time and the concierge staff will take such good care of you and your wife :flower:

After you book call or e-mail DCL so they link your reservations as B2B. Or simply call reservation line and let them do all the work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter