• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

B2B Question

PegIra

DIS Veteran
We are doing our first ever back to back in 3 weeks. It will be our 8th and 9th Disney Cruise, but never did this before. To save packing too much, I was wondering if maybe I could throw a load or two of laundry in the machines while we are on the ship before everyone else boards. I have never done laundry on the ships before, but thought it might be a good idea and a easy time to do it.

Any answers about this or the whole procedure of doing a B2B would be greatly appreciated.

Peg

We are doing our first ever back to back in 3 weeks. It will be our 8th and 9th Disney Cruise, but never did this before. To save packing too much, I was wondering if maybe I could throw a load or two of laundry in the machines while we are on the ship before everyone else boards. I have never done laundry on the ships before, but thought it might be a good idea and a easy time to do it.

Any answers about this or the whole procedure of doing a B2B would be greatly appreciated.

Peg

We were back to back on the Fantasy, we had the same room and asked about this and were told it's ok, we were off at 9am, we had to wait to circa 10.15 to get back on, we got our clothes went to the laundry and had all the machines and did all our clothes before everyone got on, we went through the rope cordons without issue, I would leave it when getting off as they may consider it lost or left property.

I too had wondered. Tempted to tape a message on the front saying "we are on BOTH 4/4 and 4/9 cruises. Please do not remove or take to lost and found". Think that would work? I would definitely ask once onboard.

We have done that before - we just leave a sticky note on the front of the washer so they know we will be back.

We were on a B2B on the Fantasy in November. On our last evening of the 1st cruise, we had dinner in Palo, then did our laundry after that while everyone else was finishing packing up & putting their bags out in the hallway.
Had the whole laundry room to myself.

I had planned on doing it the next day, but I'm really glad I did it the night before the 2nd cruise.

Thank you all for taking the time to help me figure out how it worked. Can't wait. Three weeks today we leave on our first cruise. Now back to my packing. We are spending the winter in Kissimmee, so I have to pack for that, plus the cruises. My head is in high speed spin right now.

Thanks again,

Peg

What cruise are you doing? We will be on a b2b leaving Jan. 17. We have never done a b2b before but are really excited. As far as laundry, this mom is on vacation, it will have to wait till I get home...lol...

We will be on the Fantasy. The first week is the Eastern Caribbean January 11th to 18th and the second is the Western January 18th to the 25th. We have never done this before and are really looking forward to it. In fact, I booked a B2B on the Magic in January 2015. I wanted to see it redone. Our first Cruise in 2001 was the Magic and we wanted to see how it has changed. The first week of the Magic cruise will make us platnium.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise !!!!!!!!!!!

Peg

We did Fantasy b2b summer of 2012 and it was amazing! Nothing like 2 weeks on Fantasy to make you feel rested and rejuvenated. I do laundry several times during the cruise - it's not like doing laundry at home. You can use multiple machines so it goes quickly and there's lots you can do while the machines are working. I did laundry when we reboarded - make sure to check where the closest laundry room is located to your stateroom, it may be a different deck.

Thanks Noah's Mom, I love hearing of anyone elses experience with doing the B2B. Never thought we would do it, but so glad we decided to. I had originally planned to do one week on the Magic for December 28, 2014, than I realized for almost the same price, I could do two weeks in January. As much as I wanted to see the Christmas decorations, that extra week sounded better, so I switched it to 2 weeks in January 2015.

Peg

I too had wondered. Tempted to tape a message on the front saying "we are on BOTH 4/4 and 4/9 cruises. Please do not remove or take to lost and found". Think that would work? I would definitely ask once onboard.

We actually made magnets that say "B2B Cruisers doing laundry" :)

The magnets are a great idea !!! I am going to go make them right now as I am in the middle of packing. We leave here on the 29th of December to visit our daughter on our way to Florida.

Thanks again everyone,

Peg

PegIra said:
We will be on the Fantasy. The first week is the Eastern Caribbean January 11th to 18th and the second is the Western January 18th to the 25th. We have never done this before and are really looking forward to it. In fact, I booked a B2B on the Magic in January 2015. I wanted to see it redone. Our first Cruise in 2001 was the Magic and we wanted to see how it has changed. The first week of the Magic cruise will make us platnium.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise !!!!!!!!!!!

Peg

We are on the 11th-18th also!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter