• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

B2B Question re: Tipping

Grumpymom73

DIS Veteran
I was wondering how everyone who has done B2B cruises have handled their tips. In the past we have always pre-paid our tips. On the last night, depending on the service received. we then add cash along with the tickets from Guest Services. On a B2B would you add the cash after the first cruise or just add a really nice amount at the end? On one hand I like the idea of a "large" amount at the end to really say "Thanks", but I worry they will think we didn't notice the great service already received. Yes, I know the suggested amount should qualify us for great service, but I have always felt they deserved at least a little more. Just my opinion.

So anyone have any suggestions?

I was wondering how everyone who has done B2B cruises have handled their tips. In the past we have always pre-paid our tips. On the last night, depending on the service received. we then add cash along with the tickets from Guest Services. On a B2B would you add the cash after the first cruise or just add a really nice amount at the end? On one hand I like the idea of a "large" amount at the end to really say "Thanks", but I worry they will think we didn't notice the great service already received. Yes, I know the suggested amount should qualify us for great service, but I have always felt they deserved at least a little more. Just my opinion.

So anyone have any suggestions?

We did back to back on the Fantasy, like DCL I treated it as two separate cruises so the extra I would pay at the end over and above recommended pre paid tips, I gave at the end of each cruise, we had the same serving team both cruises.

We also tipped concierge at the end of each cruise.

The thing is any of them could change on the second cruise, go home, or switch role or rotation.

It's two different cruises. Also, a server or other cast member on your team cous be off duty ( vacation, contract completed) and not receive the tip you meant them to get for the first cruise? Anyway I would pay them seperate in whatever way you see fit.

Also, a server or other cast member on your team cous be off duty ( vacation, contract completed) and not receive the tip you meant them to get for the first cruise?

Exactly.

This isn't DCL so the specifics would likely differ, but we were talking with a couple on a B2B during our last cruise. They were chatting with our bar server, and the server was saying that on the second cruise the couple was taking, she wouldn't see them at all, as she was being assigned to the staff bar. I don't know that DCL has such a thing, but even if they don't, something could happen where you don't see someone at all. Definitely best to treat each segment like a completely different cruise!

Exactly.

This isn't DCL so the specifics would likely differ, but we were talking with a couple on a B2B during our last cruise. They were chatting with our bar server, and the server was saying that on the second cruise the couple was taking, she wouldn't see them at all, as she was being assigned to the staff bar. I don't know that DCL has such a thing, but even if they don't, something could happen where you don't see someone at all. Definitely best to treat each segment like a completely different cruise!

We did separate tips on our b2b. Also our Head Server saw us a day or two before the end of the first cruise and checked if we wanted the same serving team or new faces. We really liked our servers and so kept with the same ones but there may be situations where you can't keep the same servers so bbest to tip as if your cruise was ending.

Also, doing it this way our serving team knew we weren't the type to stiff them on tips I added a little additional on the first leg and more on the second (longer cruise).

Mel
x

Agree with PPs. On our last B2B, our assistant server was promoted between our first cruise and our second. Our concierge was also leaving for vacation, and we had the services of a different concierge for our second leg. I think it's just easier to settle up at the end of each cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter