• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

[B]Looking for some advice on planing[/B]

cuzinvin

Earning My Ears
We will be taking our fist DVC vaca this Oct, anyone have any tricks as far as booking the airlines for the least amount of $$$$? I know to book as far ahead as possible, but other than SW any suggestion how else to save? Any other travel advice you can pass on is much appreciated.

Well, at least you're close to an airport!! I would imagine that you would want to use TF Green. What I do is to decide on an airfare that I can live with...for flights to Orlando, I usually like to stay below $200 pp for a direct flight from either TF Green or Logan. Once I decide that, I just keep checking to see what the airfares are...every day. When I find one that suits my budget and has good times for me, I book it. I can't obsess over $10 here, or $10 there. I'm paying a ton of money to go to WDW...what's an addtl $50 in airfare for the family.
I have had good luck booking as far out as possible. But, Delta will make many changes before you fly when you book way in the future. At least SW doesn't change their schedule around. I would go with SW and book as soon as you see a good fare. I just booked Delta in mid-Oct for about $170 pp, but it has already changed times once.

Seeing as how you are in Warwick, TF Green would indeed make the most logical choice. If SW does not pan out (price-wise) you could always consider JetBlue out of Logan. With Song merging back into mainline Delta, I would heed the previous advice of being cautious with Delta. I don't suspect that Delta will drop this route from Boston but they have been playing with the times too much for my comfort. Booking far in advance on either JetBlue or SW will get you the best rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter