• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

[b]june 1, 2013 magic med 7 day[/b]

Sure the formal and semi formal nights are sea days and pirates night Thursday!? I could of course be making it all up :rotfl:

Are we nearly there yet?

Welcome to all the new cruisers that have joined us!!!!!! Only 130 more days!!! :woohoo:

Glad to see that our thread is starting to pick up!!! Let the planning begin!

Count me in as one wanting to know when formal and semi formal night is as well.

Last time I went on a med cruise on the magic about 2 years ago, I joined a thread with other people going and e majority said they were going in pirate costumes for pirates night so went of and bought costumes for dh,and two dd and myself, and on pirates night hardly anyone was in fancy dress so this year my Dds can go in costumes and ill just wear 3 quarter trousers and a top with jollyrodger or similar. The formal night thought it was going to be like other cruises with people all dressed up long dresses etc but there was a bit of everything with some dressed casually and some formal

Can't wait to go driving my dh crazy, don't know how I'm going to keep it a surprise from my two dds. Hopefully the next couple of months will pass quickly

I'm going to be bouncing off the walls soon!!!

I have been off work for the past week and have almost another week off before I return to work. I have too much time on my hands to think about this cruise at the moment and time is dragging.

Can't wait to get back to work now. Only thing is, I go back for 8 days and then I am off for 2 weeks again as I didn't use last years holidays. Lesson learnt, make sure I use my holidays or I will be forced to take them.

Just doing some browsing for FE gift ideas. I have already bought some things, but need to start more prep. Just wish I knew how many people, their sex and ages.

Hello and welcome. I too will be celebrate my birthday on board, 1 shy of a milestone. :) I have 2 boys aged 7 & 9, so it is great to see another boy on board.
As you can see, I live in the Uk (Wales) but will not be flying. We were thinking of the train, but I am not sure as we can't book that until March (and I need to book now before I pop). I almost talked DH into booking with British Airways yesterday, but soon found he was humouring me because he didn't say NO! My DH only flies if there is no other choice, now he is looking at coaches!!!:

I looked at the train too but decided that if it turned out to be pricey then the cheaper plane seats might have gone. Also we are family of five making things like booking cabins a total nightmare! But it looked like fun... We have annual passes to dlp (not as disney mad as I sound. It was halfway point on our journey to campsite last summer and the annual passes were cheaper than a two day pass!) so thought might as well use them first. I loathe flying too so can commiserate. But if you want to go to nice places it has become a necessary evil for me. I just self medicate with almost lethal quantities of gin! William is also pleased to know that there are boys his age. He looked at a list somewhere and it was all girls names. I am originally (very originally -haven't lived there for long long time) from Wales too. We are in gloucester now. Are you doing FE? If so I foresee lots of people getting a double load of welsh dragon stuff :)

I looked at the train too but decided that if it turned out to be pricey then the cheaper plane seats might have gone. Also we are family of five making things like booking cabins a total nightmare! But it looked like fun... We have annual passes to dlp (not as disney mad as I sound. It was halfway point on our journey to campsite last summer and the annual passes were cheaper than a two day pass!) so thought might as well use them first. I loathe flying too so can commiserate. But if you want to go to nice places it has become a necessary evil for me. I just self medicate with almost lethal quantities of gin! William is also pleased to know that there are boys his age. He looked at a list somewhere and it was all girls names. I am originally (very originally -haven't lived there for long long time) from Wales too. We are in gloucester now. Are you doing FE? If so I foresee lots of people getting a double load of welsh dragon stuff :)

Lol to the dragon. S'ok, I won't be bringing any dragons, they're way too big.

I thought about stopping off at DLP on the way but DH said we should maybe go for xmas this year because we was planning on going for xmas just gone. We decided to take the cruise instead! Only trouble with xmas for us is I would have to talk super nice to my boss as I work all over xmas and we are not allowed holidays from mid November to mid January.

I was close to talking him around yesterday, when he said he wouldn't want to have a panic attack with the boys around. :(

I have been looking for vegetarian places for my DH today, he is a strict veggie!!! Glad my kids are no longer veggie since they wanted to change their diets. I just informed Disney of their dietary requirement changes.

Lol to the dragon. S'ok, I won't be bringing any dragons, they're way too big.

I thought about stopping off at DLP on the way but DH said we should maybe go for xmas this year because we was planning on going for xmas just gone. We decided to take the cruise instead! Only trouble with xmas for us is I would have to talk super nice to my boss as I work all over xmas and we are not allowed holidays from mid November to mid January.

I was close to talking him around yesterday, when he said he wouldn't want to have a panic attack with the boys around. :(

I have been looking for vegetarian places for my DH today, he is a strict veggie!!! Glad my kids are no longer veggie since they wanted to change their diets. I just informed Disney of their dietary requirement changes.

Celebrating Rabbie Burns Day with a vegetarian haggis as that was all what was left in the supermarket. I'm not vegetarian but amazingly it tastes the same to me.

I have never tried haggis, only remember larva bread when my Nan would eat it. I used to buy it for her and also collected seaweed for her when I was at the beach. "Ych a fi"! As I used to say to my nan whenever she tried to get me to eat it. Lol

I have never tried haggis, only remember larva bread when my Nan would eat it. I used to buy it for her and also collected seaweed for her when I was at the beach. "Ych a fi"! As I used to say to my nan whenever she tried to get me to eat it.

Yes, I remember feeling the same way about haggis when I was young..."yuck" i used to say. Then in my early 20's went to a Burns Night and didn't want to be rude so I ate it and discovered I liked it lol.

One thing is for sure we won't get any larva bread or haggis on the Disney Magic!

Getting more excited as the weeks go in. Bought 20 odd items for thenFE Exchange. I hope there are a good number of non Brits in my group as I think they would appreciate this.

I can see the River Forth from my house and my granddaughter saw a large
Dredger and she shouted "Look Granny Mickey Mouse's boat!

I have never tried haggis, only remember larva bread when my Nan would eat it. I used to buy it for her and also collected seaweed for her when I was at the beach. "Ych a fi"! As I used to say to my nan whenever she tried to get me to eat it.

Yes, I remember feeling the same way about haggis when I was young..."yuck" i used to say. Then in my early 20's went to a Burns Night and didn't want to be rude so I ate it and discovered I liked it lol.

One thing is for sure we won't get any larva bread or haggis on the Disney Magic!

Getting more excited as the weeks go in. Bought 20 odd items for thenFE Exchange. I hope there are a good number of non Brits in my group as I think they would appreciate this.

I can see the River Forth from my house and my granddaughter saw a large
Dredger and she shouted "Look Granny Mickey Mouse's boat!

Glad there won't be Haggis and Larva Bread on board. My ds Harvey says he wants to try escargo and lobster, so I told him I would try some with him. He has only just started eating meat!!!

I have started on FE stuuf. I have bought some things and have started making the others. I will just need to control myself or I will end up with a case just for gifts. lol

Lovely view I am sure, Great things come from rain, snow and sunshine. Sweet about your Granddaughetr. :)
I miss my view from my childhood (Caerphilly Castle) from my bedroom window. All lit up green at night because of the myth about "the green lady".

Went to Utah to visit friends and we missed the trees and green. We were even happy to see the rain they had one night. lol

Hi All!
We're not booked on this cruise but we are cruising a 7-nt Med in August. I have a huge favor to ask. :flower3:
I see that your final payment due date is next week. Once your cruise opens up online excursion booking, can you look something up for me? I'm trying to decide between 2 excursions in Villefranche and would love to know the actual times that these excursions are offered. So once you're done booking all of your own stuff & when you have time, could you list the choices of meeting times of these excursions?:

Highlights of Monaco and Top Car Museum $62 (ages 10 and up) 4 to 4.5 Hours

Nice and Monaco $169 (ages 10 and up) 8 to 8.5 hours

Our tours of Italy will be long days so I'm not sure I want another 8 hr day in Villefranche. Also a huge difference in price for a family of 4. :scratchin :coffee:
I realize the time offerings may be different between June & August cruises but this will help settle my mind. This cruise is taking over my brain and it's so hard to think of anything else.:crazy2: Our final payment is due April 19 which just seems so far away! :hourglass :hyper:

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Hi All!
We're not booked on this cruise but we are cruising a 7-nt Med in August. I have a huge favor to ask. :flower3:
I see that your final payment due date is next week. Once your cruise opens up online excursion booking, can you look something up for me? I'm trying to decide between 2 excursions in Villefranche and would love to know the actual times that these excursions are offered. So once you're done booking all of your own stuff & when you have time, could you list the choices of meeting times of these excursions?:

Our tours of Italy will be long days so I'm not sure I want another 8 hr day in Villefranche. Also a huge difference in price for a family of 4. :scratchin :coffee:
I realize the time offerings may be different between June & August cruises but this will help settle my mind. This cruise is taking over my brain and it's so hard to think of anything else.:crazy2: Our final payment is due April 19 which just seems so far away! :hourglass :hyper:

Hi,

I am sure someone will get back to you with this information, there a lot of helpful people on the forum.

I have been to Nice twice and found their public transport to be excellent so I won't be going on any of the organised tours. You can hop on a lovely air conditioned bus from the bus station in Nice for only a few euros return ticket which will take you along the coast to Monaco and Monte Carlo. The first stop is the Principality of Monaco which you can easily walk around on your own and also visit the Cathedral where Princess Grace is buried. Then time the bus for your next journey to Monte Carlo, it's as easy as that!

Ok I got to ask, I've heard of haggis before but what the heck is larva bread??

If larva means the same as it does over here then there is no way I'm eating that.....lol

Also we just paid in full yesterday!! Really getting close now!!

Ok I got to ask, I've heard of haggis before but what the heck is larva bread??

If larva means the same as it does over here then there is no way I'm eating that.....lol

Also we just paid in full yesterday!! Really getting close now!!

Hi, it is a Welsh dish, they also sell it in supermarkets on the deli counters here in Wales. I remember it mostly from my Nan, but may give it a go again. It looks like spinach a little when cooked.

I just copied this from wiki for you.

Laverbread (Welsh: bara lafwr or bara lawr) is a traditional Welsh delicacy made from laver. To make laverbread, the seaweed is boiled for several hours, then minced or pureed. The gelatinous paste that results can then be sold as it is, or rolled in oatmeal; it is generally coated with oatmeal prior to frying.

Laverbread is traditionally eaten fried with bacon and cockles for breakfast. It can also be used to make a sauce to accompany lamb, crab, monkfish, etc., and to make laver soup (Welsh: cawl lafwr). Richard Burton has been attributed as describing laverbread as "Welshman's caviar".

Laver is often associated with Penclawdd and its cockles, being used traditionally in the Welsh diet and is still eaten widely across Wales in the form of laverbread. In addition to Wales, laverbread is eaten across the Bristol Channel in North Devon, especially around the Exmoor coast around Lynmouth, Combe Martin and Ilfracombe. In North Devon it is generally not cooked with oatmeal and it is simply referred to as 'Laver' (lay-ver).

Laver is highly nutritious because of its high proportions of protein, iron, and especially iodine. It also contains high levels of vitamins B2, A, D and C.

Hi All!

Hi, this will be my first Disney cruise so I will not get access to that info for some time. I am sure one of the other guys who get early access will be able to inform you soon enough. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter