• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

B-day at Garden Grill??

ShannonN

Mouseketeer
We will be going to WDW for our 2nd trip in June 2007!!:yay: Last June was our first family trip and we celebrated DS 7th birthday at CM while there and LOVED it!!:bday: We wanted to take him to another character meal for his 8th b-day but I need some suggestions on where to go. I've been reading reviews on the Garden Grill but I'm not sure if this is a good place to celebrate a birthday.:confused: I would so appreciate any suggestions!:thanks:

Me:tink: DH:goofy: DS:mickeyjum

DD6 celebrated her last birthday at GG. It was really fun. The food, character interaction and atmosphere are all great. Since it was DD's birthday, a cake was brought to our table instead of the regular dessert. The characters all came around more than once and spent a lot of time at each table. You sit in booths which slowly revolve around the Land attraction. It's much quieter and laid back than most character meals. GG is one of our favorites.

It sounds like a great place:goodvibes and from what I've been reading the characters seem to spend a little more time at each table than at CM. Thanks for your help!!:thumbsup2

GG is always a good choice for us. The layout (even though you do parade past the lobby/entrance a couple times as the restaurant rotates) makes it seem less crowded and more private than many of the other places. Character interaction was great and the food was excellent....but we have heard some complaints lately and it sounds like the menu has been tweaked a little. But, based on my experiences, if I had to pick a place to make sure we had a good dinner, I would go with GG.

Thanks everyone for your response. I think I'll do an ADR at GG for my DS B-day! I'm so excited and I think he will be too.:)

My son celebrated his 9th birthday there in July (our first trip). It was wonderful! The characters all made multiple trips to the table. Chip and Dale kept sneaking up on the kids, and Pluto growled and "bit" my daughter (6 at the time). Dale brought out a cake and a signed card. They made a really big deal over him. He still talks about it. We are booked for Thanksgiving 07 for 10 days, and we are trying 8 new places-but we are definitely going back here!

We have reservations there on my dds 11th birthday, January 11th. I have not been before and was really taking a chance based on the opinion of these boards but it seems I probably made a good decision.

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup2

Willoughbyclan, Hope your DD has a great B-day at GG.:bday: Let us know how it goes.:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter