• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ayres Hotel Anaheim?

cooniez

Mouseketeer
I did a search and didn't find much about this hotel that is within driving distance to the parks. Many of the threads are from 2010. Has anyone stayed at the Ayres Hotel recently that can offer some feedback?

I am thinking of switching to Ayres from the DLH, but the downside would be that we would either have to drive to/from the parks OR take the shuttle. We typically stay on property as it is so convenient, but the nightly rate is very pricey! The Ayers rate per night = $109/with AAA discount while the DLH rate per night is $375 (taxes included). Any advice is appreciated. :-)

We (6 of us in 2 rooms) stayed there in March 2011 for our DL trip. Great hotel and great value for $109/night. Nice hot breakfast, clean, comfortable, and good location. Walking from a DL hotel would be better, but it was less than a 5 mintue drive and for the $$$ saved, this was more than OK. Would highly recommend this location. Enjoy!

We stayed there two summers ago. Loved it. The beds are so comfy. The breakfast changed each day. Angel Stadium and Honda Center are right there. If you rather use the shuttle then ART stops at the front door. They have a smallish pool. You can see the fireworks from the parking lot. They have pay washers and dryers. There is a reception in the lobby during the week with beer, wine and appetizers. I'm pretty sure we had a fridge. Easy to get to.
And most important - the beds and pillows are the best, the linens were too.

We've also stayed at Ayre's Orange, it too was great with a more European atmosphere.

It's nice to hear of all your great experiences at this hotel! I am going back and forth between the DLH (which we love!) and the Ayres. We stayed at the DLH this past June and loved it! What I liked was the proximity to the parks/the fact that we could just walk there without stressing about getting a stroller on a shuttle etc., and of course, the room was really nice and clean. I really liked knowing that the room was recently renovated and CLEAN. The only con was the price of course, at nearly 3x what I can pay for an off-property hotel. My kids definitely enjoyed the pools there as well since we came during the Summer.

The Ayres seems to be pretty well maintained and most reviewers on Trip Advisor said that the hotel is clean overall and looks fairly nice for a 3-star hotel. It is hard not to change my reservations with the great price for AAA members (only $118/night vs. $315 night @ DLH before taxes/$375 after!).

I'll be staying here in November for the first time. I'm excited.

One of the things I noticed when looking for reviews is that people often mix up the name of the hotel. My reservation says Ayres, but this thread (and many other reviews) are titled Ayers. So be sure to search for both.

One of the things I noticed when looking for reviews is that people often mix up the name of the hotel. My reservation says Ayres, but this thread (and many other reviews) are titled Ayers. So be sure to search for both.
This!! ^ And there is an Anaheim location and an Orange location, around the corner from each other.

We stayed there in 2010 and loved it!! Beautiful, warm, friendly, nice rooms and beds and the breakfast? It was amazing!! Freshly prepared eggs, bacon, etc. all included!! Back when we were there it had a free shuttle included. I understand this isn't still the case. But even w. ART or driving yourself, it's so worth it. I love this hotel! If I could have afforded it this upcoming trip we'd stay there again. We're walking from Del Sol and Hojo's this time.

For the big $ difference I would use that $ somewhere more fun!! W. bfast included you save even more!

Have fun!

I didn't even realize my typo, but I didn't see a hotel named "Ayers" in Anaheim so I am sure I am referring to the right one. They were named #1 out of 100 something hotels in Anaheim. That is actually why I was surprised as they aren't really talked about here on the forums!

This!! ^ And there is an Anaheim location and an Orange location, around the corner from each other.

We stayed there in 2010 and loved it!! Beautiful, warm, friendly, nice rooms and beds and the breakfast? It was amazing!! Freshly prepared eggs, bacon, etc. all included!! Back when we were there it had a free shuttle included. I understand this isn't still the case. But even w. ART or driving yourself, it's so worth it. I love this hotel! If I could have afforded it this upcoming trip we'd stay there again. We're walking from Del Sol and Hojo's this time.

For the big $ difference I would use that $ somewhere more fun!! W. bfast included you save even more!

Have fun!

Yes, I heard about the Orange location and that isn't the one I was planning to book. also, the girl at Reservations said the shuttle was free, but again since Front Desk handles that (and we couldn't reach them) she could be mistaken! ITA that the price difference is huge ($200/night more at DLH)...and while I/we LOVE the DLH that could be spent elsewhere. Ifigured this is a shorter trip, and it's not Summer so the pools may not be as important to DH and the kids so why not? The worst that can happen is we hate it then we'll know to stay at DLH the next time. lol

We will be staying there next week on our Disneyland trip and have always stayed on property previously so believe me, I've done my homework! Could not find a bad review on this hotel and we decided that saving more than twice the price with a nice clean, comfortable place to stay was worth the short trip to get to the parks.

Will let everyone know what we thought when we get back...and, yes, I admit we're kinda picky as I stay out a lot of nights for my job and I like a nice place when I'm on vacation.

Hope everyone has a great trip and safe travels.

Auntie Peep

We will be staying there next week on our Disneyland trip and have always stayed on property previously so believe me, I've done my homework! Could not find a bad review on this hotel and we decided that saving more than twice the price with a nice clean, comfortable place to stay was worth the short trip to get to the parks.

Will let everyone know what we thought when we get back...and, yes, I admit we're kinda picky as I stay out a lot of nights for my job and I like a nice place when I'm on vacation.

Hope everyone has a great trip and safe travels.

Auntie Peep

That would be great if you can come back and let us know! The more feedback the better! I booked my reservation for Oct. 27th-Nov. 1st and the employee @ Reservations told me I got the last double-queen std. room, but the week prior to that they still had a lot of them available. Crazy!

Can all of you report back how it went? I have a two queen booked for June. :goodvibes

Will have my computer there so will do so also while there if it will be helpful.

We're packing now...:cool1::cool1::cool1:

(just a little excited:goodvibes)

I just got an email from Ayres.
Stay 2 nights get one free. Nov 11-30.

Hope this helps anyone going in Nov and thinking of staying here.

endy said:
I just got an email from Ayres.
Stay 2 nights get one free. Nov 11-30.

Hope this helps anyone going in Nov and thinking of staying here.

Rats! Wish I'd have known about this sooner :(. We're already booked w/ points for Del Sol and Hojos for our Nov. trip. I'd much rather stay there, ESP if it's a comparable price. I'm hoping the walking distance motels work out fine though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter