Awkward Situation...What To Do?

HLAuburn

DIS Veteran
My daughter has a speech therapist who comes to the house once a week. She's only been twice now, but we've noticed both times that her car leaked a fair amount of oil on the driveway. :headache: We have a light colored paver drive, so the drops are pretty noticeable.

Do we just explain the deal and ask her to park on the street? Just letting it go isn't an option...there are already 2 different areas with a bunch of drops and after a while, it's going to look really bad (IMO). So how do you nicely approach the subject without sounding (too) rude?

Thanks!

I just tell people nicely to please park in the street and not in my driveway. As long as you're polite there is no reason why you shouldn't say anything. Also, you don't owe an explanation other than those are your house rules.

Well, one non-confrontational way to handle it would be to leave your car in the driveway so she can't park there.

Well, one non-confrontational way to handle it would be to leave your car in the driveway so she can't park there.

I was thinking this also maybe block it long ways at the entrance in the street.

I think rather than resorting to that I would just nicely tell her she has a leak that she may want to have looked at and could she please park in the street.

I would ask her nicely not to park there. I also have a neighbor who keeps a large bucket at the end of his driveway, when he goes out he moves it to the side and as soon as his truck has cleared it when he comes home, he get out, puts it back in the middle and then parks his truck. Once in a blue moon he will let family park in his driveway, but others have to park on the street.

That is awkward, but I would say something -- she might not even be aware that she has a leak and might be appreciative that you brought it to her attention.

I would tell her about the leak so she knows to get it checked as well as ask her to park in the street.

Absolutely. I have a vehicle that drips. so I never park in anyone's driveway, always on the street. Just common courtesy.

You should say it like this... "I don't mind if you park in the driveway but my husband told me he would beat me again if I didn't tell you that your car leaks oil and that you need to park in the driveway"

My wife used to tell tele marketers that if she bought anything from them that I would beat her again..

You should say it like this... "I don't mind if you park in the driveway but my husband told me he would beat me again if I didn't tell you that your car leaks oil and that you need to park in the driveway"

My wife used to tell tele marketers that if she bought anything from them that I would beat her again..

:rotfl: Then she might get social services to come out for a visit, too! :rotfl:

You're so superficial.:rotfl2:

I couldn't resist! I would just politely mention that your car seems to be leaking. Would you mind parking on the street?

I would block the driveway and tell her when she comes in your home that you noticed her vehicle was dripping oil on your driveway and you would appreciate it if she didn't park there anymore.

My daughter has a speech therapist who comes to the house once a week. She's only been twice now, but we've noticed both times that her car leaked a fair amount of oil on the driveway. :headache: We have a light colored paver drive, so the drops are pretty noticeable.

Do we just explain the deal and ask her to park on the street? Just letting it go isn't an option...there are already 2 different areas with a bunch of drops and after a while, it's going to look really bad (IMO). So how do you nicely approach the subject without sounding (too) rude?

Thanks!

"Please park in the street" Of course then someone will post on the DIS that you are having people park in their spot on the street instead of on your driveway :rotfl:

I wouldn't worry about it. It's a driveway. Stuff happens, cars leak. It's not going to be pristine. If you are that worried about it, you can powerwash the pavers later or something.

This would not even register on my radar as an issue.

"Please park in the street" Of course then someone will post on the DIS that you are having people park in their spot on the street instead of on your driveway :rotfl:

I wouldn't worry about it. It's a driveway. Stuff happens, cars leak. It's not going to be pristine. If you are that worried about it, you can powerwash the pavers later or something.

This would not even register on my radar as an issue.

Powerwashing will not remove oil stain.

Just ask the them not to park in in drive as the vehicle leaks oil.

Denise in MI

:rotfl: Then she might get social services to come out for a visit, too! :rotfl:

Seriously, maybe....

Are speech therapists considered "mandatory reporters"? Might depend on if she works as an independent contractor, for a company, for a healt care system, through the school district, etc?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter