• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Awesome WDW Meet up!

LuvsDragonflies

DIS Veteran
Had a great time meeting up with some online friends at WDW a couple weeks ago. Two of our group were staying at AK and we got together and claimed the pavilion out by the swampy lake area in front of the lodge. While we were waiting for the pizza to be delivered I brought my 4 girls up to the pool and set them free for a couple hours of swimming.

What a great pool they have! Hot tub, slides, palm trees, very tropical feeling. Lots of towels and the lifeguards were really great. When I went back to pick them up so they could eat, they were exhausted and happy.

Couldn't have asked for better weather, it was warm by not miserable hot, and meeting with people you only know from cyberworld is a lot of fun. I can't wait to do it again in 2015.

We did the Epcot Food and Wine thing one night and a couple nights hung out with the kids by the pool. The kids had a great time meeting new friends and we all had a lot of fun getting photos on the big rides with everyone screaming like fools. :p It was so interesting to just be able to talk to people you "know" for years but have never met in person before.

We had a great time at the MNSSHP too. My girls and I wore tiger strip shirts that I painted up with some silver, gold and black sparkly paint and wore tiger ears. It was a great attention getter, we even had Jack Sparrow blow us kisses and send us a heart when he went by in the parade. Wendy and Peter Pan came over and asked us to roar and when we saw Jasmine she called the girls little Rajees. When it was the girls turn for a photo, Aladdin and Abu showed up for the switch and they were the only ones to get a photo with Jasmine, Genie, Aladdin and Abu.

I had the girls run up to Tigger yelling "Daddy!!!" and Pooh played shocked. LOL So many people came up to ask where we got the shirts. Such a simple idea worked out so well. It was also a great shirt to wear to Animal Kingdom.

All in all, a great trip, other than I broke my thumb, sprained my wrist and fractured a finger on the other hand when I tripped and fell the day we arrived. :thumbsup2 I just taped that bleeding thumb up, held it to my chest and off I went to the parks. Went to the medi merge two days later when I had some time. I have what I call a cage to put on my thumb, but its not hard anymore, and not purple anymore either. However, from the look of things, I will lose the nail. I'm wondering if I can put a false nail on it until it grows back.pixiedust:

Are you saying that you used the pool and you weren't staying there? No wait, you are saying that you dropped the kids off at the pool *giggle* while you went and partied with your friends. Got it.

Oh, that seems like so much fun!
Well, other than all the fractures of course.

I would love to go to such a meet-up, but WDW is rather far from home, so I doubt it would ever work out. :(

You said you were at AK, but this sounds more like the DVC resort - Kidani.

I hope you feel good about stealing pool time from real DVC Members.

I find it funny the negative comments are comming from people with 5 or 8 posts BUT know what the hot topics are here :rotfl: weird.

I would of died laughing seeing them run towards Tigger yelling Daddy :rotfl2: that is awesome.

Sounds like you had a marvelous time, other than the broken digit.

Let me know next time you're going and I'll try to make it ;)

Wooot! I am completely down for some Jellyrolls next time!:p

As for letting my kids swim in the soup of humanity at Kidani...yes...yes I did. :rotfl: Thanks for picking up the bill Hades. <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter