AWESOME Pin news for the Disgruntled !!!!

So when you call to see if you have a PIN attached to your name, what do you say? Do you just call and when they answer just say "I want to see if there is a PIN code attached to my name?" or do you have ot have them check out a certain date?

:banana: Whoop Whoop I had a FD pin :banana:

I just called Disney and booked my vacation for November 29-December 7 @ AOA LM room w/ QSFD!

Now we only have 184 days till we leave :rotfl:
You are going the same dates we are!! And we got the free dining pin and staying in a Nemo suite at AOA.

We went last year in June and I have priced out several vacations and saved them--maybe that's how we got the pin, who knows, but we weren't planning on going until next October so yea for going sooner!!

One cast member we spoke to said that the current free dining pins being sent out are for people who haven't been to WDW in a while. If that's true, it certainly doesn't seem right that they are rewarding those of us who go frequently by denying us pin codes, :scared1: but hey, I guess it's their business to do with what they will. Lucky for us, my mom got a free dining pin code, and she is staying with us, so we were all able to benefit from that. pixiedust:

That's why we don't get them, we go frequently. We went for 3 years with a PIN. Last year was 40% off a deluxe! We jumped on that. This year, no PIN.

a friend of mine went for 5 years straight. Same thing, PINs the first few years, then none. After 2 years of not going, lo and behold the PINs started popping up again!

That is not correct either though because I just had one attached to my name and we were just there in August 2011 for 16 nights....

So, it's anyone's guess! :)

Congrats on getting the FD pin! That's great! I called yesterday to see if we had a FD pin, we didn't but we had a 30% off room rate pin so I took it! Still hoping to get free dining as it will save us more than the 30% off pin...If we don't get it I'll still be happy with what we got. I can't wait to go!!!!

me :flower3:
DH-:coffee:
DS-(7.5 yrs)pirate:
DD- (3yrs) princess:

I have called to check for a pin four times now with no luck. For the last three years I have been able to get FD as a Disney Visa member before the GP offer so I guess I will wait for that. Still have no idea why some get a pin and some don't. There seems to be no formula at all.

I recently got a Disney VISA card...do they send cardholders and e-mail before the FD is released to the general public or do they send something in the mail?

Any Disers ever get a Pin ,even if they booked already!.I hope u still can:confused3

We rec'd our PIN approximately two weeks after booking this upcoming vacation. Actually, we rec'd two. One 10% off pin within days after booking, which we did not apply to our ressie. Then the FD pin about two weeks after initial booking date.

Keep your fingers crossed !!!

One cast member we spoke to said that the current free dining pins being sent out are for people who haven't been to WDW in a while. If that's true, it certainly doesn't seem right that they are rewarding those of us who go frequently by denying us pin codes, :scared1: but hey, I guess it's their business to do with what they will. Lucky for us, my mom got a free dining pin code, and she is staying with us, so we were all able to benefit from that. pixiedust:

We were in Disney in December...(and go every year..sometimes more)..didn't get an e-mail but called and had a PIN for free dining!:)

We have not been there since September 2010 and we don't have a PIN either. Looking to go December 2-8 this year. Would love to get thay FD Pin!

Called again today, no FD pin. I had a 20% off room rates pin, so the CM applied that. He said he doesn't know when a FD promotion will be released to the general public ( he said maybe later into summer), but he said promotions are usually released to Disney Visa card holders a week before the general public and you will sometimes get offer codes on your statement.

I am the OP and just yesterday we received the FD pin again but this time in an email. It is for the exact same dates as the pin that was against my name when I called to change our ressie over a week ago.

Don't give up.....*keep thinking happy positive PIN vibes*

-at the end of may i called to make 6 reservations for our grand gathering 11/23-12/1 and we wanted the LM @ AOA
-so, always make everyone's ressies so i'm on my 6th ressie and the CM says, "Oh, wait a minute _ has a FD pin attached to his name", i said okay, i want to book 3 of the rooms with the pin.
-i now have 3 rooms that doesn't have the FD
-i receive a pin code in the mail for Nov.(i go twice a year and i'm always putting in dates and saving on the WDW site so this is how i received this).
-so i call yesterday to see what the pin was for and the CM says it's for FD!!!
-I said okay, i have a grand gathering and i want to book 3 rooms with this pin cause the rest of the 3 have it already.
-awesome right?:banana: well, the CM comes back on the phone and says AOA is not included on this pin!!!!!:sad2:
-"I was able to use it on the other pin, can you please check again"
-No, sorry!!!!:confused3
SOOOOO, we are hoping for the GP FD to come out and hope we can use it for AOA!!!!!

Congrats on getting the FD pin! That's great! I called yesterday to see if we had a FD pin, we didn't but we had a 30% off room rate pin so I took it! Still hoping to get free dining as it will save us more than the 30% off pin...If we don't get it I'll still be happy with what we got. I can't wait to go!!!!

me :flower3:
DH-:coffee:
DS-(7.5 yrs)pirate:
DD- (3yrs) princess:

What is your check in date? We will be there Oct. 12-16 and those dates seem to be excluded from FD, but I'd be happy with a room discount as well.

So if I called to move my current reservations to a time where there is free dining would a PIN possibly show up? We're planning for Dec 17th-21st, but now I'm wondering if we should move it up a week to possibly get free dining? Is that too great a risk?

So if I called to move my current reservations to a time where there is free dining would a PIN possibly show up? We're planning for Dec 17th-21st, but now I'm wondering if we should move it up a week to possibly get free dining? Is that too great a risk?

We moved ours back 2 weeks to get FDing. From Nov 10th-17th to Nov 25th-Dec 2nd and now we have FDIng:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter