Awesome Cruise 8/5/06added pictures 8/31

Hello,
on St. Thomas we went to St. Johns once and did the eco hike and there were lots of kids around the ages of your kids. You do get 30 minutes swim time if you want. Be warned that the only bathrooms are on the water taxi that takes you to St. Johns.

There is a tram (cable car) close to the port that takes you up the side of a mountain with an awesome view. At the top there is a bird show and exhibit and shopping.

St.Maartin.
The butterfly farm is very good, but your kids are a little old for that place I think.
We did the under two flags tour, but I think kids would be bored with that one.
There is a fort, cant think of its name but it is listed on DCLs site for St. Maartin under the "More to see and do category." You take a taxi there, plus it is up on a mountain so you have an awesome view.
I really need to think about your question because of the age of your kids. I know there is some other things, but my mind is a blank right now, I will try to think later and get back to you.
I think that is where the semi submarine ride was which is awesome and coral world is nice too.
mom x4,grandma x4

Thank you for your reply. We're still undecided on what to do, but we don't go until Spring Break, so I guess we'll have lots of time to try to figure it out. No matter what we decide, I'm sure we'll love it! :goodvibes

mom x4,grandma x4,

Was Clifford from Jamaca? We had a stateroom host named Clifford from Jamaca a couple of cruises back and he was wonderful! We all loved him and he was great with DS! Glad you had a great cruise!

mmhouse,
yes Clifford was from Jamica.
I'm sure we both had the same man, he was very nice and very friendly as well as great at cleaning our room each day. We mentioned him on our comment card too, because DCL loves it when you mention someone by name it does go in their file and looks very good when they want to come back and work again after their contract is up.
mom x4,grandma x4

gamecockinnc, we were VERY forward, and had absolutely no motion at all. Our room was 6515, a sideways room. We were on the same cruise. My DH is even telling people that was the smoothest cruise we've been on, it's number 7, and that he almost feels ripped off!! lol! Usually there is always some sort of rattling of hangers or something. But even on Monday, we didn't notice any movement. Sorry you felt seasick.

If I do this right you should see apicture of me and Captain Jack Sparrow on Pirate night.

067daycruise028.jpg

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2
a great report

still trying to decide if I should tell the kids about the cruise and hubby :confused3

like the idea of a surprise , but then as it is the first maybe it would be nice if they could do some of the planning too

It was great to surprise out GKS however if your kids are old enough to help plan they may really like to do that. Also if you post on the cruise meets thread they could make friends before the cruise with other kids who are coming, then they would have a friend or two waiting for them when they get on board. That is a tough decision for you!!!

Good luck, either way they will have an awesome time!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter