• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Away.com artical on WDW

I'm betting she's also one of the ones that makes multiple reservations for every meal "Just in Case!".

Away.com --- "We certainly don't endorse this approach..."

Comments section-- "How can you people endorse people like Sandra?"

People really need to learn to read thoroughly.

Am I reading this correctly? She is suggesting that people get a GAC when there is no disability? I think she would get an earful from the Boards on this! She probably does other questionable stuff, too, which I will not elaborate on. :scared:

People like Sandra should be arrested. Nothing like taking something you don't deserve from someone who really needs the assistance. I wish I could give her my thoughts in person, too nasty to post on the boards!!

I have seen people abuse the GAC cards way too many times... and I don't want to hear the whole "Oh they might have something underlying" deal. If I see a group of kids run through the fastpass line with a GAC card saying "Oh man, this is our 5th time on this!" it just makes me mad. In fact, its like the whole system was made to be abused, because I see alot of handicapped people who are wheelchair-bound or otherwise in the normal stand-by, people who deserve the GAC but either don't know about it or are willing to wait in the standard queue...

WOW!! That chick is so WRONG!!! My son has a sensory processing disorder and I've never gotten him a 'pass'. We usually just limit how much time we are in crowds, make use of fastpasses, or he and I sit out in a nice quiet spot til everyone else rides their rides. I'm surprised she just doesn't rent a motorized wheel chair for herself!

And the person that complained about the people in wheel chairs.... that makes me a bit flustered as well.... If those people where there first, then they should get to board the bus first. I do think a few buses just for wheel chairs would be a good idea, but then it might mean those people have to wait even longer than everyone else for a bus (unless they could come up with a way to have a 'scheduled' pick up if you want to ride an accessible van? Maybe the best route to take would just add an extra bus as needed for each resort? Don't know just throwing ideas out there. (I kinda had an experience yesterday trying to find a parking place for our van that has a wheelchair lift... all the 'van accessible' spots had cars parked in them)

As someone who waits in the normal standby despite acute demophobia and heck even when pushing my wife around in a wheelchair last trip due to an osteoarthritis flare up (she could barely walk), I believe we should make a concentrated effort to find Sandra tie her up and then tie her to the top of the Hollywood Studios Hat with a sign in concrete hanging from her legs saying "don't abuse systems designed to help those less fortunate than yourself".

WOW!! That chick is so WRONG!!! My son has a sensory processing disorder and I've never gotten him a 'pass'. We usually just limit how much time we are in crowds, make use of fastpasses, or he and I sit out in a nice quiet spot til everyone else rides their rides. I'm surprised she just doesn't rent a motorized wheel chair for herself!

And the person that complained about the people in wheel chairs.... that makes me a bit flustered as well.... If those people where there first, then they should get to board the bus first. I do think a few buses just for wheel chairs would be a good idea, but then it might mean those people have to wait even longer than everyone else for a bus (unless they could come up with a way to have a 'scheduled' pick up if you want to ride an accessible van? Maybe the best route to take would just add an extra bus as needed for each resort? Don't know just throwing ideas out there. (I kinda had an experience yesterday trying to find a parking place for our van that has a wheelchair lift... all the 'van accessible' spots had cars parked in them)

I second this. Our DS is 18, been dealing with Sensory processing disorder his whole life among a few other issues, and we would never consider using him to get us advantage to the front of the line. So wrong! I want him to know he can function in society in his own way. This lady just opened up a can of worms IMO.

I second this. Our DS is 18, been dealing with Sensory processing disorder his whole life among a few other issues, and we would never consider using him to get us advantage to the front of the line. So wrong! I want him to know he can function in society in his own way. This lady just opened up a can of worms IMO.

A GAC does NOT get you to the front of the line.

As someone who waits in the normal standby despite acute demophobia and heck even when pushing my wife around in a wheelchair last trip due to an osteoarthritis flare up (she could barely walk), I believe we should make a concentrated effort to find Sandra tie her up and then tie her to the top of the Hollywood Studios Hat with a sign in concrete hanging from her legs saying "don't abuse systems designed to help those less fortunate than yourself".

:thumbsup2:rotfl:

hubby could get a GAC for his vision, but still refuses to. one of the reasons is he is concerned about accusations that he doesn't need it.. .. and so many of us DO, unfortunately, wonder about who needs it.. BECAUSE of jerks like this sandra.

A GAC does NOT get you to the front of the line.

ditto this. Not sure what this jerk lady thinks she will get by having a GAC. I have only had one for one of my Disney trips, and I had one of my longest waits ever on TSMM (even with a fastpass). Planning and RD are the only proven ways to avoid lines.

Someone mentioned people abusing the system. Every system that exists to help one group of people is abused by some others. I could make a list but it would take too long.

One note: A woman pretending her kid has Autism or similar problem, has obviously never had to be around or deal with the difficulties that come with these. Unfortunately, these kind of people never learn and never change.

I put in my own little comment to the article yesterday. And it was allowed!

I'll lend our autistic son to Sandra for an hour and see how she does! That is one crazy lady!:crazy2:
Elizabeth

Someone mentioned people abusing the system. Every system that exists to help one group of people is abused by some others. I could make a list but it would take too long.

Of course every system is abused to certain degrees, and the ways they are abused also vary from harmless to outrageous. That doesn't justify abusing the system however. And by someone doing so, it not only limits the availability of the system (GACs in this case) to those who actually need it, but it also makes those running it jaded and less willing to assist people fearing they could be faking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter