Avon

PrincessSuzanne

<font color=red>Guess I will be eating crow tonigh
Are any of you AVON Independant Sales Reps?

I am just officially getting started and would love some pointers. I am kinda shy in person and don't really know that many poeple, but I want to make this a successful venture. I have never worked in retail, always childcare or medical services, so selling isn't something I have any knowledge of

If anyone has any tips or advice for me I would greatly appreciate it. I have set up my website and e-mailed some friends and family and have 2 orders, but that isn't goingt o cut it.

Thanks a bunch

Suzanne

yes I am.
Started a few months ago. I'm a shy person too, so I dont go around asking for people to buy stuff. I give books to my DH, my mom, my sister and they pass them on. My mother is my best customer. lol
I barely make any money on it. Actually I probably wind up owing since I also purchase things from the catalogs. :)
The website.. If noone buys anything from the site, they will charge you $7 and change. I ususally purchase a small item, like lipstick, etc... under my DH's name and e-mail thru the website so I dont have to pay the charge. Also when you're entereing your orders, you can see that you can see how much each item cost in 3 campaigns. If the item was cheaper in campaign 13, than it was in 14, you click on 13 as your order and you're still charging the customer the same price but you're getting it for much less. :)

I met my former Avon lady at the town football field. She had all of her information on the window of her minivan, so I wrote it down, but then I saw her getting in her van and I went and talked to her. I placed orders with her fairly frequently, but then she gave it up...not sure why. So sometimes...rarely...I order from the Avon website.

I met my former Avon lady at the town football field. She had all of her information on the window of her minivan, so I wrote it down, but then I saw her getting in her van and I went and talked to her. I placed orders with her fairly frequently, but then she gave it up...not sure why. So sometimes...rarely...I order from the Avon website.

see I think that's embarassing driving around with AVOn plastered all over my car! :) The lady that 'trained' me does that. She's crazy, she wants me to drive all over creation. It's kinda horrible when you have to deliver a $3 nailpolish to someone 20 minutes away. You probably waste more than $3 in gas.. lol!!!
They have really nice stuff and it's pretty reasonable, but I'm not a good seller...:rotfl:

see I think that's embarassing driving around with AVOn plastered all over my car! :)
:confused3 I wouldn't say it was plastered all over her car. IIRC, it was on the rear side left window, with some basic information. Hey, she sold to me without actively going out looking for sales, and I was a pretty regular customer...not big bucks, but usually every month or so.

:confused3 I wouldn't say it was plastered all over her car. IIRC, it was on the rear side left window, with some basic information. Hey, she sold to me without actively going out looking for sales, and I was a pretty regular customer...not big bucks, but usually every month or so.

no i was referring to the lady that set me up with Avon. My husband saw her car and said that it was a huge advertisement for avon.

You have sold me on getting the window cling. I do drive around town ALOT, so that would probably get me some more sales. I have my website, but not sure how to get it out there either. It is on my booklets that I am tossing out.

I work at a hospital, full of women, but we really can't go around trying to get sales, so I think the car advertisments will be great.

I would love to do some parties or fundraisers, but I would like to get a few customers before I try that.

My cousin is starting college in a few months, I am hoping that might generate some sales.

If anyone would like, I would be happy to share my wesite info here and it is set up for direct delivery and usually offers free shipping most of the time.

I am not shy about people approaching or calling me, but I have a hard time approaching others.

Suzanne

I would try to sell to women in Nursing Homes! Really.

My Mom is home bound and buys all her makeup, deodrant from the Avon Lady who leaves a brochure on her door handle.

You have sold me on getting the window cling. I do drive around town ALOT, so that would probably get me some more sales.

I work at a hospital, full of women, but we really can't go around trying to get sales, so I think the car advertisments will be great.
:thumbsup2 I didn't even think of an actual "cling". Removable? That would be great for those times :confused3 when you might not want it on there.

Good luck!

I've been an avon rep for a few months and I have to say I'm not that great at it :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter