Avoiding Illness

Biscuitsmom31

<font color=peach>Burn a candle to deal with the s
My coworker just ran to the bathroom to vomit. Apparently her kid had a stomach bug on Friday and now it's hit her. I'm headed to Disney Saturday and I don't want this crap going around my family and ruining our trip. We share a work area. How can I avoid this? :confused3

Spray everything down with Lysol.

Phone
computer
door knobs (particularly the restroom)
bathroom faucets

Airborn or Zicam if you think you might need it. Ester-C is good too.

Can you move your work station for the rest of the day?

Good Luck!

Well, if you've already gotten the bug there's not much you can do, but of course you may not have. Just try to stay away from the person as much as possible and disinfect everything. I would also recommend drinking a lot of water now, just in case you are going to get sick. The more hydrated you stay, the faster you'll get well!

Good luck. Stomach viruses are awful, but they often pass fairly quickly!

MinnieGirl33 said:
Spray everything down with Lysol.

Phone
computer
door knobs (particularly the restroom)
bathroom faucets

Airborn or Zicam if you think you might need it. Ester-C is good too.

Can you move your work station for the rest of the day?

Good Luck!

Thanks. I need all the luck I can get. We don't have any Lysol but I'll try to hit everything with a Clorox wipe. She's still here and I don't want to offend her by wiping everything down right in front of her. She is trying to decide if she should go home or not. (Hello!!)

drink lots of Orange Juice! It helps, I swear! The same thing happened to me before we went away in May...my DBF caught something from someone at work 2 weeks before our trip and 3 days before we were supposed to leave I started feeling sick. I started downing orange juice that day...3 or more glasses a day and was perfectly fine the day we left!

MY DH swears by echinacea and zinc lozengers. Everytime the kids get sick or someone at work he starts taking these 2 things and it seems to work for him. Good luck.

My mom always swears by Vitaminc C and orange juice but I have heard ALOT of ppl swearing by Airborne..Here's to hoping you'll be germ free..lol

Don't you just love people who come to the office, or in your case, stay at the office when they are sick? That behavior is so inconsiderate.
I would have no hesitation Clorox wiping everything in sight, whether she's there or not!

Biscuitsmom31 said:
Thanks. I need all the luck I can get. We don't have any Lysol but I'll try to hit everything with a Clorox wipe. She's still here and I don't want to offend her by wiping everything down right in front of her. She is trying to decide if she should go home or not. (Hello!!)

Don't worry about offending her. I've done this to co-workers before. They laughed at me. When it comes to my vacation all bets are off!

This is a DISNEY VACATION we're talking about! :yay:

You can make light of it if she looks at you funny. Kind of, "No offense BUT..."

Sick people should go home.

use purell as much as possible...get pleanty of rest, not getting enough sleep can weaken the immune system.

Biscuitsmom31 said:

I would not worry about offending her. Geez! She threw up! She needs to go home. I have gone through out my workspace and the copier areas before when we had a bug going around our office and wiped everything down with those wipes. I didn't get sick either. And if I had to leave my desk for some reason I carried a wipey in each hand in case I had to touch something. It probably did not actually help me keep from getting sick but it made me feel better, LOL.

How about staying at home the rest of the week to pack? LOL! Seriously, use as much disinfectant/antibactreial products as you can. I started with a bad summer cold last Thursday. I am on an antibiotic since Friday and I still feel as bad as when I started the drugs! We leave on Saturday and I am very nervous about flying with this massive head cold. I know my ears are going to be killing me and my head will feel like it wants to explode once we are up in the air! I am going to load up on the vitamin C and send out DH for echinacea and zinc lozengers. Fortunately, my office is in my home but I have no idea where I picked up the germs!

I'll be praying for both of you folks leaving on Saturday. Two days before I left for our last Disney trip I was in the Docs office with a sinus infection that hit overnight like a ton of bricks. I was worried about flying but everything worked out fine. I was on antibiotics but I think the prayer worked better. :thumbsup2

Here's hoping that what the family actually had was food poisoning. My niece's pediatrician told us once that many times what we call Stomach flu is really mild to moderate food poisoning and the reason the kids get it first is because their systems are more vulnerable than adults. That's why e. coli is so much more dangerous for kids because their systems are more delicate.

Fitswimmer said:
Here's hoping that what the family actually had was food poisoning. My niece's pediatrician told us once that many times what we call Stomach flu is really mild to moderate food poisoning and the reason the kids get it first is because their systems are more vulnerable than adults. That's why e. coli is so much more dangerous for kids because their systems are more delicate.

One help in protecting against bacterial infections in the stomach is to eat lots of yogurt with L. acidophilus This is good bacteria and it helps out compete any invading species. Also, hopefully it isn't airborne and disinfecting will help.

I also wouldn't touch anyone or anything when you get home! Id get my clothes right into the wash! I've noticed that a co-worker would be sick, then a day later one of my kids would have the same thing even though I didn't get sick. :confused3 Not worth taking a chance this close to vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter