Avoid park on EMH day?

05MM08MM

DIS Veteran
I heard many times to not go to a park on it's EMH days because it's more crowded.

Here was my original plan:

9/16 arrival - DTD
9/17 - AK park, dinner at resort location
9/18 - MK morning (MNSSHP day), hop over to Epcot in the afternoon
9/19 - DHS morning, hop over to MK afternoon
9/20 - breakfast at resort, depart

Thinking about chaning 9/17 & 9/19 around though, but MK has morning EMH on 9/17 so not sure if this is a good idea, mainly going back to catch the few rides I didn't on 9/18 and see Spectro and Wishes. Should I just switch AK & DHS and just not worry about seeing the parade at AK :confused3

TIA

I heard many times to not go to a park on it's EMH days because it's more crowded.

Here was my original plan:

9/16 arrival - DTD
9/17 - AK park, dinner at resort location
9/18 - MK morning (MNSSHP day), hop over to Epcot in the afternoon
9/19 - DHS morning, hop over to MK afternoon
9/20 - breakfast at resort, depart

Thinking about chaning 9/17 & 9/19 around though, but MK has morning EMH on 9/17 so not sure if this is a good idea, mainly going back to catch the few rides I didn't on 9/18 and see Spectro and Wishes. Should I just switch AK & DHS and just not worry about seeing the parade at AK :confused3

TIA

It looks like DHS has morning EMH on 9/19, so if you switch 9/17 and 9/19, you are hitting an EMH day at MK, BUT you are getting rid of an EMH day at DHS. So I'm not sure that it makes much difference.

Why were you thinking of switching the 2 days?

If you switch just AK and DHS, then you have a full day for DH and only a half-day for AK (rather than vice-versa). Whether this is a good idea or not probably depends on which of those two parks has more attractions that you want to see/do.

We don't stay on property, so I HATE going to parks that have EMH in the a.m.. It messes up our ability to get a lot done. If I were you, I'd stay away.
brent

I went ahead and just switched the DHS & AK...now I have my early Tusker House breakfast I was looking for :cool1:

MK will stay the same.

If you stay on the property and actually utilize the extra magic hours, then the park will at least be less crowded during the EMH.

I find the EMH the perfect time to do just the rides that are my favorite rides I just need to do one more time or rides I have never done before. After I'm done I hop on over to another park for a long day of touring there or even better, I go back to the resort pool, rent a little speed boat at the marina or go mini golfing.

EMH are best used right up to the regular opening time and then spend the rest of the day somewhere else.
EARLY EVENING HOURS ARE EVEN BETTER.:rotfl:

Good luck, don't be afraid to take advantage of that extra hour or two. We're all paying for it in that resort rate!;)

JILLYJILL:surfweb:

I find the EMH the perfect time to do just the rides that are my favorite rides I just need to do one more time or rides I have never done before. After I'm done I hop on over to another park for a long day of touring there

JILLYJILL:surfweb:

That is pretty much what my original plan was for 9/19. Was going to head to DHS for the EMH, do RnR, TOT & TSM, catch some lunch then hop over the MK for the parades and fireworks that I missed on 9/18, but when I couldn't get my Tusker House breakfast for 9/17 that all changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter