Avis????

KKatz

Earning My Ears
Does anyone use Avis at MCO? My rates are high for National too. My dates are June 6 - June 16. I used Avis a few years ago when we went on the Disney cruise but nobody seems to be posting about Avis these days. Their rates are lower than the rates at National. Thanks for any advice.

We've often used Avis at MCO. It is great. We are able to go straight to the pickup point because my DH is a frequent renter but the lines inside always seem much shorter than most other companies.

Clean cars, good service and they're located in the airport garage not off site. Go for it.

I used Avis in Oct. They are convenient. There intermediate cars
were Mitsubishi Galant and Chevy Malibu. You just go to the intermediate car isle and pick whatever car you want.

but their rates were always higher for our dates, so we've been using Alamo and National.

When we used then 12/01 we got a great rate ans fabulous service. We haven't used them since then because their rates were not competitive. If you're getting a good rate, go with them. (Especially now if the supposed changes are happening with EA service at Nat'l).

We've gotten Avis quite a few times via Priceline and have always been happy with their service. The line does tend to be shorter, and they're not obnoxious about pushing the insurance. We rent an economy car, and we've gotten a few free upgrades, too.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Originally posted by airplane
I used Avis in Oct. They are convenient. There intermediate cars
were Mitsubishi Galant and Chevy Malibu. You just go to the intermediate car isle and pick whatever car you want.

airplane, are you sure you rented through Avis not National? At National, you do just pick a car from the Emerald Aisle if you've rented an intermediate through Emerald Club. At Avis, we've always gone to the little booth in the garage where you're given the keys to the car they've assigned to you.

For our summer trip, a full size from Avis was cheaper than a full size from Hertz which was cheaper than an intermediate from National Emerald Aisle.

Yes. It was deifintely Avis. I would like to learn more about the Emarald isle. Everyone seems to use it and I do not know anything about it. Are the advantages worth joining?
I was surprised when Avis just let us pick our car. The last time I used them we did not have that option.

i rented from Avis in October and had no problems. they are quick, especially if you sign up for a wizard number with preferred service. This is free of charge.

I rent with whoever is cheapest but that being said I have found Avis competitive with National. Use a discount coupon with either and you will get 10-15% or more off the standard rate. Being over 50 I use AARP and have had good luck. One thing I like about Avis is that they do not charge extra for a spouse to drive. If the rates are equal for National or Avis I go with Avis because National charges extra for spouses unless you are an Emerald Club member. I have never been pressured to buy car insurance at MCO. I was pressured recently in Miami at the Avis counter. Always keep rechecking rates - they often drop and you can cancel one reservation and make another. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter