Avis & Dolphin/Swan Parking Questions

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
I'm starting to feel a little more confident about our Oct. WDW trip, for which we will be renting a car for the very first time. I got a rental at Avis in MCO via Priceline, and I'm wondering how that works. Supposedly the counter is in the airport...do we do the paperwork there and then take a shuttle to pick up the vehicle? Should I go get the rental car while hubby gets the luggage? We will be arriving at midnight, so I'm hoping to make this as efficient as possible.
Second, I am attending a conference at the Swan/Dolphin. The conference organizers said there is no free parking for conf. attendees, but I called the hotel and they said there is. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, how far away is it? Also, if we go to the parks after the conference, can we just leave our car at the hotel and then pick it up when we're done? Any insight will be appreciated!!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We used Avis for the first time (MCO Airport) last month! They are our favorite rental car company in Orlando! Everything went very smoothly.

You go to the Avis counter on level 1. You will complete your paperwork, and then go thru the underground hallway out to the garage. You'll then take an elevator up, and walk to the Avis kiosk, where they will give you your keys.

We reserved a luxury car, and got a fully equipped (w/o sunroof, though) 2002 Cadillac Seville (SLS).

There is free parking for Swan/Dolphin guests. It is actually fairly close to the Dolphin convenetion center which is probably where you meetings are. However, I am not sure how it works if you are not staying at the hotel.

That will be great if the parking is near the convention center...hopefully whoever I spoke with at the hotel was correct. I ended up at the other hotel trying to get the Swan/Dolphib via Priceline.
Avis sounds VERY convenient...I'm glad we ended up with them. Since we arrive so late, I don't think I'll be thinking too clearly about very much other than hitting a nice soft bed.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter