AVIS Car Rental?

Colorado DISers

<font color=blue>We are Disney freaks<br><font col
Has anyone used AVIS from the airport to the port? How is the AVIS transport from the rental office to the port? How often do they run back and forth? Thanks in advance!

My dads done this a few times and said it was every 10 or so minutes. Transport is in a minivan.

We use AVIS. Rental office to the port is a breeze. We haven't been happy the other direction. Shirley is checking into it for us.

we have avis rented for our october cruise. glad to hear things should go smoothly.

Used Avis to rent a van from MCO to PC back in April 2007. Avis had us wait about an hour after checking in w/ them. They said that they still needed to prepare the vehicle for us. We were a bit bummed about waiting since we were tired from flying all day from the West Coast. They gave us a Chevy Uplander with a DVD player which was a nice perk. The only downside was that the automatic right sliding door didn't work after a couple of times of use. It wouldn't close. After manually forcing the door to close, we had the kids climb out the back the rest of the time.

We drove up to the PC rental office the morning of embarkation to return our rental. The office is not far from our hotel or the terminal. We didn't have to wait very long for the shuttle van to take us to the terminal. Our family of four and couple heading for a Carnival ship were the only passengers on the shuttle. The ride was pleasant and the driver was helpful. We'd use Avis again with the hopes that next time, we won't have to wait too long for our rental and that they'd give us a van w/ doors that work, LOL!

Brilliant tip - if you are travelling with others send them in with the bags and take the car back yourself rather than lugging all the luggage on the shuttle. Also means you'll get an earlier entrance ticket for when you can get on to the boat. Just remember the person taking the car needs to take their photo id with them to get them in. The others can then wait in the cruise terminal

OOPS!

Edited to correct misinformation.

I incorrectly posted about my experience with Thrifty (off-site) when the OP asked about Avis (on-site)

Sorry, my bad. That's what I get for posting at insane hours of the morning.

I apologize for any confusion.

lds0191,
You are correct. Avis is onsite.

Ok, now I am confused. According to MCO's website AVIS is located on-site, along with Budget. Hertz is listed as needing a shuttle but AVIS is definately listed as on-site. Is this information incorrect?

We used AVIS several years ago to the port before the cruise and from port to MCO after the cruise. Everything went smoothly and didn't have to wait long for their shuttle to the port or from the port to the AVIS rental place after the cruise. They are very close to the port. I'm using them again in September!

We're reserved our rentals with Avis... I found the local website for the Port Canaveral Avis, http://www.aviscapecanaveral.com/ but it appears they are having server problems right now...

On that website, they have some details about the shuttle, and state that there is no need to call when your ship arrives, the shuttle runs every 15 minutes. There is also the local phone #, and you can be sure I will have that with me, if needed ;)

Ok, now I am confused. According to MCO's website AVIS is located on-site, along with Budget. Hertz is listed as needing a shuttle but AVIS is definately listed as on-site. Is this information incorrect?

If I followed this right, they are referring to the Avis at Port Canaveral and returning your rental prior to the cruise. I believe that the rental counter at the airport is located in the terminal.

Used them last August and had no problems either way. As soon as the shuttle came back from the pier they loaded up again and off we went.

When we got off the ship the shuttle was sitting there waiting. We were back in the office in about 15 minutes.

When we went it was a 14 plush seat jitney with luggage racks like the airport buses have.

We'll be doing it again in September.:)

There is a picture of the shuttle here.Avis shuttle

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter