Avg. Cost of taxi to ABC liguor and back to port

GratefulParrot

Earning My Ears
Hey all.

We (DW, DD, and I) are going on our first cruise next month. We decided to bring our own alcohol/wine on board. I've read through my searches and found the closest one to port is an ABC liguor about 2 miles away. We are flying in the morning of and taking Disney taxi to port. What is the average taxi ride from port to ABC and back to port?

Hey all.

We (DW, DD, and I) are going on our first cruise next month. We decided to bring our own alcohol/wine on board. I've read through my searches and found the closest one to port is an ABC liguor about 2 miles away. We are flying in the morning of and taking Disney taxi to port. What is the average taxi ride from port to ABC and back to port?

Do you mean you are taking the DCL transfers to the port and then want a taxi from the port to ABC? Or are you planning on taking a taxi from the airport to the port area which would be super expensive and then taking a taxi from port to ABC?

Have not seen taxi fares discussed from port to ABC before. So, no knowledge of how much an average price would be. Try calling some cab companies in the area (good idea of have their numbers handy anyway for when you need them) and ask how much they charge.

MJ

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. Yeah, we are taking DCL transfers from airport to ship port. Then we plan on picking up a taxi to ABC and back. Oh and I called ABC to see if someone there would have a rough estimate. He said he thinks it's about $30-40. That can't be right. It's only 2 miles. I haven't taken a taxi in years, but surely it's not that expensive.

Please post whatever you find out, as I'm intending to do the same thing. It just can't cost that much.

Thinking back to one of our cruises years ago where we took a taxi to the car rental office (shuttle never came), I believe it was around $15.00. Budget is not too far from ABC so probably in that ballpark.

MJ

I found this on another thread....

COCOA BEACH TAXI

UPDATE 02/06/2009
http://visitcocoabeachnow.com/index.htm
This is the new website for everything you want to know about cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach

3 Mercury Grand Marquis
1 Lincoln Town Car
Service is within 15 Minutes unless we are extremely
busy (Sundays)
Lowest Rates in Town.
(Our Rates always stay the same no matter what time or
day your services are needed)

Beach Bound Shuttle
20 Passenger Bus w/Wheel Chair Lift
15 Passenger Van
12 Passenger Van

Both Cocoa Beach Taxi and Beach Bound Shuttle charge
$5.00 Per person from the area Hotels to the Cruise
Ships. If the party mention the Disney or Cruise
Critic boards I will take a dollar off to bring it
down to $4.00 Per Person. When round trips are booked
and they are going to the hotel before there cruise,
The party will transported to the ship free of charge.
Customers that book round trips are also offered
discounted rates for the use of our services, while
they are in town prior and after there Cruise to help
save them money while on vacation.

You are also welcome to check out both of our
websites. In addition to our round trips packages. We
have recently added some additional packages that
included the KSC and Theme Parks.

** We also have booster and car seats available upon
request.

www.cocoabeachtaxiservice.com
www.beachboundshuttle.com

MJ

There is a recent posting that says that ABC does not open until 1:00pm on Sundays. I double checked with ABC's website and its true. So if you leave on a Sunday you should be aware of this.

We plan on doing this also, so I am looking for any additional info.....:worship:
has anyone done this recently?
is it easy to get a taxi at PC?
did you have the taxi wait for you? how long?
how much did it cost?

thanks!!

You may want to consider cancelling your DCL transfers and just booking one-way rental car instead. Will give you much more flexibilty and much cheaper than DCl transfers and Taxi fares to ABC

We are a group of 5 families. The other 4 purchased air through DCL and therefore cannot cancel their transfers. My DH & I cannot load up the car with our luggage, kids and cases of beer, bottles of wine and any other alcohol that may be purchased. Still brainstorming though....we have 11 months to plan this out;)

There is also a Publix in Cocoa Beach that sells liquor, wine, and beer. It is further away than ABC Liquors but may provide more convenient hours. If you did have a rental car it is a very easy drive.

Snow What;41097082). My DH & I cannot load up the car with our luggage said:
Why not? :confused3

Don't mean to be smart but not sure why you wouldn't be able to.
It is very easy, really. We have done it many times, and we have three kids.

You collect your luggage ( this is the most work)
You walk out side to the budget rental , pick up a car, ( we just booked a full size for our March cruise for $38.00 all taxes in). Drive to the port, but stop at a store on the way for booze...it's about a 45 min drive.......
You drive either to Budget to drop off the car, and take the shuttle back to the port with your luggage,
OR if you are worried about all the bags, have one adult drop everything at the port, and have that adult take the car back, and take a shuttle. All that adult needs is a drivers licence. The other adult takes the passports and checks in.
Your bags are taken right outside the port, so once you get there, it's only your carry ons or the liquor. You can the booze in bags or in a cooler and carry them through the port.
It is a huge savings for us. It would be $175 for transfers or $40 for a car.
A little more work, but not worth the price difference for us.

Why not? :confused3

Don't mean to be smart but not sure why you wouldn't be able to.
It is very easy, really. We have done it many times, and we have three kids.

:cool2:
We have plenty of time to work things out...I am looking at getting approximately 6 cases of beer, and about 8 bottles of wine and any other 'hard stuff'. (remember 5 families). party:party: Not sure if all of that stuff will fit in the car with us and the luggage. I am the major planner in the group to I am trying to figure out the easiest way to do this....ALL IDEAS ARE WELCOME!!!

How long does it take to drop off at port, drive to rental car and take the shuttle back?

Where are you going? If you are going Western, your first stop is Key West, and I hear you can by beer and wine just off the pier and bring it back on.

You do realize that you will be carrying all that alcohol around until you get go to your stateroom at 1:30. That's a lot to carry around.

Another option is a town car service, they will stop at the Publix for you to pick up your supplies.

I dont know how much time you have between touchdown and departing but there is a liquor store about a mile from OIA on Semoran blvd. Adrs is 6607 S Semoran blvd. The other thing is I dont know how much you can take on the disney bus, so you may want to rent a veh and have 1 person go to the store and then drive to the port with that amount of alcohol drop it off at the port then take the rental back locally and have rental agency drop you off at the port - WHEW. OR you can take the bus to the port and taxi to nearest store.

Wow 5 cases of beer!do you know you will have to carry that through the
port? You can not check it. And if your friends are taking transfers, they will probably not be there at the same time as you to help , so you Would need to carry that all yourself!

I would suggest buying what you need for the first few days, as with each port that you stop at you can purchase booze there and carry it on.

We have done both the Western and Eastern as well as the Bahamas and once in port, we follow the crew members and that usually takes us to a place to purchase alcohol ! St. Thomas it was the local KMart. In Puerto Vallarta is was SAMs club/walmart. It is usually much cheaper as well.

We have cruised on a Sunday before and stopped at a Walgreens in Orlando before heading for the port. We did have a pre-cruise stay at WDW but used a rental car to get to the port. It is always much cheaper than DCL transportation and we like taking our time and making any stops we need along the way. Walgreens had a pretty good selection of wine and beer but no hard liquor.

If the others are taking DCL buses from MCO, and we take off at about the same time, as long as they are at the port around the same time it should work out. I would drop off the family and luggage, and they would check in. I would go to the liquor store, and stock up. Then on the way back to the port, call the other families, and have them meet me curbside with their empty carry-on bags and grab their own beverages. :thumbsup2 Can you leave the terminal once you have checked in? (what do the smokers do???)

Like I said, we have plenty of time to plan. Thanks :worship: I appreciate all your suggestions. Now I can go to the group with a variety of options and we can hopefully agree on a plan!! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter