Average rate for a minivan?

Taratink

DIS Veteran
What is a good weekly rate for a minivan? We have rented cars before but the price seems high at $400 bucks.
Tara

I got $269 for a week from Dollar in Tampa Airport using the oi1054 code I found on mousesavers.com

$250 to $300 seems the norm now for a MV.

We have found that the DTD hotel locations have been much cheaper then MCO.

We have a fullsize from Dollar for 5 days at $170 and the cheapest I could find at MCO was $ 390 for the same 5 days the week before X-Mas

I just reserved ours from dollar at MCO for 443 with all taxes and charges. I am horrified. That is way too high. I am going to find a code. We are traveling the Feb. 4th.
Thanks,
Tara

The average that I have gotten a minivan is usually about $199 in the last 4 years we have gone. I look around for coupons. This year when we went in late Sept/early Oct, I got a minivan at Dollar for $169/week. That's the lowest I have ever seen.
Good luck!

I got a larger ammount reduced with the oi1054 corporate code. The kiss2 was alittle higher than the corporate code for the dates I need. Ya gotta love those codes!
Tara

Hi, looked all over and finally got National via Priceline for total of $232 for Nov 25 to Dec 2...was way better than I could find with other sources...Ted

just watching...my rate for january is too high, 250 plus fees equals 311.00....... for one week.....

hsm, I also have the same rate for January. I am hoping there will be new codes coming out soon for 2007. I have yet to see any. :confused3

Not sure if this will help any of you... Budget sent out an email this morning for $199.00 a week for minivans! The code is BCD U030093 - and don't foget to apply your coupons! Hopefully some of you will be able to take advantage of this! Our dates are not until Feb. 2007 and I was unable to use the code. :sad2: Oh well... I'll just have to keep waiting!

Taratink said:
Is Budget at MCO or offsite?
Tara

According to Mousesavers Budget is at MCO, not offsite! Plus the info Budget gave me upon confirmation seems to confirm that! Good luck!

I have a minivan reserved through Thrifty for 1/18-28. 11 days including taxes/fees for $305. Thrifty is offsite, but it is by far the cheapest I've seen so far so I'm happy with it unless something better comes along!

I just played around with the dates and codes some, although I did not find an expiration in the email - the code for $199.00 only seems to be applied to ressies through December?! Could be wrong but I am guessing it is only for through the end of 2006! Hope at least one of you will be able to take advantage of it!

Last time I rented a minivan for a week was this past August from Dollar at MCO for $209 + taxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter