• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Average price of Disney vacation

here are the totals from our last trip Sept.2003
Air-fare Free
Hotel 5 nights 111.70 Mariott DTD
rental car-mid size 165.21
3 day park hoppers from Alamo 473.97
Food/water,soda,beer 321.00
spending $ 362.96
2 adults, 1 9yr.old
total : 1,434.85:earseek:

Gosh, though I break it down like you all do, I can't get an accurate "value" until I add up for the year. We get PAP's and do 3-4 trips during that year, so I really can't factor in the cost overall until they have been completed.
What I do is figure 10% of our yearly income for vacations and leisure. I put that much in a "fun" account and use it until it is gone! The budget on a trip tends to be tighter during the trip that I have to purchase the 4 PAP's (3 adult and 1 child--but next time it will be 4 adult!:eek: ) Now my fun acount is down to about $1000, however when I get there in Feb. it will be back to over $4000. I will only need airfare for 4($800 max), 2 nights at value or moderate (the other 5 will be DVC)max $200, meals and snacks about $120 per day ($780) and rental car no more than $125. Under $2000-breaks down to less than $125 per person per day all inclusive. That will give me 5 more months to add to the Fun account until the July vacation and that will end up costing less per person per day since we will drive which cost a total of $185 in gas and $140 in lodging. I will also cook a little, and will do a combo of on and off site restaurants.
I think it is easier to set a budget ahead of time and try to stick with it--sometimes things will differ in price, but you pull money form another area to cover the cost.

This years budget is working out as such:

Airfare - free (freq flyer miles) for 2 adults 2 kids
Hotel - 8 nights $1150 WL courtyard view (with pin email)
Tickets - 3 adult FITS & 1 child FITS - $1,199
Food & misc - $1,500 - being very generous - we love to eat
Souv - $0 - been paying kids DD's for allowance for past year!

Say $3,850 sounds about right!

Well here is mine for Nov. 2004. However there are a couple of freebie's in it. This is for 2 adults 1 child (age 13 so considered an adult!) and 1child age 5) You should also know that we were just there in Jan. 2004 for a week too. So we aren't big spenders on our trips.

Airfare from st. louis for 4 = free with freq. flier miles
hotel - $400.00 at POP ( $49.00 a nite after i get that code that I haven't given up on!)

food - $600.00 (averages out to$75.00 a day. But we only have a PS every other day.( crystal palace, chef mickey's, ohana, the rest is counter service or non PS type places (trails end and B&C etc) and breakfast in the room.

Passes- one free adult 5 day hopper with marriott points. then buying one 5 day adult hopper, one 4 day adult hopper, and one 4 day child hopper. ( DD and I are going to parks 5 days but DH and DS only going 4 days. They don't care to see any soap stars:rolleyes: )and have other plans. We we also have enough plus's for 2 water park daysfor all of us. So total for passes is $700.00

rental car is a rental van that we got for $39.99 a day and we are only using it for 1 day then returning it onsite and then renting again for our last day. This way we can go to offsite outlets and grocery stores and still only spend $100.00

Misc. $200.00- this is for pics we buy and special snack treats.
souviners- we don't buy any for unless we find an GREAT deal at the outlets. we have been enough times that we just don't care for much anymore. The kids though will have $50.00 each for spending this is from allowences and grandma.
So our total is about $2,000 but if we go a smidge over that it won't be the end of the world. But that is our goal budget.

Of course, it depends on many factors, but...

looking at these posts and considering my own budget, it looks like it costs AT LEAST $1,000per person for a trip of more than a couple days. But pp have ranged from $1000-$1500per person.

We are a party of 7 and our budget is $7,700 for everything from food, APs, hotel, shopping,etc.

Budget for our Nov/Dec trip for a week:

$325 Gas and 2 hotels (driving from Dallas, TX)
$325 6 nights at Value Hotel (got the $49/night email)
$750 Food (one sit down per day and counter service or hotel room)
$700 5 Day Park Hoppers for 2 adults and one child
$100 MVMCP Tickets
$300 Simba's Clubhouse/Mousekeeping Tips/Souveniers/Misc.

It all comes out to around $2500 +/-. If we go over a little that will be okay but this is the goal. Park Hoppers, MVMCP Tickets, and hotel are already paid for though. Haven't accounted for birthday things for DS though (he will be six). Hmmmmm....

Hi!
8 night trip at Value Resort for Family of 4
(our teens are 'considered' adults - ha! not by us yet!)

Hotel (AsMo) $630
5 day PH passes: $924
Disney Quest (3) $63
5 Univ (5days at 2 day price)$ 386
Tiffany Town Car: $100
Transportation to Univ:$ 50
Illuminations Cruise $50 (shared)
Airfare: $1087 (San Antonio,Tx - MCO) (Gosh, I wish we could get the great airfares like our friends in the eastern/northeastern U.S. can get)
Chef Mickeys(breakfast): $80
O'Hanas(dinner):$110
Prime Time Cafe(lunch): $80
Tony's Town Square (lunch) $60
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Thanksgiving): $111
Other food: $400
Souvenirs: 250

Total $4381

Remember this includes a trip out to Universal/IOA as well. Sitting down for lunch is a great way to rest and recuperate without trekking back to the hotel. We want to decorate our Christmas tree with nothing but Disney this year so our souvenirs will be Christmas ornaments.

I have been paying for everything over the course of a year. Just need to worry about food/souvenir/TTC money now.
It can be done cheaper. We've done WDW on a shoestring before and it was just as fun. The airfare out of Texas is what jacks up the cost. It really hurt me to pay $260 per ticket (remember this is around the Thanksgiving holiday!). I did get AAA rate on the room. Plus, the food cost might be cheaper since I am on a heavily restricted diet b/c of my disease, so I won't be actually eating while at the restaurants and me and DH might share meals.

Love to my Dis Friends, Cheryl

We are doing a budget trip this October.

We have Park Hoppers left over.

Tickets to MNSSHP $85.00

Gas to drive from NYC $275.00

Week at timeshhare $249.00

Food $350.00
I prepaid some meals with vouchers
Groceries in orlando $90.00

Total $1049.00
The grandparents will ive the kids spending money so that is that.

There is no average for us. It really depends on why we're going and what we're doing. In January, for our fifth wedding annivery, we went for 5-night BWV stay in a one-bedroom with a 3-night Wonder cruise. We used our DVC for the room and cruise (I'd say cash value was atleast $2000) but still spent almost $3000 with airfare, rental car, passes, fancy meals, souveniers, spa and ship stuff. So I'd total that at atleast $5000.

We're going again in December, just for a quick 3-night trip to get in the holiday spirit. We got two round trip tickets cheap ($233 total). We "downgraded" one night of a Grand Villa stay in February -- realized my family was coming in a day later than us, so no reason to waste the points -- to get points to stay at Coronado Springs (no DVC availability). So basically, the room is free. We have leftover passes and we'll eat mostly fast food. So I'd put this trip at about $500-$600 for the two of us.

Our 16-day honeymoon cost a small fortune -- we stayed in one of the WL honeymoon suites, unlimited park hopper passes, all the best restaurants and did a four-day cruise. I never did total it up -- I didn't want to know!

Ok...here goes...family of 5/me, dh, dd16, ds14, dd9:

About $3700 total/$750 per person (1st week of August)
-Drove from texas, 11 day car rental $305
-gas each way about $85/total $170
-3 day php's thru Alamo car rental $860
-Space center tickets for all $135
-7 nites offsite 3 bdrm condo rented from private owner $575
-groceries for the drive and to stock the condo fridge (for most breakfasts & drinks) $75
-hotels overnight, once each way (breakfast included!)total $210
-meals including 3 nice sit down dinners, 1 character breakfast, Beaches and Cream, snacks, MGM Fantasmic package/Hollywood and Vine, the rest counter service $1000
-souvies $250
-night at PI/DD for DH and me $75
-misc...candy bars at gas stations, tolls, parking etc...$50

Next trip will be more because we'll stay onsite in one of the Deluxe's, and use UPH's for all. Planning/saving/budgeting much further ahead of time for the next trip, tho!! ;)

We're a family of 5 going this winter. Including airfare, I guess we'll spend about $5500 for 5 nights.

Here is what the cost of our October trip is for my DH, DS4 and myself (poor Cole staying with Grandma):

7 nights POR w/ code = $616.00
Airfare = $400.00 (we used mileage for one ticket)
1 CH 4 day PHP at Hotwire : $165.00
1 AD 4 day PHP at Hotwire : $208.00
My ticket (AP prorated by # of trips this year) $100.00
Transportation to/from airport: $100.00
Food: $800.00 (we budget $100.00 per day and a wild card $100)
Souvenirs: $100.00
Misc fund: $100.00

Total: $2439.00

We plan to do four days parks, a day at a water park, and then just pool or such the other two days. We have been enough times we don't feel the need to be at the parks every single moment. I should add we usually don't even make our $100.00 a day in food on non "sit down" days. But we always budget that and carry it over to the next if we dont use it. The misc fund usually ends up being spent at the arcade or stuff like that, maybe a movie.

Now as a comparison on my 4 night solo trip I am taking next week:

$150.00 (half POR hotel room shared with friend)
$100.00 (park admission prorated by # of trips)
$120.00 (airfare bought half off with mileage)
$50.00 (trans split with friend)
$300.00 (food and drinks)
$25.00 (Souvenirs - usually bring home a little something for boys)
$50.00 (misc. just a spare amount for whatever)

Total: $795.00

This is how I get to go as much as I do....leave daddy and the boys at home! (such a mean mommy!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter