Average Points per DVC family membership?

What do you think is the average points per DVC family membership?

• Total voters

hhisc16

DHHIR owner, DISDAD
After reading different posts about people owning 1k+ points to people owning as little as 25, what do you think is the current average points per DVC family membership?

FYI, we own 75 points at HHI...but we would love to purchase more :teeth:

Last edited:
We had over 300 in two contracts. But with the kids getting older and in college trip were less frequent so we downsized.

I would assume the average is just under 150, or else why would they have bothered to raise the minimum purchase amount? I imagine the majority of DVC owners don't add-on as often as members of this board so they still have close to whatever their original purchase was for

In the various "how many points do you have" that I have seen, most people are under 300. I couldn't tell you how many are 100-200 and how many are 200-300, but I would say a huge percentage (over 80% at least) fall between 100-300.

OKW inception and BWV inception both had minimums over 200. AKV and BLT had minimums of 160 or more.

The era of tiny contracts is recent.

With approximately 200,000 members and 60,000,000 points, the average would be around 300 points per membership. Some people have multiple memberships, and my numbers may be a little outdated.

With approximately 200,000 members and 60,000,000 points, the average would be around 300 points per membership. Some people have multiple memberships, and my numbers may be a little outdated.
There are over 240,000 members now FYI

We have 500 points which gets us about a month at WDW. We are both educators so typically go during winter break and summer break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter