Average FAmily of 5~ More on 1st Day

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by kileybeth, Dec 16, 2001.

1. kileybeth

kileybeth DIS Veteran

Not being able to check in early, we decided to explore. Drove over to Beach and Yacht Club to walk around boardwalk. A 1st for us. Did have to give photo id and got parking pass for 4 hours but were told we could just check back and get that extended if we wanted too. Hubby is still wearing khaki dockers and flannel dress shirt from work the previous day and kids and I are all in long pants! Welcome to Florida! This turns out to be a very hot week for us!! 80's all week and humid. Needless to say the boardwalk was beautiful (but hot) the pools looked inviting for sure, maybe we will stay here someday! The chirstmas decorations while beautiful where not as elaborate as I had expected but I am told I have very high expectations sometimes! What was there was nice. We found the back entrance to Epcot, looked in all the shoppes, and headed out. Very relaxing but kids want to check in and swim. We had planned to "do the boardwalk" one evening after a park day but after previewing it, decided it wasn't going to be a top priority. A little more exploring, remembering the lay-out of onsite roads, finding Blizzard Beach and the mini golf (checked price $10 for adults and $8 for kids would be $46 for us and no shade, no thanks for this afternoon!) and we end up at DD west side. (another 1st , only have been to market place up until now) It is still only 2Pm and check in is a ways off. We are still hot!! See that Monsters, Inc is playing in theater and decide the rest for our hot bodies in a cool theater would be nice! We loved this movie! And now we can check in, swim, shower and get some dinner. Olive Garden is up to par but way over priced from what we pay at home. Time to take a quick tour of World of Disney store and Lego store and then "home" to bed for an early start tomorrow~~MK!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. snuggles

snuggles <font color=blue>A good day with short lines...wha

I'm sure that your poor tired bodies will be glad to get some rest. I've heard that Monsters Inc was a great show. Glad you enjoyed it.

4. swankybeth

swankybeth <font color=teal>Loves bubble tea!<br><font color=

Sounds like a fun way to start a trip! I'll bet you all loved Monsters Inc--I sure did! :D

5. nativetxn

nativetxn <font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono Moderator

I love the boardwalk area. It's a lot of fun at night, when the street performers are out and entertaining.

Katholyn

6. dan-tot

dan-tot Mouseketeer

I was in vegas two weeks before WDW and I saw Monstrers Inc. It was a good movie. I liked Boo she seemed so real.

Dan-tot

7. bigsis1970

bigsis1970 Faith Trust and Pixie Dust (a new home for us?)

we saw monsters inc too.. AMC theaters Very nice .. GREAT MOVIE