KristenRB

Mouseketeer
I know I've read about this on here, and from the sounds of it this is really happening? What exactly will this expansion entail? Where will it go? Any word on this? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

TBH, I'm just not very "thrilled" at the sound of this at all. :/

I don't get this. Carsland or Star Wars Land make so much more sense to me. :confused3

It looks like it will be in AK.

IMO, Animal Kingdom needs something new more than Hollywood Studios and Epcot. When it comes to popular rides, AK has 1, IMO. The Safari is nice, Dinosaur is decent, Tough to be a Bug and Festival of the Lion King are great shows, but really Everest is their key draw. I remember doing extra magic hours at AK one year. We hit up every ride at AK, and when we hit Extra Magic hours that evening, it was basically just repeatedly riding Expedition Everest until we decided we were done, and went back to the resort.

With that said, we'll see if Avatar Land is the expansion that helps the park in that regard. It needs something pretty badly, I think. A new show, and couple solid rides would do wonders, I think.

I know I've read about this on here, and from the sounds of it this is really happening? What exactly will this expansion entail? Where will it go? Any word on this? Thanks!

It's most likely going in the Camp Minnie-Mickey area. Do details have been released since the original announcement which has lead to a lot of rumors that the plans are dead.

IMO, Animal Kingdom needs something new more than Hollywood Studios and Epcot. When it comes to popular rides, AK has 1, IMO. The Safari is nice, Dinosaur is decent, Tough to be a Bug and Festival of the Lion King are great shows, but really Everest is their key draw. I remember doing extra magic hours at AK one year. We hit up every ride at AK, and when we hit Extra Magic hours that evening, it was basically just repeatedly riding Expedition Everest until we decided we were done, and went back to the resort.

With that said, we'll see if Avatar Land is the expansion that helps the park in that regard. It needs something pretty badly, I think. A new show, and couple solid rides would do wonders, I think.

I agree with you except on one point. I think the Safari is a huge draw to AK.

The camp Minnie mickey area has already been closed and relocated to an indoor facility.

disney lover at heart

Camp Minnie mickey NASA,ready been closed and relocated to an indoor facility.

disney lover at heart

I concur, AK does need more of a pull. It's really becoming a 1/4 day park. (From a 1/2 day park)

Especially with poor Disco Yeti :/

The camp Minnie mickey area has already been closed and relocated to an indoor facility.

disney lover at heart

Mickey and Minnie have moved to the old Beastly Bazaar building for meet and greets but other characters still meet at the camp.

disney lover at heart

lol I keep finding this line all over the boards. It has not moved! Mickey and Minnie meet and greets have moved. The area 'Camp Minnie Mickey' is still open and has attractions like Festival of the Lion king and Character Greeting Trails still operating. Greeting trails have other characters meeting there.

lol I keep finding this line all over the boards. It has not moved! Mickey and Minnie meet and greets have moved. The area 'Camp Minnie Mickey' is still open and has attractions like Festival of the Lion king and Character Greeting Trails still operating. Greeting trails have other characters meeting there.

Yup this was the case last week.

Can't wait to hear-- I was there last week and construction walls are up! There is a large crane set up.

This is exciting news to see some progress. Was the crane for the new FOTLK theater or for Pandora? Has anyone heard when FOTLK will move into it's new theater?

disney lover at heart

I'm more interested in this "Camp Minnie Mickey NASA" thing... tie in to KSC?

;)

(Much <3 for auto-correct)

This is exciting news to see some progress. Was the crane for the new FOTLK theater or for Pandora? Has anyone heard when FOTLK will move into it's new theater?

It wasn't operating while I was there but basic construction knowledge, I would think they would be installing the storm water management systems first.
Not that I have any info saying that they are. disclaimer.

They are building the festivals new home and it will be moving shortly after being finished

disney lover at heart

They are building the festivals new home and it will be moving shortly after being finished

disney lover at heart

Correct. I was just stating that 'Camp Minnie Mickey' has not closed and is still open with attractions. That is where AvatarLand is planned to go and should eventually close for construction once FotLK building is completed

I never realized Avatar was a Disney film and I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen it yet. Now this gives me reason to watch it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter