Personally, I dislike the idea of Pandora being in the Animal Kingdom. I just think that the Animal Kingdom serves more of an environmental, "today" purpose than fantasy. I think it would fit better at DHS. That's just my opinion :sad2:

Besides that, I think Avitarland will be stunning wherever they put it. I agree that they should call it Pandora instead of Avitarland. I was kind of hoping that Carsland in California would be called Radiator Springs, but I guess they are starting to get into the habit of just throwing "land" at the end of every name and calling it good. Not a good habit.

I agree that they should call it Pandora instead of Avitarland. I was kind of hoping that Carsland in California would be called Radiator Springs, but I guess they are starting to get into the habit of just throwing "land" at the end of every name and calling it good. Not a good habit.

I think the reason they go with "land" attached to an area is because it creates higher recognition for the general public. If I tell my mom, 72, we should take the grandkids to "Radiator Springs" she will be all "huh?" Even though she has seen the movie but is not a Disney-nut. But if I say Carsland, she will know what I am talking about since my nephew has a million Cars shirts and toys.

Asia - Africa - oasis- discovery Island and Pandora. That sounds better! But alas we have Dino Land so I guess Avatar Land provides nice symmetry. Give me some new attractions and I will spend most of my time in DAK. I like it there.

I know the future Avatar land is not popular amongst Disney fans. I think once its open it will be mind blowing.

I hope you are right.

My personal opinion is that there are better things they could do that would fit better in the park: Australia, Beastly Kingdom or Mysterious Island

I wished for BK or mythical kingdom, however I am glad its based off of mythical movie. Still hope in the future avatar land will have its two attractions then they can very easily add a non avatar mythical attraction any call the area mythical kingdom

With Disney commiting 400-500 million, this should be amazing! Yes the vertic is in FLE is a hit for the little ones, now this Avatar project must be a hit for everyone.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Insiders are saying that Avatar is dead and instead AK is getting Dagobah and Naboo.

CentralFloridian99 said:
You can always have, sigh, Jar Jar Binks :worried: I'm still excited for the SW stuff, but it doesn't really fit into AK (then again Avatar really didn't either).

Yeah... What's that brainstorming session look like?
"Animals are on Earth, Earth is in space, yadda, yadda, yadda..."

what insiders?
i read several disney boards and noone have said it was dead
struggling maybe but not dead

A pretty reliable source over at Orlando United recently posted that it was dead. Take it for what it's worth.

A pretty reliable source over at Orlando United recently posted that it was dead. Take it for what it's worth.

i did read that although they re sources are typically more uni stuff and the magic guys still say its a go..we will see

thanks

If I recalled the head of parks and resorts was interviewed by one of Orlando major news stations during the FLE spoke about many new things comming to this property naming avatar land at DAK. I think it was WESH

Avatar is already obsolete and out of date. Biggest movie of all time, but only because the price of a 3D movie is so high - that record won't stand forever. Might not even stand for a couple of years.

Avatar might be an interesting one-stop-spot if they go through with it, but it will not draw in the crowds. And it will not cause families to make a trip to WDW just to see it (especially not repeat customers the way WWoHP has).

If Disney wants to compete with WWoHP, they need something that is proven to stand the test of time. Because of the Star Wars purchase and the success of SWW, that's the gold mine. 30+ years and the fanbase is bigger than ever and always growing. Hollywood Studios desperately needs an update - perfect fit.

Avatar is already obsolete and out of date. Biggest movie of all time, but only because the price of a 3D movie is so high - that record won't stand forever. Might not even stand for a couple of years.

Avatar might be an interesting one-stop-spot if they go through with it, but it will not draw in the crowds. And it will not cause families to make a trip to WDW just to see it (especially not repeat customers the way WWoHP has).

If Disney wants to compete with WWoHP, they need something that is proven to stand the test of time. Because of the Star Wars purchase and the success of SWW, that's the gold mine. 30+ years and the fanbase is bigger than ever and always growing. Hollywood Studios desperately needs an update - perfect fit.
hey ashlee how did the avengers do at the box office? great of course (good movie) but it barley made half of what avatar made.... if star wars id the end all be all great IP how come when it reopened the lines were tiny barely a wait in summer..if avatars land will be good based on the the main E ticket you dont need the greatest story line

if story line mattered I vote for The Godfather to have a attraction

this is not a slam on Star wars because i hope to see a greater presence in the parks

i just get tired of people trying to discuss what may be in the land and somebody has to point out the same tired arguments why they dont want to see it

i say if you dont want to see it dont go to DAK or dont go to the land

It's definitely not my favorite movie but I think this could have been neat, however doesn't look like it's happening now.

I liked Avatar. Loved Star Wars. Still would prefer Beastly Kingdom. But please, not another Soarin. Long waits, no story, and definitely NOT a thrill ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter