• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Autopia height requirements

talie95

Mouseketeer
So, on the DL website is says 52" to drive alone. So if they are shorter can they still drive if mom/dad is with them or does mom/dad have to drive?

12 mos and up can ride with an adult- if their feet don't reach the gas pedal, have them steer while you push the gas. My 3 y.o. and 1 y.o. LOVE "driving" LOL

KelsiesMommy said:
12 mos and up can ride with an adult- if their feet don't reach the gas pedal, have them steer while you push the gas. My 3 y.o. and 1 y.o. LOVE "driving" LOL
OK good!!! My dd's are 18 mo and 4 yo and I know the 4yo would love to be able to drive herself(she's 40") so I'm glad they're able too!

My 4yo ds is an avid 'driver' - so I just put my hands behind my head and control the gas pedal while he 'steers' . . . it can get a little jarring, but his sheer joy is totally worth it. It's imagineered so that you can make it through the entire ride without even touching the steering wheel, so no matter what your kidlet does, it'll be fine. Have another adult take pictures - you with your hands completely away from the steering wheel will leave no doubt as to who is driving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter