Autographs...

Chris0517

Earning My Ears
Did you purchase the autograph books at Disney or before you left?

Looking for inexpensive one, but my kids being the kids of a scrapbooker may want to turn them into one... any suggestions.

I purchased one in disney last year, it was my ds first time, I think I spent 8.00 on it. If I had known You can find one in any souveneir shop around disney for half the price and there is no difference.

This is a tough one ... everyone has their favorite autograph album.

Our first trip to Disney (08/02) I bought the kids autograph books in the park ($6). They are about 4x6 and easy to carry around, but the paper's too thin to attach a photo too later on and the paper probably isn't acid/lignin free.

Second trip (08/03) I took 5x7 albums from Creative Memories ... they were bulky to carry esp. since we collected 50+ signatures (we had characters sign both front and back of each page). When I got home I added blank pages between the signature pages for photos ... very cute.

Third trip (01/04) I purchased photo/autograph books from www.laughingplacestore.com ... these are approximately 7x7, have space for autograph and a 4x6 photo sleeve on each page and have room for 28 signatures. These were easy to carry around, but grandson had "smearing issues" ... so we switched from CM's round tip pen to a ballpoint pen. But before we switched Donald Duck signed on the photo sleeve ... BIG smear ... YUCK!!!

I'm thinking that next time I may take a Cranson 6x6 spiral scrapbook album ($8 or so at Michael's). That way I can remove the pages and put them in a regular CM album with photos.

I've heard people say they've used the Disney autograph books then scanned and printed the autographs, or just removed them from the books.

Good luck!

we purchased ours for 6.50 (i think) in the hotel. It seemed most everyone in the park had those. I did see one little girl with a scrapbook sized album but I wouldn't want to be the one carrying it around all day. We didn't really shop too much off site, but I did see one store that had them for about $4.00 - I think they had winnie the pooh on the front. I also make scrapbooks and we actually traced a couple the favorite autographs and made a few photocopies. Scrapbook tip - if you go on the rides that take a picture of you on it, take the slip they give you to order pictures (even if you don't want pictures). They have great pictures of the ride on them. Wish I noticed that earlier. On the inside cover of the autograph book, i wrote the days we visited and listed each character in order (since some are hard to read)

My daughter was all about the autograph book. To make it even more fun, we bought a Poloroid IZone camera. We bought the sticker film. We took her picture with everyone she got autograohs with. Then, we added the small picture to the book page. Now, it is an autograph book and a photo album. It was so much fun. My husband had the regular camera and I was in charge of the sticker camera. Very easy and well worth the effort.

I heard once that characters will only autograph official Disney autograph books,...is there any truth to this? We are going to WDW in October and I don't want my kids to get snubbed by the characters.
Thanks.

Originally posted by Wily Wily
I heard once that characters will only autograph official Disney autograph books,...is there any truth to this? We are going to WDW in October and I don't want my kids to get snubbed by the characters.
Thanks.

No way!!! They'll autograph any type of autograph book/album. And sometimes the "different" ones get made over by the characters.

I'm thinking of getting a shirt autographed. Has anyone done this? I have no idea what type of pens to use for this. Can someone help?

Originally posted by disneyjunkie
I'm thinking of getting a shirt autographed. Has anyone done this? I have no idea what type of pens to use for this. Can someone help?

i heard they will do this as long as you are not wearing the shirt at the time and have something to hard to write on. I would probably stick a piece of cardboard in between the shirt so the characters can write on either side without the marker going through. And just make sure it's a permanent marker that won't wash off.

just an idea...

I went to our local scrapbook store and bought a pack of 5x7 paper. I got the rainbow pack. This is card stock..

I will take the paper to staples and have them spiral bound it...this will keep it together...then when I get home, I will take each page, trim it and put it in a 8x8 album with the pictures etc.. for each DD...

Brandy

I made my kids scrapbooks similar to mudnuri's. I bought small colorful 5x7 spiral line free notebooks and then the kids and I scrapped each of the characters pictures on the pages. We used stickers, left over scrapbook paper, and clip art to decorate and the kids had a ball making these. They also got a lot of attention from the characters. My favorite was when we met the green army men and they imitated the poses that the kids had in their scrapbooks. Now that made a cute scrapbook page. We plan on adding the harder to find characters this year since the kids now waht to see if they can fill up their books. It makes it easy to keep track of and we don't end up with 5 Mickey signitures, although we still stop to see the main mouse anyway.

We also added the flag from each of the world showcase countries and the kids would get them stamped or ask the CM to write a greeting on them like they do for the passports.

Characters will sign ANY book! As long as it has a blank page and something hard to write on. As far as the clothing goes, I have seen characters autograph shirts and baseball caps (you can't be wearing them though). A permanent "Sharpie" marker works best!
If you want to make a scrapbook, how about getting a 5x7 looseleaf binder, fill it with blank paper and when getting the autograph, get a picture too. When you get home, easily remove the autographed pages and match them up with the picture and place in your scrapbook.:earsgirl:

We bought our autograph books from a Waldens bookstore. They were just unlined Journals with a cloth like cover. We added some Disney iron ons and we were ready to go. When we got home we added matching stickers to any of the autographs that we could. This way DD 5 can 'read' her book to others. I thought about putting pictures in but I really thought it was making the book too bulky. Our books cost all of $2 each and then a lil more for the iron ons. CM actually made a big fuss over our special books! When Donald saw he was on the cover of it he got all excited! :wave2:

Soon as you get your Autograph Book, put your Name and Address inside, if you are hesitant in putting your child's name, then at least put a mailing address.
What a heartbreak for your little one(s) to spend a lot of time getting autographs only to accidentally loose the book.
But, if an address is inside, Disney usually mails all recovered books to the rightful owner.
Please, FIRST autograph in the book should be yours!

We were not sure if our 2 1/2 yd old DD would "get " the autograph thing so I didn't want to get a regular autograph book. Turns out, she sure got it!

I read this idea somewhere on this board. (Thank you to all the helpful people for all the great ideas!)

I cut 4x6 size sheets of pastel colored heavy paper and clipped it with a binder clip. (kept in a ziploc of course) I had the characters each sign a sheet and I took a photo of her with them. I plan to put them in an album with the autograph and the photo on a page. That way she'll know who's signature it is and recognize herself with the character.

I can also add to it on our next trip and see how she has grown.

I'm not really sure where or when we're going to get our DS his autograph book, I was planning on getting it before we leave, along with a few other Disney items to put in his carry-on plane bag to surprise him. If anyone knows of an online store to buy them at please let me know. Thanks in advance!

We did the shirts in Jan. We had done autograph books on a previous trip and wanted something different. I picked up some Hanes tees for under $5. I chose bright yellow for both kids to match- I figured white was boring, pastel not exciting, and dark won't show autographs.

We took along a fat Sharpie and a clipboard to stretch the shirts on for the characters to sign. You must have something hard or they can't sign because the shirt lumps up. I carried it all in a canvas tote on my shoulder, it was very light and everything was easily removed.

Looking back, it was a bit of a pain but well worth it. I wouldn't do it a second time but we had great interaction with the characters, the cms were fabulous, and it is one heck of a keepsake. In fact, the kids refuse to wear them outside the house because something might happen to the shirts. They sleep in them and I've taken lots of photos of them wearing the shirts (both front and back views).

Originally posted by thatchicktrish
I'm not really sure where or when we're going to get our DS his autograph book, I was planning on getting it before we leave, along with a few other Disney items to put in his carry-on plane bag to surprise him. If anyone knows of an online store to buy them at please let me know. Thanks in advance!

www.giftsofalifetime.com

There is a "mark-up" and you have to pay shipping, but I've been very pleased with the service I've gotten.

My husbands grandmother is a quilter. I am taking 6X6 squares of fabric and a small (fabric ring?) to stretch it in. I am going to have the characters sign the material and she is going to make a small quilt for my daughter. I plan to hang it on her wall as a keepsake. I have several shades of pink and yellow for the princesses and I pick up cheap pastel fabric whenever I see it. I am looking for purple and blue, maybe even some green. I will post a picture of it when we return and it is completed.~KPmom:crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter