Autographs?

DiSZYme

Earning My Ears
Hi All, my family and I am are taking our FIRST EVER trip to a disney park in March. We'll be heading to WDW and I'm trying to get things ready/make lists and I was wondering about bringing my own autograph book for characters. Does anyone know if they'll sign any book or if it has to be in a certain format.
See, I do a bit of book binding and was thinking I'd just make my own, but wouldn't want to do so if I/my daughters wasn't able to use them.
Also, how many pages do you think a book should have? How many characters does one average on a trip? 5? 10?
Thanks so much

Hi and Welcome! You are going to love Disney.

To answer your questions, any book is fine for autographs. Just make sure that they are easy enough to write on as most characters have "paws". As far as how many autographs you will get - that is entirely up to you. If you are doing character dining, there will always be at least 5 per seating. There is also a schedule at every park where they have meet and greets with the characters.

Depending on the number of parks you visit, your length of stay and how much time you devote to finding characters, your options are endless!

ENJOY!

We ended up with about 80 different autographs on a 10 day trip last year, but our kids liked that as much as the rides, so we made character meets a priority. I'd allow for way more than 5-10 signatures. Better to have blank pages than nothing for the character you want to meet to sign.

Picture529.jpg

Picture127.jpg

Picture138.jpg

Picture152.jpg

heres a tip....make your own autograph book & bring a REALLY fun/funky pen....the CMs & the characters go CRAZY for it!!
my gf made the book for DH...she got stickers & colored markers & a blank mini ring book from the craft shop...it was AWESOM!!!

The scrapbook forum in the creative community has awesome ideas. They helped me a ton. I ended up altering (in the process still) plastic clipboards (6x9 from walmart) and attaching a tag book for each kids.

I am so glad I asked because I was just going to get them when we got there and the kids love these. We found REALLY FAT pens @ Staples for $1.

Any book will work. On our first trip, the kids each collected 30+ autographs easily. Unfortunately, on our last trip, they were "too old" to do so anymore. :sad2:

My kids love getting autographs and they get tons of them every trip! My 5 year old will come home with 10 autographs from the same character. He doesn't care. He loves it. We made books for our last trip.

March2007034.jpg

March2007032.jpg

March2007035.jpg

I bought a book from a craft store (a sketch book that didn't have lines on the pages) and had the kids pick out their own stickers to decorate them with. If you make your own and have stickers/embelishments that could easily come off from shoving it in and out of your bag, I suggest taking a gallon size ziploc baggie to keep it in. Also keep the pen in the bag too so you don't have to search for it.

Sharpie markers work best because they are easy to hold and don't fail on you like pens can. The fun colors add more as well. An idea when creating your own book allow blank pages on back so you can create photo/autograph book in one and put the photo with the signature.

We are going next month also. I didn't want to bring an actual book so I just cut some white scrapbooking cardstock into 4x6-ish size rectangles. I am going to decorate an old Sizzix case-the ones the large red ones come in -with Disney paper. The rectangle pieces and a pen will fit in the case. This way they have a hard surface to write on and the autographs are in a waterproof case. When we get back to the resort I will take out the ones already signed and put blank paper in. I'm making a case for each of my children and my niece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter