Autographs on Notecards

budafam

DIS Veteran
We are going to bring notecards along to get autographs on (easier to put in scrapbooks, etc.)... would you bring something along for the characters to write on?

I had a small photo album with sleeves to stick the cards into. I picked up two from the dollar store, one for each child. The cover was also see through so I personalized a card to slide in to the cover. I put the cards in the photo sleeves ahead of time. When we got an autograph, I'd pull the card out and put it on top of the album. It made it easier for the character to hold it and write on it. The card then went back into the sleeve.

The plastic also kept the cards dry when it rained.

I had a small photo album with sleeves to stick the cards into. I picked up two from the dollar store, one for each child. The cover was also see through so I personalized a card to slide in to the cover. I put the cards in the photo sleeves ahead of time. When we got an autograph, I'd pull the card out and put it on top of the album. It made it easier for the character to hold it and write on it. The card then went back into the sleeve.

The plastic also kept the cards dry when it rained.

Genius! Thank you! I know I have some of those around here somewhere.

We are going to bring notecards along to get autographs on (easier to put in scrapbooks, etc.)... would you bring something along for the characters to write on?

We've bought the autograph books with slots for photographs on our past two trips. The kids have needed two books and those end up costing a bit of money. This year we're going to MNSSHP so the opportunities to meet with characters are even greater. Additionally, we have 4 character meals planned.

I decided to do something similar to you. I bought index cards in different colors. I also bought small clipboards. They're 6" x 9." It will make it easier for the characters to sign. I'm also bringing a few sharpie markers with us. I'm thinking of scanning the index cards into my computer and making a book for each of the kids with the autograph and pictures of the characters. I receive free photo books from Shutterly often so I'm thinking these books will look even better than the usual autograph books.

I'm glad I saw this, I just bought 2 little blank notebooks for my boys but now that I think about it I don't think the characters will be able to hold them well. We are leaving very soon so i don't really have time to run out right now and get them anything else. How much do the autograph books there at the parks tend to run?

I'm glad I saw this, I just bought 2 little blank notebooks for my boys but now that I think about it I don't think the characters will be able to hold them well. We are leaving very soon so i don't really have time to run out right now and get them anything else. How much do the autograph books there at the parks tend to run?

The ones for just autographs aren't bad; they're somewhere between $8-$10. The ones that include a slot for photographs run around $15. I think those fit up to 15 pictures or so.

We used 4x6 notecards with character names and pictures on them (found on dis signs) and put them on a 5x7 plastic clipboard and stored the whole thing in a freezer weight ziplock bag. It was perfect, pens and all in the bag and I could search for the next card while others in the party were getting the current character signature.

$7.95 - 16.95. You can see pictures of them if you search for "autograph books" on disneystore.com They are the same price at WDW as they are on the website.

We used 4x6 notecards with character names and pictures on them (found on dis signs) and put them on a 5x7 plastic clipboard and stored the whole thing in a freezer weight ziplock bag. It was perfect, pens and all in the bag and I could search for the next card while others in the party were getting the current character signature.

That's a good idea, using a freezer bag to hold everything. :thumbsup2

My only problem with this idea is that I'll never know which characters I'll see in the parks. I might waste a lot of time and resources making cards for characters we won't see, or we'll see characters that we don't have cards for. Its a huge gamble.

In the parks we have come across Queen of Hearts, Mr. Smee, Suzy & Perla, Baloo, Big Al, Peter Pan, and many others. But we just saw them roaming around and you never know if you'll see them again or not. We see new random characters every trip. :confused3

Luckily, I had access to a free color printer and bought a ream of card stock for 4$ so I just printed up all the possibilities. Then I prepared some blank cards for unexpected characters. I am taking the unused ones on this trip - 3 years later but will include the signatures in with the old albums that are at my house for my grandson who was on the first trip and we will continue when we all return for Christmas in 2013.

budafam said:

I cut a stack of 4x6 white cardstock and punched a hole in the corner. Then I put them in a key ring. I had DS draw pictures of his favorite characters for the front and back. (Buzz was very impressed.) I carried a black sharpie for the autographs. It worked great. Was small enough to put in my pocket and at the end of each day we would take the signed ones off the stack.

When I got home I trimmed them down and paired each with a photo in a 6x6 album. I really like the 4x6 size. It's big enough for the characters to sign without difficulty but easy to carry around. Plus it gives characters flexibility. Once Buzz took an extra card and drew my son a picture. :)

CareHeartsDisney said:
We've bought the autograph books with slots for photographs on our past two trips. The kids have needed two books and those end up costing a bit of money. This year we're going to MNSSHP so the opportunities to meet with characters are even greater. Additionally, we have 4 character meals planned.

I decided to do something similar to you. I bought index cards in different colors. I also bought small clipboards. They're 6" x 9." It will make it easier for the characters to sign. I'm also bringing a few sharpie markers with us. I'm thinking of scanning the index cards into my computer and making a book for each of the kids with the autograph and pictures of the characters. I receive free photo books from Shutterly often so I'm thinking these books will look even better than the usual autograph books.

Did you find the tiny clipboards at somewhere like office max? I couldn't find them at Target.

Did you find the tiny clipboards at somewhere like office max? I couldn't find them at Target.

I couldn't find them at Target nor at Walmart. I ended up seeing them on both Staples's and Office Depot's online websites. I ended up ordering them from OfficeDepot.com. You might want to call the store and find out if they have them in stock since they're probably not an item that sells often. I had some other supplies I had to order for work so I figured I'd order them at the same time plus they offer free shipping if you spend $50 or more and they deliver the next day.

I couldn't find them at Target nor at Walmart. I ended up seeing them on both Staples's and Office Depot's online websites. I ended up ordering them from OfficeDepot.com. You might want to call the store and find out if they have them in stock since they're probably not an item that sells often. I had some other supplies I had to order for work so I figured I'd order them at the same time plus they offer free shipping if you spend $50 or more and they deliver the next day.

Actually on OfficeMax.com, you could check their stock by entering your zip code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter