Autograph Mat Size?

We had a 16x 20 mat for 8x 10 opening. Mickey signed "Your Pal Mickey Mouse" at the top and all the Characters signed around the mat. Bent one of the corners in the suitcase, but you can't tell in the frame.

We had a 16x20 mat with opening for 11x14 photo. They signed it for us with no problem. It was a black mat done in silver sharpie. It looks awesome.

Love the ship on the bottom part of the mat. Did you apply it there before giving it to them for autographs? If so, where can I find it?

Love the ship on the bottom part of the mat. Did you apply it there before giving it to them for autographs? If so, where can I find it?

Sorry Ljbadfan, I'm not meaning to speak for you and please let us know if you applied the sticker prior to giving the mat to GS.
DopeyzGoofy, I picked up that sticker a few weeks ago in Michael's, (I too like it :) ) it was in the scrapbook section. I was wondering about applying it first though. I would hate to have something happen to it.

yep i got it micheals craft store. my wife measured out the mat width along the bottom and we tried to center the decal in the middle of the bottom of the mat. we put it on the mat before we left on the cruise so they knew which way to sign the mat. we like the black with the silver sharpie. the photo in the mat is 11x14 size. they didnt care bout the size. we only sent one mat for them to sign. we sent 2 silver sharpies with the mat just incase. along with the mat we sent a 2.5 lb bag of childs play candy mix. the lady at guest services said, mickey and his friends will love the childs play mix. seems like thats the easiest since they can put a couple in their pocket and have it when they are roaming the ship

yep i got it micheals craft store. my wife measured out the mat width along the bottom and we tried to center the decal in the middle of the bottom of the mat. we put it on the mat before we left on the cruise so they knew which way to sign the mat. we like the black with the silver sharpie. the photo in the mat is 11x14 size. they didnt care bout the size. we only sent one mat for them to sign. we sent 2 silver sharpies with the mat just incase. along with the mat we sent a 2.5 lb bag of childs play candy mix. the lady at guest services said, mickey and his friends will love the childs play mix. seems like thats the easiest since they can put a couple in their pocket and have it when they are roaming the ship

Thanks everyone for your quick response. I have a larger size mat and was worried it might be too big. Picked up 8x10 for my Mom and 3 Team Mickey pillowcases for the kids today. I was under the impression that each individual in a stateroom could get something autographed, not just children. Am I incorrect? Again thanks for all the help, this is my first Disney Cruise.

Yes. It is two per stateroom unless there are more than two children. So in your case I think your max is three if all five of you are in one stateroom.

Yes. It is two per stateroom unless there are more than two children. So in your case I think your max is three if all five of you are in one stateroom.

I was planning on bringing 4 to sign. I will be ok, right? We have 4 children but we are all in one stateroom. Will they allow that? Thanks!

Another tip: to make sure the signatures aren't covered by the frame once the mat is back in the frame, cover the edges of the mat (1/4" to 1/2") with painter's tape. The characters sign, you remove the tape, voila! Mat's ready and the frame won't cover the signatures.

Another tip: to make sure the signatures aren't covered by the frame once the mat is back in the frame, cover the edges of the mat (1/4" to 1/2") with painter's tape. The characters sign, you remove the tape, voila! Mat's ready and the frame won't cover the signatures.

Thanks for reminding me. I had thought of that but as fast as it came to mind it went! :blush:

Question- do they make ziplock bags large enough to hold these mats? I have four mats that are 11x14. Thanks!

Question- do they make ziplock bags large enough to hold these mats? I have four mats that are 11x14. Thanks!

They make everything these days. :)
Here are 20 gallons Ziplocs. :scared1:
http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Big-Bags-gallon-24x32/dp/B003AO9I4C

I would find something less expensive. Like the huge bags they have in the gift stores onboard. Of course if you fill it with purchases, the monster Ziploc may be less expensive. :lmao:

I think we used a kitchen sized white trash bag IIRC.

Wow! Those are huge! Lol! I'm not sure if we even need one though. Our mat is wrapped in a clear plastic and has the pen already sealed inside. I may just label it with our name and stateroom number. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter