autograph idea...Cheep idea too

Cool! Someone had told us to bring an autograph book with us so we'd be prepared, but I like this idea way better! Like someone said, it wouldn't be closed up somewhere for years but out on display for all to see. Are sharpies big enough for the characters to hold? What else have people used for them to sign with?
Carrie

LOVE this idea!!! I'm heading to Walmart to pick mine up this weekend! Thanks for the great tip! :cool1:

I was thinking of making my own books until I seen some pictures with the autographed mats on another site.

Gotta say that this has got to be the best idea for a keepsake that I can think of. It is something that you can admire everyday, especially after the kids have moved out of the house.

Besides what do people do kids do with those books anyways?

I think the mat idea is better than the frame idea. the frame would be just to much to carry.

I'm loving this idea too...I'm just wondering if I should get a mat for each of my kids, or have the younger ones carry the book and the oldest the mat and then put a family pic inside...
Heading out to Walmart today to find it!!!

A tip that I recently picked up applies to this situation.

If you are going to do the photo mat idea, then I suggest you get a Ziploc bag, probably 2gal, to keep them in while you are in the park. You wouldn't ant the rain or wet cloths from a ride ruin all that work.

Thank you all for sharing. I LOVE this idea.

We are going to so many character meals on our upcoming trip, I will have to think about how I am going to tweak this for our vacation, but I absolutely love the idea of being able to SEE it and not having another thing on a shelf taking up space.::yes:: Awesome!

If you have a party city they are selling photo mat for $4.99 and its by the graduation things

This was a huge hit when we were at Disney a few weeks ago. We had the characters sign a picture frame. It was 5x7, white, heavy duty almost canvas like. We brought it at a walmart for less than $4.00. It had big wide sides and you could slide the photo right in. The characters seemed to love it Baloo gave us the thumbs up and Minnie kissed it. We carried it in a backpack all over and had different color sharpies for them to sign with. Because it was heavy duty you couldn't bend it at all. At character dinners we had it set up right on the table for all to see. A lot of people liked the idea. A cheep way to frame your free 5x7 with your Disney visa.

bigfish - we want to try your idea. Just asking if it was an actual frame you took or was it a mat for photos? Will run to WalMart soon as you let us know. Thanks!!

DD has done the standard autograph book every time we have gone to WDW. Last year I made personalized autograph books for both DD & DS, the characters loved them. The kids seemed to have gotten some special attention because of them as well. I'm going to do them again this year PLUS this. Our office is totally decked out in WDW pics, this will be a great addition. Great idea!! Thanks for sharing!

I am stealing an idea from another post and applying to this situation.

Bring a clipboard to attach to Photo mat to. It will be easier for the Characters to hold and sign.
I was going to bring a folder to keep it in while it the park, but I was still worried that the mat would get bent. Problem solved.

And you can decorate the clipboard. Characters always give extra attention with touches like that

You know the characters like to see guests go the extra mile to make it easier for them to do their job of making it special for you.

thanks to all for the ideas on this. Just returned from my shopping. Here is what I bought for this project.

Michaels
two autograph 8X10 mats (came with a black ink pen) @ 4.99 each
ON SALE one pack 4 Clickable Sharpies 4.99
ON SALE two green metal frames to eventually hold the mats @ .99 each

I plan to use a piece of masking tape to cover the central located spot I'd like Mickey to sign. Will peel it off when we get to meet him, otherwise its covered with the tape so no other characters sign there. Also will place a piece of tape in lower right corner so after the trip I can write in the dates.

If there are any blank spots on the frame after we get the autographs, maybe I'll place some Disney stickers to fill in.

Also there was a large display front of Michaels where they had unfinished wooden frames for 5X7 or 4X6 photos. These frames were all only 1.99 These might work well for getting autographs also. May go back for some this week.

Enjoy your autograph hunting everyone! :dance3:

The mat I used holds the photo and has its own back to it, so I don't have to use a frame. I has a thin plastic piece to act as the glass. The frame is about 1/4in. thick the whole frame is 8x11, it holds a 5x7 photo. It has the arm to hold upright. I had it standing on its own for all the character dinners. So everyone could see it. Its really sturdy and it did not bend at all in the camera bag which is backpack. I hope this helps

Ours was like the very nice one above except it was a princesses picture, it was about $5 at Michaels. We took it for just Akershus.

P3281887-3.jpg

Thanks for sharing! :flower3:

One more idea to add to my list of things to get (already have the click sharpies) for our trip in "16 sleeps"!!! :woohoo:

DGD's 1st Disney experience princess:

This is a great idea! However, this is our first trip, I don't have a picture to insert into the photo frame or mat, should I give them a blank frame to sign?!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter