autograph books

Dizneydaz said:
Oh, one more thing, something else I did last Sept. was have the princesses sign birthday cards I bought, before we left home, for my DD upcoming birthday. :bday: 42 days and counting!

I LOVE :lovestruc this idea - just added it to my to do list. Thank you.

WOW!! You guys sound so creative. I am definately doing the mini photo album autograph book. The signing of the birthday cards is so clever, I will be doing that also. What about the pics of your books. Please send them, I really want to see what you all have done. Thanks for all your info. :cheer2:

I just purchased a memory book kit for 3.19 (reg. 7.99). It is 6 x 6, foam covered with heavy white pages. (20 pages) It comes with 200 foam stickers and 2 glitter pens. Perfect for making autograph books! :flower:

Kayla's Mom said:
I just purchased a memory book kit for 3.19 (reg. 7.99). It is 6 x 6, foam covered with heavy white pages. (20 pages) It comes with 200 foam stickers and 2 glitter pens. Perfect for making autograph books! :flower:
ooh, I hope they have some next week when I'm by my local Joahnn's! I'm thinking definatly gonna need something sturdy otherwise it won't last too long in my kiddos hands :rotfl: Hmm, maybe I shouldn't wait till next week :teeth:

I'd love to see some pics of the autograph books you've made, too.
We have always used the ones from Disney World, but I would like to make one for our next trip.

I'm getting ready to start making my DS's autograph book........ I'd love to see some of your photo's, and an idea or photo of what your mousekeeping envelopes look like.

Thanks........... :earboy2:

Those are great! Thanks for sharing :earsgirl:
Hmm, not I just have to decide which characters to put in the book :rotfl: Guess I should ask kiddos first though :rotfl2: Guess I could keep a couple of blanks pages just in case :teeth:

Thanks for all the great ideas. I'll have plenty of time to make three books before our trip next March. I'm going to try and make a few for our best friends leaving this Saturday. We'll see how they turn out.

I made our autograph pages... they didn't become "books" until we returned and printed out some photos to go along with them.

I created them in photoshop with clip art and fancy fonts, printed them on cardstock with my printer and then cut them out. They are 4x6 pages.. I would have preferred 5x7, but I was having a hard time finding a book to hold the 5x7's.

We brought them in a ziplock, then pulled out the ones we needed while waiting. I just put them in alphabetically... after we got to Disney, I used one of the plastic lunch boxes you get with the kids meals to store them in. We also brought a bunch of different coloured sharpies... and a clipboard (5x7 size).

I made a bunch with all the characters we figured we could end up seeing, then a bunch of blank ones with the 50th logo on them for the extras.. and I did end up using a couple of those blanks.

Worked great and all the face characters commented on them.

Here is a link to some of the ones I did....
http://www.spektrum.ca/carole/disneyautographpages.htm

Shelebeen said:
Trayletha... your autograph pages are awesome! Great work

Shelbeen... Thank you and yours are so cool :cool1: . All those beautiful pictures you found and I just love those layouts, thank you for sharing them with us.

Shelebeen said:
I made our autograph pages... they didn't become "books" until we returned and printed out some photos to go along with them.
I created them in photoshop with clip art and fancy fonts, printed them on cardstock with my printer and then cut them out. They are 4x6 pages.. I would have preferred 5x7, but I was having a hard time finding a book to hold the 5x7's.
Here is a link to some of the ones I did....
http://www.spektrum.ca/carole/disneyautographpages.htm

I have a question, I'm not too handy with the printer, but what color cardstock did you use? I noticed all the pics were completely colored, I'm wondering if all that color will be too much strain on my printer, or will it use a whole cartridge of colored ink????
Thanks for any help :)

LaDonna said:
I have a question, I'm not too handy with the printer, but what color cardstock did you use? I noticed all the pics were completely colored, I'm wondering if all that color will be too much strain on my printer, or will it use a whole cartridge of colored ink????
Thanks for any help :)

I used white cardstock. I wanted them all coloured differently.. but I guess you could go to a scrapbooking store and buy different colours of cardstock - just not sure how the colours of the clip art would show up against them.

I do digital scrapbooking and print my 8x10 pages on photo paper all the time, so I guess I don't worry too much about the colour cartridges.. just one of the costs of my hobby I suppose. My printer has 5 different cartridges, so if I run out of a colour, I just replace it not the whole colour thing.

I am sure this project cost WAY more then buying an autograph book would, but I enjoy doing this stuff and it was worth it to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter