Autograph Book Questions

aprilbabes

Mouseketeer
At what age did you have your child use an autograph book?
Do you give each child their own or do you do one book for the family?

When we went last year my DD was 3 so we got her the Princess one with the photo slots. My DS was only 1 at the time so we didn't bother getting him one.
I'm debating what to do when we return in May. It's a lot of work to do two of the photo/autograph books (in addition to the huge photo album I put together).

Our last trip DD was just shy of 4 and DS was only 1. So she had an autograph book. But now that DS is older, he'd have one as well. I know it's a PITA but would you make different books for each of them? Why not just have the same book printed twice?

Our last trip DD was just shy of 4 and DS was only 1. So she had an autograph book. But now that DS is older, he'd have one as well. I know it's a PITA but would you make different books for each of them? Why not just have the same book printed twice?

Not sure what you mean. I don't do custom books I just buy the disney one. Last year I got the one that had photo pages.

Yes they are a pita.

It's even more of a pita having a large group of kids have books that all need to get signed...it front you... I do get it. I do ....and I wouldn't want to take away any child's magic. But what happens to the books ..?
One year I did the pillow case thing with dd... That gets used with lots of compliments .
I don't buy books for dd.... I let her use the map ... She usually forgets Bout it... I don't like to manage it.... I like hèr to spend her time interacting with the character,.

Sorry, I said it.... I DISlike the autograph books !

Flame on.......

One year I gave both kids personalized books. Dd was little and colored all over hers. Ds was 3 and he understood and it really helped him be more confident in interacting with the characters.

Last year I had each child present a quilt square to be signed with a fabric pen. Then I made each one a quilt ( we have three now). Very cute, and they sleep with them every night. Tons of work though, dh begged me not to do something with that much prep work again.

We are supposed to be doing books again this year. But I think I will bring their princess tshirts to our princess dinner the first night and have the princesses sign those too.

We did pillow cases this trip. I'm going to get big shadow boxes and put them in with pictures and hang them in their rooms.

My kids were older (12 and 14) on our first Disney trip, but I bought the Encyclopedia of Disney characters from abc distributing. It was really reasonable and gives a description of each character. We only bring it with us to character meals as it can be annoying to carry all day. It is fun to have the characters sign it. Several of the characters (Mad Hatter and Cinderella's step sisters) did not like their descriptions and actually edited the page to their liking. It was funny! I think you can find links on the DisBoards with pictures of this book as that is how I found out about it.

We vacation as a family
1 autograph book - the kids take turn handing it to the character.
1 photo - both kids/family with the character at the same time.

I then put these in a 2 per page photo album. Autograph on top and picture with character on the bottom.

For our June trip, the family that went with us had to have an autograph book for each child. It definitely was time consuming and heard alot of complaints from the mom as to what a pain it was.

We vacation as a family
1 autograph book - the kids take turn handing it to the character.
1 photo - both kids/family with the character at the same time.

I then put these in a 2 per page photo album. Autograph on top and picture with character on the bottom.

For our June trip, the family that went with us had to have an autograph book for each child. It definitely was time consuming and heard alot of complaints from the mom as to what a pain it was.

So you take the autograph out of the autograph book to put in the photo album above the picture, correct?

I got a great idea off Pinterest that we are going to use. You have them sign a picture mat and then when you get home hang it up with a pic of your child at Disney! I just don't know how easy it will be to carry around? I just think the autograph books are one of those things that will just be put away and forgotten.

Last year was the first time we did and autograph book. Ds had just turned 4. What I opted to do was to take some squares of card stock and some colored sharpie markers and a clipboard. Then when we got home I put together a photo album of pictures with him and the character paired with the autograph.

He likes to get it out to look at quite frequently and show anyone who will sit down with him. It took a little but of time but there are pages where we can continue to add to it and it has been fun for him.

I did take time at the end if each day to write on the back of each autograph which day, park, where we met the character so I would have an easier time of matching up with the photos after we returned home.

I liked the idea of using blank index cards for them to sign - then you can add them to scrapbook page - then you just carry the blank cards in a ziplock bag, after they are signed - leave them in the room so you only carry the blank ones

So you take the autograph out of the autograph book to put in the photo album above the picture, correct?

I print autograph cards for each of the characters and put them in alphabetical order in a one per page photo album.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter