autograph book in advance?

excitedmomma

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering if I should have the autograph book and things in advance? I noticed a set of things, including Epcot passport book, autograph book & pen, mickey ears, pressed penny book with one penny for $50. Is it worth buying it now (and is that price good?) or easier to just get the stuff once we arrive?? Do kids want the mickey ears? I have a 6 and 4 year old.
Thanks! :D

I would recommend getting the autograph books before hitting the parks! They sell them in each resort (I believe). You see characters almost immediately upon entering, and I know my kids would have a heart attack if they couldn't jump right in the line if they didn't have their books.

Oh, and my kids don't wear there ears:-(. That is just one of the souveniers that you *have* to have at some point!!

If your kids don't HAVE to have a Disney Autograph book, I would like to make a suggestion that worked well for me when my son was small. I purchased a small photo album that had a paper area at the top (for writing about the picture). He used the top portion for autographs, and we took his picture with each character. Since he could only read printing and couldn't read "scribble writing," he had the picture of the character and then he "knew" who all of the autographs were from!

Suzi

$50 is WAY too much.

The autograph books are sold EVERYWHERE in WDW. Every resort gift shop has them, and so does every kiosk. You won't have any trouble finding them once you're there. They only cost about $7. I forget how much the passports and pressed penny books are, but it still won't add up to anything near $50.

That said, we don't do autograph books anymore. They just end up on a shelf at home. We've done autograph hats, autograph fanny packs, even an autograph baby blankie. These are all things that are used and enjoyed throughout the year.

We've always picked up the autograph books when we get there. They are good quality and hold up well. Made some of our own one year and they fell apart. Anyway we have the character sign the right page only and take a picture of the kids with the character which we use the photo corners and attach to the left page. My kids like it because they know who signed the autograph and it is much smaller than using a photo album which is what we ended up with after the autograph book fell apart. I think Autograph books are 6.49 including tax

IN the middle of the Orlando airport there is a Disney store and they sell the autograph books there. So you can have it before you even get there.. We have used the same one over and over. Taken it to Disneyland also. We just put a date in the bottom corner of when we got it...

$50 is way too much.

The books are $7.00, matching pen is $3, the passport is $9.95, I think the pressed penny was $12-15. I gave DD and niece Easter
baskets for out August trip including 2 trading pins and GOH badges for less than $50 each (we were in WDW for spring break so I did some secret shopping). The only thing I didn't have was the penny book.

One of us (usually DH) takes DD to the gift shop to buy her autograph book while the other waits in line to check in.
I could only find Epcot Passports in Epcot but everyone seemed to sell them.

I agree about the ears - a must have we don't were (we prefer baseball style hats with a brim to provide shade on the face).

Thank you all for helping me out! We're new to Disney and I just have to say that I LOVE this board! I was hoping $50 was too much! I believe that I'll just buy the autograph book when we get there, but before we get to one of the parks! I love the ideas about putting the pictures with the autograph. I was wondering how the characters could write really plain with those fat hands! Thanks for the prices, that helps me prepare!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter