Autograph Book Ideas Needed PLEASE...

RuthieT

DIS Veteran
We are down to just under 4 months and I better get started on a autograph book for our trip to DL for my daughter that will be close to 4 at the time. I would love any ideas that you can pass on along with pictures that you might have!! Thanks:thumbsup2

I asked my DNiece(3-almost 4) if she wanted an autograph book, she said she did. I'm not sure if she will be into doing it so I just bought a dollar store one-not Disney. She can't read so I have been purchasing Disney stickers, trying to get as many characters as I can find to add to the page with the autograph. So far I have Mulan, the Disney princesses, Mickey and the gang, Monster's Inc., Tinkerbell, Winnie the Pooh and friends and Dalmations. I also found Alice in Wonderland-not Disney.

I have heard that they have ones at DL where you can put a picture of your child on one side with the character and have the autograph on the other. They don't hold many autographs/photos and they are more expensive than the other kinds.

I asked my DNiece(3-almost 4) if she wanted an autograph book, she said she did. I'm not sure if she will be into doing it so I just bought a dollar store one-not Disney. She can't read so I have been purchasing Disney stickers, trying to get as many characters as I can find to add to the page with the autograph. So far I have Mulan, the Disney princesses, Mickey and the gang, Monster's Inc., Tinkerbell, Winnie the Pooh and friends and Dalmations. I also found Alice in Wonderland-not Disney.

I have heard that they have ones at DL where you can put a picture of your child on one side with the character and have the autograph on the other. They don't hold many autographs/photos and they are more expensive than the other kinds.

Yes, those books are nice, but you're right that they are more expensive. We had to buy 2 because the first one filled up so fast, but my DS was there for his birthday, so we had a lot of pics and special birthday greetings! :)

How much do these autograph books cost and about how much signatures can one of these books hold? Also, which stores in DL can you buy these books?

How much do these autograph books cost and about how much signatures can one of these books hold? Also, which stores in DL can you buy these books?

There are 15 pages for photos and autographs. The photo slots are on one side of the page and the blank pages for autographs are across from them. I'm not sure exactly how much the books are, but I think I remember them costing around $11.00 or $11.50. We bought ours at the Emporium (at the end of Main Street near the fire station) and I have seen them in a lot of other places too including the World of Disney store in DTD. :)

I dont know if they still make these, but when my dd was younger we had one of those I-zone cameras. They were those that took instant pictures and you could get film that had a sticky back to it. They were small enough that i would take a pic of my dd with the character and put the pic in the book next to the autograph.

We are down to just under 4 months and I better get started on a autograph book for our trip to DL for my daughter that will be close to 4 at the time. I would love any ideas that you can pass on along with pictures that you might have!! Thanks:thumbsup2

Amazing how soon our vacations are coming, if I recall correctly we are on the same flight down.......

The only problem I have heard with books you make ahead of time is 1. having all the right characters, and 2 finding the right page when you need it.

I know someone who took scrapbooking pages and created a blank (except for the cover) book, then after all the autograph's were in it she created the scrap book around the signatures.

Amazing how soon our vacations are coming, if I recall correctly we are on the same flight down.......

The only problem I have heard with books you make ahead of time is 1. having all the right characters, and 2 finding the right page when you need it.

I know someone who took scrapbooking pages and created a blank (except for the cover) book, then after all the autograph's were in it she created the scrap book around the signatures.

Great idea! That would make it easier than finding the right character page. Sometimes there is not a lot of time to do this.:)

We make our autograph books each time we go. Either a simple one or a elaborate one.

Simple: I buy a white 6x6 scrapbook at Hobby Lobby or Michaels, decorate the front and back pages with stickers of the character my daughter is interested in at the time of our trip. Then cover the front and back to keep it clean. We have the characters sign on one page and when we get home with print out the photos and attach to the opposite page. If you know that you are going on a serious autograph hunt then have characters sign every page and leave enough room to attach a small photo.

Elaborate: Buy a 7x6 fillable scrapbook. You can buy regular pages or pocket pages to fill it and this allows you to use as many pages as you'd like. We buy the pocket pages. Decorate (using scrapbook supplies and stickers) the front/back of book. Cover each pocket page with scrapbook paper and the opposite page with corresponding paper. Decorate one side with stickers/cut out of each selected characters you want to be sure to get. Use tags for the characters to sign and then slip those signed tags into their pocket page. Attach a photo of your child with the character on the pocket page. We usually decorate about 8-10 pages of characters she must have and then decorate another 10 pages without any characters on it. When we run into some characters that she wants but don't have special pages for we have them sign a tag and slip it into the non-character pockets. When we get home, we decorate those pages with the extra characters we found. This becomes a true scrapbook of the characters and not simply an autograph book.

(If interested I can email you some photos for reference)

One of my co-workers bought a package of the larger non-lined index cards (4x6) and took them to Kinkos and had them put a spiral binding in it. She said they only charged her 2.00 to do the binding. Office Depot and Staples can also do the binding. She decorated the cover (created out of one of the index cards) and the tied short ribbon strips of various colors and styles to the sprial binding. It was really cute and not expensive to create. The photos went on one side of the opening and the autograph on the other. It was nice that she was able to decide on how many pages to put into her "book".

I wish I had a photo to show you, but it was very cute.

Hi there! I'm in the process of making an autograph book for my DD. What I did was purchased a 4x6 chip board scrapbook from a scrapbook store. It's a blank canvas that you can decorate. It comes with plastic page protectors, but I just took those out. I cut some white cardstock to fit inside the book, then I decorated each page. I made a page for each character (well...the main ones and I'm going to make some plain pages for those extra characters). I either used scrapbook stickers, or cut out characters off of a piece of scrapbook paper, or printed characters from a clipart site onto glossy paper and cut them out. The scrapbook store I go to has a diecut with a big Mickey head, so next to each character is a Mickey head for the characters to sign on. The outside of the book I am going to embelish with some Mickey paper, black and white (or red & white) polka dotted ribbon and then alpha stickers that say "Abigayle's Autograph Book" or something like that. I'm also taking a big ziploc bag to keep it in so it doesn't get wet. I've thought about putting little tabs on the backside of each page (that can be taken off after vacation) that has the character's names on it....or like my husband said we'll probably be waiting in line long enough to find the character.

I've had a blast making this autograph book! Good luck with yours and have fun with it! :)

I have also seen people do pillowcases with fabric markers. They bring a piece of cardboard for them to sign on, and then keep it in a ziplock bag around the park.

We have purchased Dinsey postcards and have had the characters sign them. We purchase a couple (as they can sign kind of big) and then swicth them out as needed. You can also buy ones that corolate to specific characters (M&M, Princesses, 100 Acre Woods pals, etc). Then when we get home they are displayed on the fridge until the scrapbook is ready for them. Then I cut a hole just smaller than the postcard and tape it in so that both sides can be seen.

Here's what I do for my niece. Mind you I am a scrapbooker so this may not work for you, but I think it works great!

I buy an album (different sizes depending on what you want) and take it with me. I also take a big black sharpie. I have each character sign on one side of the white pages. I find the bigger the pages you use, the more some of the characters sign it, especially the Princesses!

Then when i return do a 2 page spread for each autopgraph. On one side I put the picture and on the other I put the autograph and then I decorate it.

I find that doing a book ahead of time doesn't work becasue you don't know who you are going to see.

Here are a few pics of some albums I have done:

cinderella.jpg

princessesauto.jpg

mickeyauto.jpg

snowwhiteleft.jpg
snowwhiteright.jpg

tlovesdis,
Was that the 6x6 Mickey album from Creative memories? I have that and was considering using it. I also am making a few autograph books for our december trip.

I just bought a 8x8 book along with extra pages from Michael's. I also found 8x8 Mickey/Disney pages. My question however is since the pages are in the sleeves do you just take the page out while you are at the park or once you find a character to sign?

oh by the way those are great pictures and great ideas I am thinking of doing something very similar. Thanks!! Keep the ideas and pictures coming!

This is what I did last trip and plan to do again this trip.
-I bought the book at Micheals (w/ 40% off coupon)
-Then bought card stock index cards at staples (the larger size cards, not 3X5 or 4X6)
-Had Staples punch the holes for me.
-Then asked the folks on the Creative DISigns thread (found at the bottom of the main DISboard page) who did autographs if I could use what they had. They either PM'd them to me or linked me to the page they had some on.
-I copied and pasted them into word, then printed my own.
-You can even add a name or date if you want while it is in ms word.

Oh I should say that everyone loved them and the girls enjoyed the little extra time they had with who ever was signing the page.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

tlovesdis,
Was that the 6x6 Mickey album from Creative memories? I have that and was considering using it. I also am making a few autograph books for our december trip.

I's not sure if it was the Disney one, but it was definately CM. The other one was too, but that was in 2001 and they don't make that size anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter