Autograph Book for 1st Trip

sharbev

Earning My Ears
I tried searching the threads but am not too good at this stuff yet. I am wondering if there are any Autograph Books specific to "1st Disney Trip"?

I was going to make them myself but am losing steam trying to get organized for the trip.

Any suggestions appreciated!
~ shari

We used a photo mat for the characters to sign and are adding a family Disney pic to frame of our childrens' firt trip.

They're actually really easy to make on your own...I'm just being lazy. ;~) You can either do most of the work yourself or a place like Staples will do it for you.

Cardstock -- holds up much better/sharpies don't bleed
cut to desired size (paper cutters are free to use at FedexKinko's) or Staples will cut.
** you can also choose different colors

As for size, I like either 5x7 or 4x6. That way you can add either 4x6 or 3x5 photos of child w/character.

For the cover, use reg paper. Either use your computer to design something (Staples can print it if you don't have a color printer) or you can paste pictures from books or use stickers...just no decals.

No decals b/c then you go to Staples (or wherever) and get the HARD laminate. You could use soft laminate, but I think the hard is so much nicer. Laminate the cover, add a coverstock piece (or another laminate piece) for the back.

Have Staples or wherever spiral bind the top edge and there you have it. Of course, if you know a teacher...they often have access to a lot of what is needed above -- especially the binder.

Hope this motivates someone more than I'm feeling at the moment! LOL ~ shari

The Photo Mat is a great idea. I love that!!

I'm also having their Ears signed in Silver Metallic Sharpies and making them T-shirts that say, "1st Time Mouseketeer" with a Mickey Head then "Earning Our Ears" either below or on the back. I hope to get some autographs on those, as well.

~ shari

I don't know of any that are specific to your first visit, but I highly recommend, if you do purchase one, buying one that has signature on one side and a place for a photo on the other. They have these for girls and boys. The girls are princess, and the boys are pirates (I think)

If you want to make an autograph book super easy, just go to Walmart or any store like it and buy a small 3 ring binder that holds index cards. Buy a couple of packs of plain 4x6" index cards (the binder comes with 3x5 but the 4x6 fit fine). Punch holes in the cards and you are ready to go. They are thick and sharpies don't bleed through. The cover has clear plastic over it - a perfect fit for the free personalized autograph covers you can print off on themouseforless.com and once you get home - you can print your pics in the wallet size and put them in with the autographs. The kids can stick them in and decorate them with stickers and make comments next to the photos. It makes and overall great vacation book and it involves no effort on your part. My kids love them.

We used a photo mat for the characters to sign and are adding a family Disney pic to frame of our childrens' firt trip.

I like your idea for the photo mat but wasn't it hard to carry around?

I made a book for my daughter last trip, in the scrapbooking store they have books you can make and bind. I printed off their name and picture on each page and then cut to size, then got it bound. I made a cool cover and we were good to go. It took a lot of time but the result was awesome and each character pointed to themeselves or talked about their picture, she loved the extra attention. I would post a pic but I can't yet. I still need to do a few more posts to get that privlidge :)

If you head over to the creative DISigns thread there are many talented people that can help get you started with making your own book.

Ok, so I am lazy, where do you buy the princess autograph books? Do I wait until I am down there or do they sell them at "normal" stores?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter