• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

auto cancel??!!!

happytexasmom

Mouseketeer
When I was making an ADR modification over the phone I had them pull up two ADRs both for the same day, same place, same hour

I wasnt aware of the fire code thing and I was hoping they could add more people to 1 of those tables.

They told me that if I made the ADR both under the same name(I did) the sytem could auto cancel them and then I could lose both ADRs. I had to make 2 seperate ADRs bcuz there was no availability for us to all sit 2gether so I split our group in 2.

I tried to have them change the name on 1 of the ADRs but they said they couldnt, also there is no more availability at this restaurant so I cant make a different ressie under another name

Has this happened to any1 b4 where they show up to a restaurant and are told thier ADR has been canceled??

If this was to happen to me I would be very upset :headache:

I have read of it happening to one person on here. Other than that one first hand experience, all other reports are strictly people saying that it happens.

From what I have read (and take it with a grain of salt because I am not a CM), the system does not automatically cancel double reservations but there are reports of CMs cancelling doubles if they run across them.

I am super worried about it :sick:....the ressies are for Le cellier....If I dont get my cheese soup and pretzel bread, I'll go nuts :scared1:

You probably will be fine. Just take your ADR #s with you when you check in in case there is a problem. Otherwise, doesn't hurt to keep checking online to see if something does come up to seat your whole party together and then cancel the two you have.

I just had this happen with the Wishes Dessert Party. They didn't have 5 people available so I had to do three and two. But she said they wouldn't auto cancel this because they are two separate party sizes and because I pre payed. I know Le Cellier isn't like that. I would just bring your print outs to the restaurant just in case.

I have seen reports of extra guests being turned away once in awhile. The extra person will only not be accommodated if the restaurant is already at capacity.

There is no auto cancel (in that there is not a computer program going through the system cancelling all duplicates. If there were, we would get a LOT more reports of this). The reports are that if the same person holds two reservations at one time, it is possible a CM noticing this will take it upon themselves to cancel one or both.

If the reservations are actually for two different parties of people, make the second reservation in someone else's name. And no, if both reservations are already in your name, they cannot change the name on either of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter