No lactose meal...ok fish

DH had the chessy thing...

\
good entertainment....limited movies compared to delta international flights

Happy DH that we made it...LAX waiting for hotel shuttle

Marriott Hotel @ Lax

Just to show pre shopping luggage....

DH at lunch after flying in...as you can see, was very excited

Lunch in LA...pleased note the chips that they seem to add to everything..ahh gota love the USA

V Australia Premium Economy
YES: Absolutely loved it, the service was fantastic, had a cabin attendant named Major and he was AWESOME....they served the wine in TUMBLERS....couldn't touch the seat in front with your knees, self serve bar, express baggage, priority boarding.

NO:The seats were firm but not too bad. Just take a pillow case and shove in a few V Aust pillows,and sit on the rug.

Marriott Hotel @ Lax:
YES:Good hotel, shuttle service, good location

NO:Bad Coffee, go to Hilton next door for meals

Los Angeles - Tampa- WDW
Delta: First Class
Bay Lake Tower @ Walt Disney World
1 Bedroom Apartment: Lake View

Delta Airline: First Class breakfast : lactose free

Normal Breakfast for DH on delta

Cant get enough of the bagels.....

Our tiny clown car we picked up in tampa, then the drive to orlando. Thank god we had our GPS, as the I-4 was blocked and we had to go around it.

Happy DH arriving at BLT

Bay lake Tower : 1 bedder

View from our apartment....

After buying my mugs, had to try the black forrest muffin...oooohhhhh yummo @ Contempo cafe at the contemporary.

Then dinner at the wave that night..ok, we look a tad jet lagged, but we are at DISNEY!!!!!

Followed by a late night swim....around 27 degrees...then off to bed.

Yes: Delta first class
No: no entertainment for 5 hrs of flight, DH not happy

Yes: Priceline for car hire, hertz, our own GPS tom tom
No: tiny clown car...need I say more. More embarrassing than anything

Yes : Bay lake tower
No: NOTHING!!!!!!

Fabulous photos, they really tell a great story :thumbsup2.
I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Lol to the clown car, that must have been scary on the highway:eek:

I'm subbing.popcorn::

Love the photo story style. It's like a good old fashioned slide night.

Walt Disney World: 17 Sept 2011

After a breakfast from contempo cafe of deep fried yummy goodness, we decided to pool hop over to Wilderness Lodge

On the boat to Wilderness Lodge

Pool at Wilderness Lodge

The it was back to BLT to get changed for our lunch in Animal Kingdom at yak & yeti....a meal we enjoyed last year and wanted to do again.

But of course it rained so hard it hurt my head.....and animal kingdom is NOT the best park to be at in a torrential downpour..although it does empty the park rather quickly..

So off to yak and yeti we slosh....the foyer was jamed packed full of walk in's so a bit of a nightmare trying to check-in......but eventually we were seated and ordered....
tempura prawns..DH had the surf and turf..

Bit disappointed, but I had broken my cardinal rule..never try to repeat a great experience..only leads to disappointment.
Oh well...Onto the train we go
where we bumped into a few old friends..let your conscience be your guide

Make an effort to go out and check out the conservation station ....its a little known attraction but worth the effort, trains run every 10 minutes or so, and the themeing is great.

Did the safari, which once again impressed us and meandered back to the buses to get to Epcot for our Dinner at Coral reef...

Coral Reef @ Epcot

DH's dinner

My Chicken

Dessert

Coral Reef is always great for somewhere to eat with healthy food and entertainment. Nice meal had by all.

I really enjoy Epcot at night as the park is closing, you can sit with a drink and people watch as everyone scurrys out to try to beat the crowds, a great time to shop or just sit and listen to the park music.
Here's some shots the DH did of the Innovations fountain at Epcot

Good day had by all.....

##I too enjoy a good slide night...and a picture tells a thousand words..

Fabulous photos, they really tell a great story :thumbsup2.
I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Lol to the clown car, that must have been scary on the highway:eek:

Yep.....picture it....us in the speed limited clown car dragging its sorry butt down the I-4 while everyone else is going past at light speed.....the poor DH is used to our peugoet, so humble pie was our road trip snack of choice :cool1:

but really, for $126 ..8 days hire, what can you expect??? We used one tank of petty for the entire trip...love it:rotfl2:

WDW- 18 September 2011

So today was spent bumming around the pool at contemporary & the polynesian resort [ we love this idea of pool hopping] then tonight it's EMH at MK.

Poly quiet pool

Contemporary pool

A full day spent in the sun then requires a little "nanna" nap which seemed to last longer than the scheduled hour....

But after feeling refreshed and renewed, I attached our flag to the balcony

Had some dinner

such proud moments......anyway, got sorted and we saunted over to the Magic kingdom around 11 pm ish...all halloween decorations were up and it looked great

a quick ride on buzz

space mountain, haunted mansion etc etc.....then back home to Bay lake at 1.30 am...

Another great day had by all..

Great photos! Great TR so far!

Agree about Coral Reef! We ate there about three times last trip. Is that the chocolate wave that I spotted in your Coral Reef dessert photo? mmmmm, oh my mouth is watering, I absolutely loved that dessert! :love:

WDW & Outlet shopping - 19 September 2011

One of my most favourite days at disney world...outlet shopping!!!!!

Anyway first off to magic kingdom for the morning

the worst thing was that this huge crane was working on the castle so every shot we got had it in it........

I had forgotten how hot and humid it got in WDW, luckily you cant see the sweat trickling down my back

crowds were light on, so we got to see and ride a fair bit...
we even did carousel of progress, something the DH hasn't done before..which he really enjoyed. [no accounting for taste]..

bailed before the parade and set off for the outlet stores

DH trying out the new cookie and cream ice cream..he does look a bit smug doesn't he...

Then after helping the US economy with our purchases...which we were very pleased with, although the Disney character store has stuff all in it, and not really reduced, so that was a tad disappointing...
anyway... dropped the stuff off, had a shower and then headed for Hollywood studios & star tours.

Rode it 3 times, the DH squealed like a teenage girl that was meeting Justin bebier..he loved it.

So after spending a bit of time doing MGM..sorry, Hollywood studios..we dragged our tired but star wars happy butts back to the clown car and headed on back to the ranch......still having enough energy to go for a dip in the contemporary pool....grabbing some snacks [I have to use my snack credits..really].

Happy days..

WDW- Down town Disney & MNSSHP- 20th September 2011.

So today is a combination of pool time, down-town Disney and then the big Mickey's not so scary Halloween party tonight....so pacing one selves is the key.

So off in the clown car we go..ok i just love putting in this picture

Heading straight for the giant disney store.....bought our "bits and bobs" which we got sent back to our resort...
then on to t rex

to order this

Yes we are embarrassed, yes we do have no shame..but God it tasted good, and the waffle fries are to die for..ok.. have a coronary for

T Rex gift shop...few bargains, nothing earth shattering.

Then staggering in the heat and with tummy's full of deep fried yummy yummy goodness we squeeze ourselve back into the clown car and head back to the big top...aka..BLT.

changed and packing refreshments we head for..The Pool!!!

So, after lounging all afternoon by the pool enjoying the sun and pool side entertainment we head off to prepare for...MNSSHP.

Now this year I have made an effort with our costumes, beating last years effort of...Nothing. So be nice, its the thought that counts.

Cheshire cat

crazy rabbit from AIW....

Welcome to your nightmare......you think the crowds are small???

yes they are.....

NOT!!!!!!!!!!

This line is of the happy people waiting for one or two lollies

but this is what I got.....

Not a proud moment, but hey, she filled up my bag at the end of the night...anyway.....

Dinner was had after rides were rode, stares were stared and lollies were sourced...

So overall great night, weather was hot, humid but clear and I scored at least 6kgs of lollies/chocolates etc....not bad!

Ended up home around 1 am......a happy happy cat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter