Australia Trip Report 2015

Do you have any suggestions for the gratuities for the Adventure Guides? Australian dollars? US dollars? A prepaid Visa card? I'm at a loss on what to do.

For the AU guide I tipped in AU dollars and for the Aussie guide that lives in HI I tipped in US$. I also bought both of them a box of salted caramels at Kate's Berry Farm since they both LOVE them!

I didn't get my email :( Is that a good change, Cousin Orville?

I believe Pixiepirate's Australian ABD is in a couple of weeks if I remember correctly and probably received an email because of the last minute change.

Yes, it's a good move by ABD. I ranted about the previous hotel towards the end of page 3.

Pixiepirate... Have a GREAT time! I would love to hear about your experience with the weather. Since they typically run the adult trip this time of year, that is the one I'd probably go with. Although, I would consider a December trip for the summer weather. Base on Cousin Orville's report, the trip is bound to be spectacular!!!

Pixiepirate... Have a GREAT time! I would love to hear about your experience with the weather. Since they typically run the adult trip this time of year, that is the one I'd probably go with. Although, I would consider a December trip for the summer weather. Base on Cousin Orville's report, the trip is bound to be spectacular!!!
Same here. Very much looking forward to your report!

Sayhello

Yes, the weather does seem to be all over the place. I will definitely be doing the layer thing. But it has been warm in Sydney. I am hoping for some nice spring floral displays in the gardens. Getting very excited.:yay:

OMG - we are leaving in less than 4 weeks for a 3-week trip across Australia and New Zealand (2 weeks in Aus and 1 week in NZ).

We're not going with ABD, so I did all the planning and arranging and it has been busy and stressful. My hubby and kids get to relax and enjoy while I'm in charge of all the details and am the acting "Adventure Guide".

I would give anything right now to have James and Dusty step in take all this madness away from me! I know we'll have a great time and while there may be a few issues, overall it'll be great.

I guess I just realized how spoiled I've been with ABD and how the premium is worth it! ::yes:: (we didn't sign up for this particular ABD since NZ wasn't included)

Awesome! Have a fantastic time! And what a great time of year to go. Any plans for the New Year?? That would be amazing. Crazy and expensive, but I did do Times Square one year, so I guess I'm all about crazy and expensive :-)

Following along again on your adventures Kevin. Val & I were in Sydney two years ago before we set off on our 18 night cruise to Hawaii. I had been in Sydney way, way back in 1971 and really enjoyed the city then. It was nice to be able to have Val enjoy the city as well. We also visited Manley Beach, which I had been to in 1971, and it was a really nice day there. We had lunch (fish & chips and a beer flight for me) right on the harbor. The ferry ride sure does give some spectacular views!

Awesome! Have a fantastic time! And what a great time of year to go. Any plans for the New Year?? That would be amazing. Crazy and expensive, but I did do Times Square one year, so I guess I'm all about crazy and expensive :-)

For NYE, we're actually going to see La Boheme at Sydney Opera House and then stay for the Midnight party and see fireworks on the North balcony. Should be amazing!!

For NYE, we're actually going to see La Boheme at Sydney Opera House and then stay for the Midnight party and see fireworks on the North balcony. Should be amazing!!
Wow!! What a great way to spend New Years! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

I couldn't agree more...it will be an absolutely spectacular way to ring in the New Year! How awesome!!!!

Yes - we're super-excited about NYE! My other stress right now is trying to find a cute little black dress to wear to the occasion! But it's a good problem to have :thumbsup2

OMG - we are leaving in less than 4 weeks for a 3-week trip across Australia and New Zealand (2 weeks in Aus and 1 week in NZ).

We're not going with ABD, so I did all the planning and arranging and it has been busy and stressful. My hubby and kids get to relax and enjoy while I'm in charge of all the details and am the acting "Adventure Guide".

I would give anything right now to have James and Dusty step in take all this madness away from me! I know we'll have a great time and while there may be a few issues, overall it'll be great.

I guess I just realized how spoiled I've been with ABD and how the premium is worth it! ::yes:: (we didn't sign up for this particular ABD since NZ wasn't included)

I'm tentatively planning Australia/New Zealand for 2017 and I thought I would do all the planning myself too. But putting together a 3 week itinerary is going to be awfully time consuming and I'm beginning to think it's too much and I don't have the patience to do it. So I'm probably going to research some other tour companies like Trafalgar and G Adventures that have longer trips that visit both countries and see if the activities are in line with what I want to do. With all the internal flights I would need to book, it might turn out to be fairly cost effective too. I hope you have a wonderful trip, paddles, and everything goes so smoothly you won't even miss the adventure guides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter