Australia pictures anyone?

Katieinwonderland

Disney bride July 2008
I'm so so close to convincing DH that we should book the Australia trip for late 2010 (and that it's just fine if we don't eat until then to pay for it! lol)

But I was wondering if anyone who had been had any photos they might be willing to share...the more the better, I love photos! I figure if he sees pictures, he'll fall in love with the idea, and it might be the final push I need!

Manipulative? Me? Nope!

I know there were some Disers that were great at answering questions for me about the trip, so I'm hoping they might help me out again?!

TIA!!

PM me your email address and I'll send you a share link to a sample of our pics. You'll love this trip!

I'm also real interested in the Aussie journey. I really want to go over there but am intimidated on doing it on my own...

Originally considered it in 2010 but am booked on DCL to the Baltic. Thinking maybe late 2011 (Adults Only trip).

I'm on the 1/24 Australia trip. Will have some pictures next month.

I am an aussie living in Melbourne, and been to most places in Ausralia....any questions, just ask!

I would totally recommend a trip, it is very different to USA and your dolalr is good here :)

Oooh oooh Pumba1 I have many, many questions!!! I've asked some of these to people who have been on the trip, but it would be great to hear from a local!

- Firstly, the ABD trip doesn't include Melbourne, but DH and I were thinking about maybe adding three days on the end and flying in there...good idea? It's either that, or extra time in Sydney. Is Melbourne totally different to Sydney, is it worth paying the extra for the flights?

- Have you ever been the the Great Barrier Reef? And have you ever stayed on one of the islands on the reef? We have been looking at spending two days before the ABD trip on one of the Whitsunday Islands, but have NO idea which to pick!

- What's the weather like in November/December?

- Is Sydney a fun place to be New Years eve? I've heard great stories of fireworks and stuff, so I am really hoping ABD does a trip around New Years 2010!

I bet you wished you'd never offered to answer questions, lol! I am beyond excited to do this trip :banana: , but the dates we want haven't come up yet, we want to go late 2010.

We went on the first Aussie trip 5/31, and it was the most amazing trip I've ever been on! Much more fun than I could have imagined. I would recommend it for anyone--young or old. If anyone would like to see some pics, PM me your email address and I'll give you the links. I can also try to help with questions. FYI, we did the Discovery Bridge Climb the last day of the tour, and I highly recommend that as well.

We stayed an extra week with friends in Sydney. In that time, we saw more of the Sydney/coastline area and went to the Blue Mountains and Canberra. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time for Melbourne. We want to go back to do Melbourne and Tasmania.

The hubby and I are shy, but I pulled out some shots we are not featured in to whet your appetite.

Queen Victoria Building
401024127_dscn2658.jpg

Our first view of Sydney
401983897_imgp0253.jpg

At the sheep ranch
401060344_dscn2710.jpg

At the zoo
401319527_dscn2543.jpg

401319712dscn2544iv5.jpg

The Opera House
401328394_dscn2569.jpg

The Royal Botanical Gardens in Sydney
401363938_dscn2621.jpg

At Tjapukai Aboriginal Centre
402096227_imgp0066.jpg

The Outback (from the plane)
401446062_dscn2386.jpg

The Skyrail
401495639_dscn2329.jpg

The Great Barrier Reef
402030895_imgp0160.jpg

Sydney
401950630_imgp0337.jpg

Ah, Crikey! Hartley's Crocodile Adventure
401567802_dscn2263.jpg

Sea Temple Resort Palm Cove
401582302dscn2167ng8.jpg

401512711dscn2178un3.jpg

402128752imgp0018uh8.jpg

Obviously, these were not in chonological order. Sorry, I am just NOT that organized. I hope you enjoyed the pics and you get to go on the trip!

Great pics! Love the one of the gator. It was dark when we were at the gator farm (and we didn't see them jump like that!), so we didn't get many pics there. I wish I was going back!

I am an aussie living in Melbourne, and been to most places in Ausralia....any questions, just ask!

I would totally recommend a trip, it is very different to USA and your dolalr is good here :)

Would you recommend a side-trip to the Daintree Rainforest and staying at the resort on Lizard Island? How far is that from Cairns?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter