Austim and Ihop restauarant

mandylou6

Earning My Ears
We went there with our severely autistic son and we wanted to share our comments that we made to the company the response was lovely from them .:thumbsup2
My family dined at the IHOP on Hwy192 on Friday April 22. We requested a quiet table due
to our son having autism and hyper sensitive hearing. Sarah noticed that our son Alex was becoming
distressed by the noise made by another child. She enquired if Alex would be happier if she
reseated the other table to another part of the restaurant, which she then arranged for us. We were
then able to remain in the restaurant and complete our meal otherwise we would have had to leave
before the meal arrived. We were very pleased at the level of service we received from Sarah and
the IHOP management should be proud of her attitude which is worthy of special acknowledgement. We
will certainly recommend your estabilshment to other travellers on tourist websites and discussion
boards.

Nice!! As someone who's waited many tables and worked in retail, I'm always on the lookout for someone who goes the extra mile. I'm glad you had such a responsive server!!

Thanks for sharing and nice of you to let them know how much that little extra service meant to your family.:thumbsup2

I love how some people who work at restaurants really go the extra mile for special-needs customers. There's a Mexican restaurant here in town who is very accommodating to people with special-needs. Especially since some of the group homes from the two organizations here in town that provide housing, and services to people with special-needs sometimes takes trips to the restaurant. I know the owners personally, and they are so super nice.

When my husband and I come in. I'm in my power chair, and one of the owners would seat us at the table near the entrance, and bathrooms. The woman who is one of the owners with her brother who is the other owner, knows me and my husband very well. She even knows what we want to order (bean burrito with rice and beans for my guy. Ground beef enchilada with rice and beans for me). She also knows what we want to drink. My mom gave her an extra tip, along with some flowers once when she looked like she was having a not-so-great day. She loved it, and it made her day better for the rest of the day.

We went there with our severely autistic son and we wanted to share our comments that we made to the company the response was lovely from them .:thumbsup2
My family dined at the IHOP on Hwy192 on Friday April 22. We requested a quiet table due
to our son having autism and hyper sensitive hearing. Sarah noticed that our son Alex was becoming
distressed by the noise made by another child. She enquired if Alex would be happier if she
reseated the other table to another part of the restaurant, which she then arranged for us. We were
then able to remain in the restaurant and complete our meal otherwise we would have had to leave
before the meal arrived. We were very pleased at the level of service we received from Sarah and
the IHOP management should be proud of her attitude which is worthy of special acknowledgement. We
will certainly recommend your estabilshment to other travellers on tourist websites and discussion
boards.

That was also nice of the other family to agree to be moved. I hope you thanked them too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter