Aussies take on DL, WDW & USO (then onto Iceland and Paris...)

Good luck, although it sounds like you are on top of things and don't really need luck.

Safe travels!

About to board our flight to LA in Brisbane. Had a few last minute dramas like DD15 waking up very unwell (but she's OK now - just lack of sleep and a very full day with friends yesterday - 45min sleep on our first flight was just what she needed). I had next to no sleep last night, was up late sorting out things (like cleaning a fish tank), and then just couldn't sleep knowing we had to be up about 4am this morning. Then to top it all off, when we arrived at our first airport, I realised that the bag with our clothes for Disneyland when we arrive (& my laptop) was still sitting at home - 25 min drive away, and this was just over an hour before our flight departed. Luckily I have a WONDERFUL friend who's looking after our place while we're go who grabbed my bag and got it to the airport JUST IN TIME. Gotta go - Boarding now. Thanks to all for your well wishes X

Day 3 in DL. Decided 2 sleep in after getting back from DL @ 1am last night. On Amtrak train to check out Hollywood 4 a half day. Retuning 2 DL in late afternoon 2 catch some shows, any rides with short waits & characters who r out & about.

Had a BLAST last night @ mad tea party - gr8 atmosphere & entertainment 4 adults and 'worldly wise' teenagers. No problems or offensive behavior - just not the right atmosphere for younger kids or those who may be a little naive. This was late in the night - around 8.45 thru to 10pm - the mad t-party band was very very good - just wish they played longer. Went over 2 DL when CA closed and there was Mickey AND Minnie together in their holiday gear - will try & upload some photos l8r - they've already been downloaded 2 my laptop so not with me right now.

Cars Land is incredible and RSR is a brilliant ride - we've done it twice getting FP 1st thing, then coming back and riding at night - 2 from 2 wins, and we've seen both 'sides' of the ride.

About to arrive at Union Station - pls post any questions & I'll do my best 2 answer. cheers :-)

Loving the DISBoards App on my iPhone :-D

backinoz said:
Day 3 in DL. Decided 2 sleep in after getting back from DL @ 1am last night. On Amtrak train to check out Hollywood 4 a half day. Retuning 2 DL in late afternoon 2 catch some shows, any rides with short waits & characters who r out & about.

Had a BLAST last night @ mad tea party - gr8 atmosphere & entertainment 4 adults and 'worldly wise' teenagers. No problems or offensive behavior - just not the right atmosphere for younger kids or those who may be a little naive. This was late in the night - around 8.45 thru to 10pm - the mad t-party band was very very good - just wish they played longer. Went over 2 DL when CA closed and there was Mickey AND Minnie together in their holiday gear - will try & upload some photos l8r - they've already been downloaded 2 my laptop so not with me right now.

Cars Land is incredible and RSR is a brilliant ride - we've done it twice getting FP 1st thing, then coming back and riding at night - 2 from 2 wins, and we've seen both 'sides' of the ride.

About to arrive at Union Station - pls post any questions & I'll do my best 2 answer. cheers :-)

Loved the update backinoz. Enjoy Hollywood and can't wait for some photos.

Thanks for posting backinoz. Did you prefer one side of RSR to the other? What are the standby wait times like? How long do you have to wait with a FP?

Looking forward to seeing some photos and hearing more about your trip.

Minniemum said:
Thanks for posting backinoz. Did you prefer one side of RSR to the other? What are the standby wait times like? How long do you have to wait with a FP?

Looking forward to seeing some photos and hearing more about your trip.

No preference for one side if the other - hint... Have your camera ready for when they 'unveil' your pimped up car & take a photo if the mirror. 1st night we had a bit over 30min wait (yes this was the FP line), 2nd time, about 15min. 1st night was a sat night & the ride had been down for 2 hours that afternoon.

Day 3 in WDW update & some observations from DL...

WDW Brown derby has MUCH better food & service than DL Carthay Circle. The main dining room in Carthay Curcle is more spectacular, but as we were seated in a room off to the side, then the decor was rather bland. Having said that, BOG trumps them both for food quality, service & theming. If you r going to WDW then u MUST go for dinner here if at all possible!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're heading to Victoria & Alberts tonight - will probably ruin me 4 all other restaurants, but I can't wait :-)

Time 2 go put on my fancy clothes now (while the family's napping).

Cheers :-)

P.S. POFQ is a beautiful resort & well worth a visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter