Aussie Disneyland Planners come on in and lets plan together :)

I asked DS ( senior) to pick up some US$ for me today - he said they've been going like hotcakes in the last few days. It's just an average suburban branch and they've sold over $40,000 in a couple of days! They get a lot of people just buying cash as an investment, not just travelers, so it looks like there's a lot of people expecting the rate to improve. I sure hope so :)
But if the Aussie dollar is strengthening surely people would be wanting to buy Aussie not US? If you buy US dollars you are buying something that is essentially devaluing against the Aussie. I reckon it's all those special fares, lots of people travelling soon and buying their currency in case the rates drop.

For those that are going to the ToT party, who is dressing up?

We have just decided on our costumes. We are going as Coraline - all of us. So there will be a small, a medium and a large Coraline. Costume is easy but fun and I think we will probably look somewhat amusing :rotfl:

xxx

I don't know. Yes, I'm leaving it a bit late! C is going as Indiana Jones, I'll buy a costume for M over there, I'm undecided whether or not I'll dress up.

2 sleeps for us as well. :banana::banana:
still feel a bit unprepared for the trip. anyone else have these nerves before they travel?
Yes, big time! They haven't hit yet though, I'm still living in we-have-ages-to-go lala land. :hippie:

Qantas has just called me to do our pre flight check in, as we fly out tomorrow morning. The imigration cards are definately still required.

1 more sleep :cool1:

:cool1: Have a great time!!

have fun to all those going soon.

Late notice, but have any of you made disney type travel journals or something similar? I should have all day free tomorrow to do all the little things I haven't gotten around to as yet. Wondering if anyone had any layouts that may save me cutting and pasting one myself. I am looking on the design section of DIS right now.

Hey, have any of you been to Tommy Bahama stores?

have fun to all those going soon.

Late notice, but have any of you made disney type travel journals or something similar? I should have all day free tomorrow to do all the little things I haven't gotten around to as yet. Wondering if anyone had any layouts that may save me cutting and pasting one myself. I am looking on the design section of DIS right now.

Hey, have any of you been to Tommy Bahama stores?

Hey Marvel, I've got some stuff you might like. PM me your email address and I'll send it through

I've done one in Publisher for DD (6). It is for our whole trip rather than just Disney. It has writing prompts, room to note where we are, the weather and the best thing about the day, and lots of blank pages with frames for DD to draw in. I'm happy to email it to you if you think it would be useful.

The boys have each got a Moleskine sketchbook to write and sketch in. I have a Moleskine watercolour book. I am taking stickers, glue, scissors, little envelopes for putting souvenirs, pens, pencils, water colour pencils and water colour paints.

I've done one in Publisher for DD (6). It is for our whole trip rather than just Disney. It has writing prompts, room to note where we are, the weather and the best thing about the day, and lots of blank pages with frames for DD to draw in. I'm happy to email it to you if you think it would be useful.

The boys have each got a Moleskine sketchbook to write and sketch in. I have a Moleskine watercolour book. I am taking stickers, glue, scissors, little envelopes for putting souvenirs, pens, pencils, water colour pencils and water colour paints.
I'd be interested in what you have....anything to try and keep me organised :rolleyes1....but I'm not sure what Publisher is???

I have a ridiculous amount of software on here but not that :confused3
:thanks:

keptwoman, I have a 6 yr old DD and I would love to see what you have made for your DD, if you don't mind sharing it ;)

Keptwoman, I would adore to have you email me this. I will PM you my email address.

1231_1_sbl.JPG

Whohoo Miss Piggy & Kermit are all packed :lmao:
I love our suitcases as I can see them a mile away when they are on the carousel. I also found the most appropriate luggage tags for their nicknames.

Even though I am a seasoned traveller, I took someones advice from this thread and packed half of mine & hubbies clothes in each suitcase, just in case one goes missing. I have never had problems with luggage before but you watch, now I am prepared I bet one goes missing.:eek:

1231_1_sbl.JPG

Whohoo Miss Piggy & Kermit are all packed :lmao:
I love our suitcases as I can see them a mile away when they are on the carousel. I also found the most appropriate luggage tags for their nicknames.

Even though I am a seasoned traveller, I took someones advice from this thread and packed half of mine & hubbies clothes in each suitcase, just in case one goes missing. I have never had problems with luggage before but you watch, now I am prepared I bet one goes missing.:eek:

OMG, how cute are those cases. Hehe, I adore them. I am going to do the same thing, pack across a few cases.

Can anyone who lives in Sydney answer a question for me?

We're staying overnight in Sydney on Sunday night before we fly out to LA on Monday. We arrive in Sydney from Perth at 6pm. My fiance really wants to go and have a look at the harbour bridge while we are there. So I was thinking maybe we could go down there for dinner or an ice-cream or something. Just not sure how far away from the airport it was or how long it would take to get there. We'd have to catch a taxi there and back I guess. We're staying overnight at the Sydney Stamford Plaza hotel which is right next to the airport I think.

Can someone please post the email for the lady you speak to at ho jo again i cant seem to find it in all the pages. I know there was a direct email somewhere!!

Thanks heaps

That's so funny Czardas! Our suitcases are exactly the same colours except they are soft sided not hard sided. You certainly never need to search the conveyor for them as they stand out a mile.
I'll email the journal to those who have PMed me. I also have printed out a few extra colouring pages I found online to add to it. I'm adding in some index tabs as it's over 50 pages and having it bound at Office Works.

That's so funny Czardas! Our suitcases are exactly the same colours except they are soft sided not hard sided. You certainly never need to search the conveyor for them as they stand out a mile.
I'll email the journal to those who have PMed me. I also have printed out a few extra colouring pages I found online to add to it. I'm adding in some index tabs as it's over 50 pages and having it bound at Office Works.

Keptwoman, thanks so much.

By the way, did you see that you can get the Hershey store in Times Square to put a personal message on their billboard for just $4.95. I know you are going there so thought I would mention it.

Can anyone who lives in Sydney answer a question for me?

We're staying overnight in Sydney on Sunday night before we fly out to LA on Monday. We arrive in Sydney from Perth at 6pm. My fiance really wants to go and have a look at the harbour bridge while we are there. So I was thinking maybe we could go down there for dinner or an ice-cream or something. Just not sure how far away from the airport it was or how long it would take to get there. We'd have to catch a taxi there and back I guess. We're staying overnight at the Sydney Stamford Plaza hotel which is right next to the airport I think.

Gosh - your right the Stamford is right near the Dom Airport in Sydney , my guess is if you land at 6.00 , it will be 7.00 before you check in at your hotel . The airport at that time of night is always chaotic - you will need a cab to the hotel too unless they have a shuttle.

A taxi to the Harbour Bridge at that time of night will probably only take 20-25 mins depending on traffic , lots of places there to eat or grab a snack . Not sure how much it would cost though , its been so long since I've caught a cab in Sydney.

So definitely do-able - The harbour Bridge looks good at night too

But if the Aussie dollar is strengthening surely people would be wanting to buy Aussie not US?

hey that's true! Its good I don't look after our family investments :)

Andona
p.s. our internet connection died today and im sending this from my phone. had to get my dis fix ! hope it works.

Thanks very much for that Rossip I have emailed them now!

We have the USD on our computer and right at this moment it says

WOOO HOOO

:cool1::banana::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter